HCPD contacts Florida LE about skeletal remains that were found

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wspa.com/story/25039646/...uthorities-after-skeletal-remains-found-in-fl

WKMG Local 6 - based in Orlando, FL - reports a garbage bag containing human remains were discovered Thursday afternoon by a man collecting garbage along the Oak Street near International Speedway Boulevard in DeLand. The man who discovered the bag, according to WKMG, claims a deputy told him the remains appeared to be that of a young girl.

Kegler, however, says there is absolutely no speculation on whether or not Thursday's discovery is connected to the missing person's case of Heather Elvis, who was last seen on December 18 in Horry County.

Kegler says the communication between the two departments is only to inform them of the case that is currently under investigation by Horry County Police. He notes there are a number of active missing person's cases in the area of Florida where the skeletal remains were found.

Just wondering if Dec-March would produce skeletal remains...I suppose it is possible, depending upon weather, etc...

Thank you Nurse. Someone at work told me they were told this as if it was fact that its her. My heart dropped. Still incredibly saddened but glad it may not be her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I guess I have to hope this is Heather, just for the sake of improving the case against the Moorers, as well for her family's sake. She is deceased somewhere, IMO, and probably not left in any kind of remotely respectful way. This scenario kind of fits on how I think TM would choose to dispose of Heather. JMO

How long before it's known whether or not it's Heather?

Such an eerie feeling! On one hand you want it to be her so that justice can be that much quicker and swifter and she can RIP, her family can properly lay her to rest.

On the other hand, you know you're wishing it's not her, in essence wishing another family pain.

So sad!!!

some local articles (florida)

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/21/4008740/skeletal-remains-found-in-garbage.html

it could also be related to this case:

Skeletal remains were found in a bag along a Volusia County road Thursday, authorities said.
Deputies said the remains were found inside a garbage bag in a wooded area along Oak Street near International Speedway Boulevard, just east of the DeLand city limits.
The man who found the bone, John Jarvis, said he was walking along the road picking up trash.
He said he noticed the bag in the woods where trees had recently been trimmed.
When he picked up the bag to put it in a trash can he had brought, he saw what turned out to be part of a skull.
“It was tearing and you could see just the top of the skull. I couldn't tell it was a skull. So that's when I touched it to see what it was, and it kind of rolled down from the bundle. That's when I realized it was a skull,” Jarvis said.
Crime scene tape is closing up about half a block.
Deputies said it's still too early to make any kind of connection to the Luis Toledo murder case.
Toledo is accused of killing his wife Yessenia Suarez and her two young children late last year.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/skeletal-remains-found-deland-roadway/nfHQz/

I hate to say this but I feel like garbage bags are exactly what TM would use. I think this was how she viewed HE :(

Can someone map it off I-95? I'm trying but Google Maps/Earth keeps shutting down my iPad :banghead:

A police report obtained by Waccamaw Publishers says that a man, 63, of DeLand found human remains in a garbage bag on the side of the road at the intersection of Oak Street and International Speedway Boulevard, which is close to the I-95 and I-4 interchange.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/article_69451368-b12b-11e3-9352-0017a43b2370.html

here are a few more details

Deland is located on I-4 which is the most direct route to Orlando from I-95. I've driven through there several times to and from Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member