Crime scene information

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Information from the search warrant:

Search warrant issued: 4/27/05 3:15 a.m.
Search warrant executed: 4/27/05 5:45 a.m.

Application for search warrant:
On April 26, 2005 at 10:58 p.m. uniform patrol officers responded to 2606 Ferrand Drive in reference to a gun shot wound. At 11:50 p.m. I, WL Early, arrived at the above location. At 11:55pm I spoke with Off. Jason Williams on car #221, who advised that he had received the call to this location in reference to a gun shot wound. Off. Williams advised this investigator that when he arrived at the scene, he spoke with a Mr. Raven Abaroa, who advised that his wife was upstairs,, and that she was hurt. Off. Williams entered the residence, and observed a white female in a upstairs bedroom, laying on her back, with what appeared to be a stab wound to her chest.
On April 27, 2005 at 12:13 a.m. I, Inv. Early entered the residence and I observed in a upstairs bedroom, the body of a white female laying on her back, with what appeared to be a stab wound to her chest. There was a large amount of blood near the body, there was stains on the walls of the bedroom, and there was blood stains near the side door of the residence, located on the South side.
At approximately 12:25am, I departed the residence.

At the time the search warrant was executed there was no one at the residence.

Property Incident Report:

Gatoraide bottle
Swabs were taken from a vehicle, interior door & lock; driver’s seat; driver’s door handle
Numerous soil samples
Trace from driver floorboard & driver seat
recovered from Dodge Durango

Swabbings & control taken from the following locations:
Kitchen Counter
Master Bathroom Floor
Opposite wall of victim in office
Desk Door
Back of Desk
Wall adjacent to victim
Carpet below victim

House keys
Car Keys
shoes Nike (sandals) & Sketcher
books & notebook from master bedroom (from master bedroom tv stand)
Check – Matrix Capitol $1201.65
Personal papers (daily planner & checkbook from kitchen)
Personal safe
Block of knives (complete set of sissors) Faberwear
Palm pilot charger (note: where’s the palm pilot?) HP
Shirt (pierre cardin)
Shoes (adidas 10.5)
Car loan papers

Knife with case (from vehicle) Bear Claw
Pawn Ticket (from vehicle) 813953 NATIONAL
Swabbings from vehicle: (Consistent with one from left front door and one from the window)
recovered from Dodge Durango as per media reports

Trace – victim’s left hand
Trace – victim’s right hand
Office carpet
Cell phone
Paper in foyer (closest to ?)
Paper in foyer (closest to bathroom)
Swabbings and control from interior side storm door and interior side door frame.

Currency, color silver, value $10
was recovered beside the creek in front of the residence

The following items were collected directly from the victim’s husband, Raven Abaroa
Sweatshirt; adidas
Shirt, nike
shoes, nike
undershirt, kappa
shoes, color multi, climcool
socks, white
socks, blue

http://www.wral.com/news/4443707/detail.html

When the 911 call came in last Tuesday, police thought they were responding to a shooting. After officers got to the house on Ferrand Drive, Janet Abaroa's husband, Raven, told them his wife was upstairs hurt.

Authorities found the 25-year-old mother on the bedroom floor. According to police, she had been stabbed in the chest. Court papers show there were large amounts of blood on the floor, on the wall and near a side door of the home.

Investigators stayed on the scene nearly 24 hours collecting evidence. Some of the items seized include a block of knives, financial items, including a checkbook and loan papers and a cell phone. Police searched the couple's Dodge Durango, where they found a knife and a pawn shop ticket.

Authorities also collected soil samples from the SUV and took swabbings from various locations in the house. They also took the clothes Abaroa's husband had been wearing.

golfmom said:
At the time the search warrant was executed there was no one at the residence.

