20/20 Episode Friday March 21, 2014

terminatrixator

All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and
Reaction score
On Friday, March 21, 2014 ABC's 20/20 Primetime Crime with John Quinones is doing a show about the murder of Janet Marie Christiansen and her unborn child committed by Raven Abaroa.

They aired a show called "Murder Mystery: What Happened to Janet Abaroa?" in 2009. This will be a follow-up to that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/murder-mystery-mother-stabbed-north-carolina-home/story?id=8408459

No matter how emphatically Raven Abaroa stated he didn't receive a fair trial or how many times he states he didn't kill Janet, or even how Karen Abaroa Bolton wants to spin it and state that it's Janet's family fault for Raven being arrested, the facts are the facts and IMO the facts are Raven premeditated the murder of Janet and their unborn child.

http://www.4utah.com/story/d/story/...band-enters-guil/23473/Q6_uogfrzkW-x8IjHfTzXA

This is the ABC 4 News in Utah edition prior to the big 20/20 episode tonight.

Pond believes she could have been his second victim.

“Absolutely,” she says. “He was already calling my friends and my family telling them that I was crazy and would hurt myself.”

She noticed Abaroa never apologized to Janet’s family.

“Mention her name, show that you loved your wife and you share their pain,” says Pond. “He didn't even mention her name. He thinks only of himself.

Pond says as part of the plea deal Abaroa will serve only three and a half years in prison and was given credit for the time he’s already been behind bars. And she says she’s learned Abaroa will return to Draper to live with his mother and son once he’s released.

“I’m aware he could still hold a grudge against me,” she says. “But that’s why I want to be vocal about this so everyone will know what he’s done (to Janice and to me). It would be foolish for him to come after me.”

-
Note to Vanessa, Websleuths will always be here, those that care about Justice will always be here, if he steals, if he cons, if he abuses another woman, we will be here and we will know about it!

For people new to the case, a few notes:

1. The murder occurred in the spare bedroom which was an office.

2. there was testimony in the first trial that the footprint the defense brings up which was that of a first responder to the scene of the crime. A paramedic, stepped into Janet's blood and then took ONE step back. There is no blood leading out of the room. There is just one foot print when the paramedics showed up.

3. The foreign DNA on the back door was under the blood smear on the outside of the door, Raven had blood on his sleeve. It was found to either be transfer smear or it could have been a cough or any of the friends or family.

More information. NOBODY touched on.

4. Janet and Raven had two large dogs. These dogs were house dogs. Before Raven left for soccer, he took the dogs and put them in crates, in an outside SHED.

He admitted he did this so Janet could SLEEP. These dogs NEVER slept in crates in a shed. They were HOUSE dogs.

I can go on all night long.

so Tricia's note said she had it on good authority that Raven was reading here ... I'm curious about that

I know WS doesn't reveal member's identities but wouldn't it be creepy if he was also posting here? that happened in another case I followed and it was quite interesting to see how the perp tried to spin the truth and influence opinions

anyway, who watched the show tonight? I haven't yet - just got home from work & trying to relax

Watched the show. There is so much more out there that nobody will actually get by watching this show regarding Raven Abaroa and the murder of Janet.

It was a sensational show, but there was so much more evidence against Raven.

There are also personal things nobody will get from this episode.

Things that people aren't going to get from this program is that Janet's mother, Mrs. Christiansen was diagnosed with breast cancer prior to the first trial. She had postponed treatment to get through the first trial. Then there was the mistrial. She had decided to postpone surgery and the treatments until after the second trial.

Janet was murdered in 2005. Raven was arrested in February of 2010. For those five years before Raven was arrested, he NEVER visited Janet's grave.

Not only did he not visit Janet's grave, he threatened Janet's family if they came out and spoke out about him. He also held Kaiden, their son over his head.

Five years he walked free. To be able to see Kaiden, Janet's family had to fly to Utah and then request to see their grandchild.

3 months after Janet's murder he got an underaged girl pregnant. He went through MULTIPLE women before he married Vanessa and several AFTER Vanessa and he split.

Raven stole after the first embezzlement.

