Teen bypasses all security in WTC

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
http://nypost.com/2014/03/20/teen-sneaks-past-sleeping-wtc-guard-reaches-104th-floor/

Scrawny 16-year-old Justin Casquejo crawled through a hole in a Ground Zero fence at about 4 a.m. Sunday and got a lift up the tower from a clueless union elevator operator, even though he had no ID.
He was dropped off on the 88th floor and hiked the stairs up to the 104th floor — where a guard assigned to protect the top of the world’s biggest terror target was sound asleep.

More at link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO but makes me feel very insecure in our country. Last time I went through security at an airport I was practically stripped and poked at every bodily orifice. Yet I'm a small, very pale, older blonde woman that no one could be afraid of....most of the time I spend in a wheel chair. Still, 9/11 happened and this kid manages to get through alleged stringent security. A plane is out there lost that no one can find and it could be a terrorist threat to multiple targets. Rant over.

There is no way we are ever going to guard everywhere 24/7. Even the new WTC building.

This kid amuses me, and I have to admire his chutzpah. :crazy: Judging by his photos, he's something of a daredevil. If he were an adult, or lived in the mountains, he'd probably be rock climbing or something similar. As it is, he's lived his whole life in the shadow of the Manhatten skyline, so that seems to be what he's attracted to. He should become sort of stunt guy, like the French man who crossed between the old towers, as shown in the movie Man on Wire.

Looking on the plus side, this teen hopefully woke some people up before the bad boys try to get in!!

Union or not, if he was told everyone needed id to ride the elevator, looks like he failed to do his job! Fire him, do not reassign him!

Forgot to say - I like his chutzpah, but I'm glad I'm not his mother... I'd have a heart attack seeing those pics of him hanging on stuff lol! :eek:

The New Jersey teen daredevil who climbed the World Trade Center’s Freedom Tower in 2014 has surrendered to police after videos posted on social media showed him dangling from other New York skyscrapers.

Police say 19-year-old Justin Casquejo turned himself in Friday and faces charges of reckless endangerment and trespassing.

http://nj1015.com/nj-teen-skyscraper-daredevil-faces-new-stunt-charges/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back