Property Incident Report:

Gatoraide bottle
Swabs were taken from a vehicle, interior door & lock; driver’s seat; driver’s door handle
Numerous soil samples
Trace from driver floorboard & driver seat
recovered from Dodge Durango

Swabbings & control taken from the following locations:
Kitchen Counter
Master Bathroom Floor
Opposite wall of victim in office
Desk Door
Back of Desk
Wall adjacent to victim
Carpet below victim

House keys
Car Keys
shoes Nike (sandals) & Sketcher
books & notebook from master bedroom (from master bedroom tv stand)
Check – Matrix Capitol $1201.65
Personal papers (daily planner & checkbook from kitchen)
Personal safe
Block of knives (complete set of sissors) Faberwear
Palm pilot charger (note: where’s the palm pilot?) HP
Shirt (pierre cardin)
Shoes (adidas 10.5)
Car loan papers

Knife with case (from vehicle) Bear Claw
Pawn Ticket (from vehicle) 813953 NATIONAL
Swabbings from vehicle: (Consistent with one from left front door and one from the window)
recovered from Dodge Durango as per media reports
Looks like the knife in the truck is not the same knife he had in the "Merry Christmas" video. I looked up "Bear Claw," and they are pretty expensive hand-made knives. Maybe he had "upgraded."

Ok I have been trying to read all th eposts on this case and get caught up...Phew what a job. This is a very sad case and I hope that it will be solved soon. But I have a few questions:

I thought I read somewhere that it was 2 friends......maybe co workers that called the police because they went to her house after she didn't respond to an email???? Is that true??? Please someone clarify did the husband call 911 or the friends or did they both and who was there when the police arrived after the 911 call? Thanks in advance for your help. I am sure this info has been posted some where here but I have been reading now for a few hours and I find conflicting reports.

MistyGirl said:
I thought I read somewhere that it was 2 friends......maybe co workers that called the police because they went to her house after she didn't respond to an email???? Is that true??? Please someone clarify did the husband call 911 or the friends or did they both and who was there when the police arrived after the 911 call? Thanks in advance for your help. I am sure this info has been posted some where here but I have been reading now for a few hours and I find conflicting reports.

There are two separate versions of the events being reported by the media that are vastly different. No one has been able to reconcile these vastly different accounts of what occured.

Interestingly, LE has not released direct information on who actually made the 911 call, just that they received one.

vero said:
Looks like the knife in the truck is not the same knife he had in the "Merry Christmas" video. I looked up "Bear Claw," and they are pretty expensive hand-made knives. Maybe he had "upgraded."

In the video he said ....

I collect knives.

golfmom said:
Currency, color silver, value $10
was recovered beside the creek in front of the residence

:waitasec:

This is the first I've seen of the total amount of change found. Ten dollars is quite a bit of change, even if its all in quarters. This has got me extremely curious.

LadyGraffix@mac.com said:

This is the first I've seen of the total amount of change found. Ten dollars is quite a bit of change, even if its all in quarters. This has got me extremely curious.

We've speculated that it might be for payphones ... you know those pesky cell phone records ... :rolleyes:

golfmom said:
We've speculated that it might be for payphones ... you know those pesky cell phone records ... :rolleyes:

That's a reasonable thought. When I first heard about the silver change found, I was thinking collected change from purchases that could have fallen out of someone's pocket. This goes pretty far beyond that.

Someone carrying that much change would be pretty weighted down and noisy . . . I wonder if the creek was used as a getaway path to hide tracks; maybe not just a place to wash up.

golfmom said:
There are two separate versions of the events being reported by the media that are vastly different. No one has been able to reconcile these vastly different accounts of what occured.

Interestingly, LE has not released direct information on who actually made the 911 call, just that they received one.
Thanks for the info Golfmom! I did read the search warrant and the officer states that when he arrived at the home the husband WAS there....so if that is stated in the search warrant would at mean it was a FACT that the husband was there when they arrived and go against the media reports that when police arrived the husband was not there? I know that still doesn't clear up who actualy placed the 911 call..............I really want to know who actually placed that call...it is driving me nutz. I wonder if there two calls placed to 911 one by the friend/co-worker and one by the husband??????? Hmmmmm....