People don't realize that 4 months before Janet's murder, he was arrested for embezzlement and the first thing LE took was his laptop. They don't realize that the day before the murder he backed up his entire hard drive.

A few days after the murder he claimed that his laptop was stolen as well as his knife collection during the murder. He claimed he had NO backup of his hard drive.

Before the funeral one of Janet's sisters found the backup of the harddrive in his bag. She copied it and gave it to LE. HE stillcontinued to claim he did not have this back up.

Check out his note "If I were a Bird" something posted the day before the murder.

Raven claimed that HE did the dishes...yet Janet's rings were sitting at the kitchen sink. He lied about big things, little things and all things.

He's a thief, a liar, a con-man, a cheater, a sociopath, a murderer.

On the one year anniversary of Janet's murder Raven sat in an attorney's office filing bankruptcy. On the one year anniversary of Janet's murder, Janet's family was in Durham hosting a vigil. Janet's family have a website dedicated to finding justice for Janet.

Raven spent 5 years dating, playing soccer, stealing from other companies, conning people, trying to get money so he could have power to fight us internet people. If you saw the entire tape of Raven you will see when he says he wants to fight this, he goes on to say fight the people on the internet!

I just watched it. Very well done. Vanessa did a great job with her interviews. What a lovely woman she is; I'm sure she and her family are thankful she got away from that monster. I hope she doesn't have to look over her shoulder in fear and that her path never crosses with his again.

As for Raven, wow he is evil and unfortunately he will encounter more women after he gets out of prison. I think he's a danger to anyone who gets involved with him. And there will be women who will fall for his charms, I'm sure. Some bleeding hearts who will be more than willing to believe poor Raven was "railroaded" and everything was just a coincidence.

People don't realize that 4 months before Janet's murder, he was arrested for embezzlement and the first thing LE took was his laptop. They don't realize that the day before the murder he backed up his entire hard drive.

I have not been following the case. Can someone tell me why he made a back up of his hard drive? What was on it? Thanks.

I have not been following the case. Can someone tell me why he made a back up of his hard drive? What was on it? Thanks.

Four months before the murder Raven was caught embezzling from the company he and Janet worked at, Eurosports. Law enforcement confiscated his lap top and his work computer which helped to implicate him. Janet was not involved in the embezzlement and didn't find out about it until he was arrested.

He planned and premeditated Janet's murder. If you delete things OFF your hard drive. It can still be found by an IT forensic investigator. The only way to make sure any incriminating evidence is gone for good is to delete the files and destroy the hard drive. There was still files on the hard drive he wanted, financial documents, personal information, etc. Raven took off two days of work prior to the murder. The day before the murder he deleted any files he didn't want to copy to disk, he then backed up the files onto a disk he wanted to keep. He then destroyed that hard drive. He was arrested just four months prior and he knew that his laptop would be checked out thoroughly by LE after he called 911 after he killed Janet.

Raven was a planner. Websleuthers since the beginning of 2005 found Raven belonged to many online sites and he was a perfectionist and a planner. He touted the Franklin Covey Planning methods. It is my belief as well as others that have sleuthed this case since the beginning that Raven planned and premeditated the murder. He knew enough to know that LE will take and search the laptop.

During the first trial we learned that the day of the murder Raven was taking his TV and putting it into his vehicle. A church member stopped by to do a "welfare check" on the couple. They were getting aid from their church to help to help pay child care costs, they were getting their groceries through the church and they were getting help with their rent.

It was testified to, in court, that the church member asked Raven about the TV and Raven said oh it doesn't work. The church member said he would take it off his hands. The Church Member did try the TV and found the TV worked JUST FINE. (I believe Raven was going to say they were robbed and the TV was stolen also). He told police the ONLY thing missing from the home was the laptop and his knife collection. He couldn't say the TV was missing because he got caught putting it into his SUV.

On April 25, 2005 Raven made this post - this post was found on the disk too:

"Monday, April 25, 2005

If I were a bird... Wait, I am!
The way in which I was raised is a direct reflection of the person I am today. In my early childhood I began to develop strengths that would help me in both my personal and professional life. I learned how to adapt to change, become outgoing and personable, and become aggressive in all my endeavors. The same experiences which made me strong also created weakness. As I was forced to grow up quickly I began to overlook my education, second guess myself, and loose focus easily. The strengths and weaknesses I developed in my childhood have played a role in my personal and professional life. As I grow in wisdom I am making efforts to improve upon my weaknesses while developing my strengths.

