GUILTY TN - Courtney Cash, 23, murdered at her Baxter home, 19 March 2014

This is the link to our local newspaper, for more news, as it becomes available.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/...e-reported-on-Rice-Road?instance=main_article

I'm really heartsick over this as this is right down the street from where my daughter's family lives and my daughter is the same age as this young woman.

There is more to the story already from locals here, but as we all know, that I can't post until the MSM get's it.

Wayne Gary Masciarella, name appears doing one search showing mugshots and even arrest records in Nashville, but as of now, I cannot say it's the same person.

The young man who, try to protect Courtney, ran with the child ( believed) to be the young man's child, ran with her to protect the child. He has a stab wound to the chest. ( All of this is not in the article yet. )

More will come and please forgive me if I don't know how to do this right LOL Thanks!

I just found them all, and until the "Official" release from the Sheriff's department, I will refrain to post any photo's of them.
They are a beautiful family...

Very sad Lyric. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Of course there is more to the story and I appreciate you being so protective and realize it comes from a good place. Prayers for all of their loved ones. Thank god the child is safe~ Frigga

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/25019393/homicide-investigation-underway-in-putnam-county

"We ask for your prayers for the Cash family at this time. Courtney and her boyfriend are beloved members of my family and like you we have a lot of questions and emotions that we are beginning to sort through today. We ask for you to respect our privacy and appreciate all the support that the public and media has always offered my family, as we handle the loss of my grand-daughter, pray for the father of my great-grand child and journey through the search for justice on this violent act. We are completely heartbroken. It is a time like this that we are grateful for our faith and trusting the loving guidance of God."

The article states, the young man who lived with her, was gravely injured....I'm not quite sure what that means yet.

The is still only one murder charge as of now.

Update: More Information Now

Around 10:40 a.m. Wednesday, a 911 call about a possible stabbing in progress was received from a cell phone.

Data from cell towers gave law enforcement an address that turned out to be incorrect. While deputies were clearing that location to make sure everything was okay there, another 911 call about the same incident was received and law enforcement responded to a duplex at 8129 Rice Road, Putnam County Sheriff David Andrews said.

Once inside the home, a white female, later identified as Courtney Jean Cash, 23, was found to be deceased inside a white chest-type box. Deputies cleared the home and withdrew, waiting for a search warrant so they could further investigate the scene.

Meanwhile, a male victim identified as Austin Johnson and said to be the boyfriend of the female victim, had left the scene and went to the White County hospital. He was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center where he was listed in critical condition.

Because of the male victim’s condition, White County law enforcement was called to the hospital and through initial interviews with that victim, Masciarella was identified as a suspect. Putnam County deputies began looking for Masciarella and found him at a home in Cookeville within a few minutes.

According to a warrant for Masciarella, investigators claim he “stabbed the (female) victim with a kitchen knife and did not attempt to get the female professional medical assistance.”

After the female died, Masciarella “attempted to clean the crime scene and hide the body to avoid detection,” the warrant states.

Family confirmed that Cash and Austin had a young daughter together. Andrews said it is believed the child could have been at the home when the incident occurred but is now safe.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Man charged in stabbing death
http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/...arged-in-stabbing-death?instance=main_article

She was very pretty. Now her little girl lost her mom. Hope the dad turns out ok.

RIP Courtney.

:rose:
fran

25020037_BG5.jpg

http://wtvf.images.worldnow.com/images/25020037_BG5.jpg

Is the boyfriend a victim or the attacker!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems a third male party is the perp, we don't know anything else ATM, one charge for murder so far.

There could be an attempted murder charge coming next, I am assuming. MOO

Sheriff David Andrews, in the news conference, said Masciarella has been in county jail at least 27 times...I have found that he has also been arrested in Nashville, and in East Tennessee.

I'm including the link to the news conference that is about a 13 min video...
Sheriff Andrews did say that he thinks it has to do with drugs or indirectly.
He has said a lot more then I thought he would.

"We live in a drug-driven society. This is a senseless, tragic death of a young lady whose life was probably taken as a direct or indirect result of drugs," Sheriff Andrews said in a media briefing Thursday afternoon.

I can't help but see Holly when I watched this, and what the Sheriff had to say. All the arrest's...and still this guy is still running the streets.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/25019393/homicide-investigation-underway-in-putnam-county

Who was the suspect to the couple? How did they know him? He sounds awful.

In jail at least 27 times?!

You'd think at some point he would be put away for a long time in prison. Something's terribly wrong with the justice system here.

In jail 27 times!! Why was he free??

Who was the suspect to the couple? How did they know him? He sounds awful.

He was a friend of the victims....they were out that night and went back to Austin's and Courtney's home.

In jail 27 times!! Why was he free??

Just like so many other cases...the revolving door. They get slapped on the wrist and sent on their way.

Our local paper is full, everyday, someone is getting busted for some kind of drug. Here is usually pills or meth.

I'm wondering now, just what Austin Johnson is saying about all this with the investigators..
I am more leaning toward drugs being the fuel of this senseless murder...
Please understand I am NOT blaming the victims, because this should never had happened.
However they were all out until early morning hours...
Not sure when the attack happened.

I am just outraged at the moment that a child had to experience this. I hope that later down the road the memories don't come to haunting her, as she is trying to grow up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back