Edit because I was wrong after going back and re reading the search warrant sorry everyone.....

That's a reasonable thought. When I first heard about the silver change found, I was thinking collected change from purchases that could have fallen out of someone's pocket. This goes pretty far beyond that.

Someone carrying that much change would be pretty weighted down and noisy . . . I wonder if the creek was used as a getaway path to hide tracks; maybe not just a place to wash up.

I'm not sure, but another thing that's bothered me is Raven's sister writing the whole poopy-head thing to him just before Janet's body was discovered. Was he chatting away with her and she logged on to send him a special message? Creeps me for sure.

golfmom said:
I'm not sure, but another thing that's bothered me is Raven's sister writing the whole poopy-head thing to him just before Janet's body was discovered. Was he chatting away with her and she logged on to send him a special message? Creeps me for sure.

I agree, that bugs me too. Particularly the taunting way she drew out his name.

Information regarding the second search.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/durham/story/2368794p-8746832c.html

DURHAM -- Police say a Durham woman found dead in her home last week was stabbed, and a search warrant indicates that investigators wanted to further examine the family's SUV to determine the vehicle's "relationship" to the homicide.
Police have named no suspects, and no charges have been filed.

"Nothing in the investigation so far indicates that the homicide was a random act," Kammie Michael, a Durham Police Department spokeswoman, said in a news release Monday. "Investigators are still looking into several possibilities."

On Thursday, Durham police Cpl. B.E. Bradley was granted to a warrant to search a 1998 Dodge Durango belonging to Raven Abaroa, the victim's husband. The warrant indicates that the day before, police had searched the SUV and the home the couple rented in western Durham off Sparger Road.

After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said.

"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said.

golfmom said:
After police interviewed Raven Abaroa earlier on Thursday, they asked a judge for permission to search the vehicle for evidence a second time, the warrant said.

"Information disclosed during that interview has suggested that further scientific testing is needed to determine the relationship of the vehicle to the homicide," the warrant said.

Very interesting report that I hadn't seen before now.

I also want to mention that like someone else said, $10 IS a lot of change, even in quarters. Yes, someone could have been carrying it to make a call or calls from a pay phone but it seems to me that if ten dollars worth of change falls out of your pocket, you'd notice. It seems to me that someone would either have placed it there intentionally or knew that it had fallen, and decided not to pick it back up again for some reason.

JerseyGirl said:
I also want to mention that like someone else said, $10 IS a lot of change, even in quarters. Yes, someone could have been carrying it to make a call or calls from a pay phone but it seems to me that if ten dollars worth of change falls out of your pocket, you'd notice. It seems to me that someone would either have placed it there intentionally or knew that it had fallen, and decided not to pick it back up again for some reason.

I had to go back to double-check just to make sure, and it does say $10 under the heading
"Value $ Recovered"

JerseyGirl said:
Very interesting report that I hadn't seen before now.

What $10 in silver coins made me think of immediately was a roll of quarters. I used to get quarters like this a lot. You can use them for....

coin operated washers and dryers (Thank heavens I do not do this anymore,)
pay phones
pool games
pay video games
parking meters
vending machines

I think it's a good clue, since it says something about the person's lifestyle.

If it was all quarters, and being carried loose in a jacket, was the creek big enough that whoever this was could have simply taken the quarters out of the pocket and thrown the jacket in the creek, allowing it to float away, and then just forgotten to pick the quarters up?

Or, if the person took the jacket off and put it on the ground, the quarters could have slid out of the pocket when he/she picked the jacket back up, not making any noise. Maybe he/she wouldn't realize just then that the weight of them was gone.

BTW, Hi! I used to post here a lot--haven't been doing it so much recently, but do read, and the info on this forum is great!

I just read about this amount also, probably all in quarters. I'm thinking laundramat.

Something to think about.....the change may mean nothing. If they took a metal detector to the yard (hoping to find the knife?), it would have picked up change also. The ten dollars in change could have been all around the creek and not in one spot???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back