While under the age of five years old I saw my parents go through a very difficult divorce. My mother was left to care for 4 children under the age of six. As young as 7 years old I remember having the desire to help ease her pains. I decided that if I could grow up fast then my mom would have less to worry about and I could help her accomplish what she needed to have an orderly house. I began by being comfortable with change. During all my childhood I was constantly challenged with change. Our routine regularly changed with our financial situation, our home, and our surroundings.

As a child I often didn’t know what the next meal would bring. It seemed one month we were dining out every night and the next month we were receiving food assistance from our church. I remember being able to buy $400 worth of clothes for the beginning of my school year from Mervyns during my 3rd grade year. However, in the 6th grade I learned to maximize my budget of $100 by shopping at TJ Maxx. This uncertainly could have caused me to have insecurities or embarrassments about my situation. Instead, I became accustomed to change and comfortable adapting to my surroundings. As I have grown up I have found that my ability to adapt to change has become a valuable strength in my life. By adapting to change in my personal life I have been able to not stress about change in atmosphere. When times have been good I’ve dined in the finest of restaurants and when times have been tough I’ve been able to utilize coupons and eating in to stay within my budget. The same can be said in my professional life. During 2001 my company budget was downsized from a $3k monthly spending budget to $750. Most of my team members had built their sales around spending the $3k with golf outings, dinner parties and other activities to secure business. While I did some of the same activities I found it very easy to limit my spending and during our next quarterly sales meeting I was the only team member to stay within budget.

In addition to financial challenges in my childhood, I was challenged with making new friends more often than most children. Having lived in 10 different houses and attending 10 different schools by the time I was seventeen I had no choice but to adapt or be lost in the shuffle. The constant change in schools made me quite the extravert. Because time was precious and I didn’t know what was around the corner I didn’t have time to be shy. I had to be energetic and outgoing to attract friends and relationships. I have used this strength to benefit my personal life as well as my professional life. In my personal life I have never been afraid to make new acquaintances and in turn have many friends. At work I have been successful at sales because I am very personable and can relate to others very well.

One of the strengths my mother possessed was aggressiveness and the unwillingness to accept circumstances as final. Although times were hard, my mother always instilled in us the desire to aggressively seek after our dreams. If we wanted something bad enough, all we had to do was work hard for it. When I was 15 years old I wanted to be viewed as the #1 goalie in the state. At the regional ODP (Olympic Development Program) camp the national coach of our age group evaluated my skills and said I struggled at communicating with my team and distributing the ball. Over the next year I woke up every morning before school and practiced 100 punts and 100 goal kicks. In the afternoon I threw the ball up against a wall 100 times. At practice I spent more time listening to how my coach communicated to the team so I could do the same from the field. In only one year I was the top goalie in Utah (Starting for our ODP team, of course, my buddy Darius wasn't playing ODP this year and he was my only competition I think) and went on to achieve success as an ODP player and a college athlete. The same aggressiveness to reach perfection in my youth has strengthened me in my professional endeavors. I recall my first time interviewing with companies in DC. I was offered positions at 6 of the 7 places I interviewed. Most of the managers directly commented on how they admired my aggressiveness to get in the door and that is what attracted them to me. This aggressiveness also allows me to not give up when others might throw in the towel!

The same circumstances which strengthened my personality also gave way to weakness in my life. While I was adapting to change I felt like I was reinventing the wheel too often. The constant change of surroundings leads me to loose focus easily and this has proven to be a weakness in my life. Early in my career I found myself changing goals every few months which lead to changing jobs often and consequently I was often moving. While I changed schools a lot in my youth I never had a real foundation in education. Additionally, my mom was successful and undereducated, which strengthened my belief that education was not important. However, I now find that my lack of education leaves me narrow minded and can limit my interaction with co-workers and friends. Finally, because I was moving so much as a child I did have some insecurity. One insecurity was second guessing myself. Without constant friendships I was always afraid to ask for help and in that frame of thought I often wondered if what I was doing was right. In my personal and professional life my biggest weakness is uncertainty because through second-guessing myself I do not take a lot of risk and to be successful in my line of work you must be willing to take risks.

A strength which is evident in this writing is my ability to recognize weakness. Through this recognition of weakness I am able to focus on changing behaviors to better prepare myself for a successful future. I do not like to spend time reflecting on weakness, but as I acknowledge what my weaknesses are I also identify ways to improve on them. To help me keep focused I use Franklin Covey software to organize my projects, goals, tasks, and calendar down to the simplest of steps. I have also committed to continued learning. I have read many management and leadership books and started participating in group discussions at work and at home to broaden my knowledge and strengthen my decision making. These two things will allow me to not second guess myself and feel adequately educated. While my childhood brought on these weaknesses, I feel like my ability to adapt to change will allow me to overcome my weaknesses as I grow and mature in my personal and professional life.
In summary, I feel my strengths and weaknesses have been molded from the way I was raised. Through the events of my childhood I was able to develop strengths that not only helped me survive my adolescence, but have proven to be a great attribute to the development of my personal and professional life. I also understand that I am able to change my weaknesses through my ability to adapt and that by doing so I will achieve success.

posted by Ina’maqki’u wi’dishi’anun at 11:15 AM"

By Raven Abaroa posted the day before Janet was murdered and backed up on disk the day before Janet was murdered.

On Friday, March 21, 2014 ABC's 20/20 Primetime Crime with John Quinones is doing a show about the murder of Janet Marie Christiansen and her unborn child committed by Raven Abaroa.

They aired a show called "Murder Mystery: What Happened to Janet Abaroa?" in 2009. This will be a follow-up to that.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/murder-mystery-mother-stabbed-north-carolina-home/story?id=8408459

No matter how emphatically Raven Abaroa stated he didn't receive a fair trial or how many times he states he didn't kill Janet, or even how Karen Abaroa Bolton wants to spin it and state that it's Janet's family fault for Raven being arrested, the facts are the facts and IMO the facts are Raven premeditated the murder of Janet and their unborn child.

Just watched this last night. Surprised at how well it was done, considering ti was 20/20, inferior to dateline and 48h. The juror they got at the end... to give on sentence... was he saying that the jury as whole though to let a guilty man go, than jail an innocent, or was that the perception of the one hold out? Couldn't they get more information from him to air - pathetic.

I think they should have hammered hom what a disgrace this was - where was the ADA?? Would have loved to get her thoughts... this si just wrong. Would never have happened like this in a bio state.

Just watched this last night. Surprised at how well it was done, considering ti was 20/20, inferior to dateline and 48h. The juror they got at the end... to give on sentence... was he saying that the jury as whole though to let a guilty man go, than jail an innocent, or was that the perception of the one hold out? Couldn't they get more information from him to air - pathetic.

I think they should have hammered hom what a disgrace this was - where was the ADA?? Would have loved to get her thoughts... this si just wrong. Would never have happened like this in a bio state.

The juror that spoke out during the 20/20 interview was explaining what the lone holdout stated, which he would rather set a guilty man free than put an innocent man to jail and from my understanding the juror that voted NG is one of those that doesn't understand what circumstantial evidence is.

I have been told that most of the jurors were quite upset and in tears over the mistrial.

the juror that voted NG is one of those that doesn't understand what circumstantial evidence is.
It is frightening how many people misunderstand or completely ignore the value of circumstantial evidence. I think this should be a question asked during voir dire because I've seen a lot of people proclaim they could never convict someone over "just circumstantial evidence." :tantrum: :banghead:

http://tearsforjanet.com/index.htm

There is the announcement on the show at Janet's family tribute site.

TY Terminatrix - you are an angel... no, not a fallen angel, they types Hollywood keep painting as being the saviors of humanity when in reality they are just a metaphor for satan ( see NOAH).

Any way, you have been great with elucidating the facts of this case. An abomination what has happened here. We can only hope Raven gets Dahmerred in the clinky clink - but as you see with his "post" he is mr erxtrovert friendly guy. What a he is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back