CA - Children found starved/chained, look like concentration camp victims

Sonya610

Former Member
Reaction score
charges660.jpg

The boys are 3 and 5 years old, and the girl is 8, authorities said, and they all exhibited bruises and signs of other physical as well as emotional abuse.

The girl, who appeared to have suffered the most extreme abuse, was chained to the floor to prevent her from getting any food, they said.

"It seems that the little girl was the major target of this abuse," Miller continued, adding that she looked "like a concentration camp victim."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/2...o-floor-in-california-home/?intcmp=latestnews

Sadly two of these kids were adopted.

One of two women accused of starving, chaining and abusing three children in Monterey County is a former correctional officer, while the other was a businesswoman and counselor at clinics in California and New Mexico, according to their online professional profiles and court filings.

Posting as Cristian Deanda-Craig on LinkedIn.Com, Deanda wrote about her cactus nursery in New Mexico: "I am currently in a place that makes me happy both personally and professionally. I left me (sic) job to be home with my kids. I loved gardening and soon found myself selling flowers to neighbors. So my partner and I started our business — the best decision ever! I enjoy watching my kids grow and my flowers!"

Under previous jobs, she lists work as an HIV prevention case manager at John XXIII AIDS Ministry in Salinas from 2001-04, and later as a psychosocial therapy manager at Valencia Counseling Services in Estancia, N.M.

Deanda was a program manager at a transitional housing facility for men in Gallup, N.M., according to the profile.

Public records show she lived in Castroville and Salinas as well as New Mexico.

Deanda and Craig were scheduled to be married March 29, according to an online gift registry.

http://www.montereyherald.com/news/ci_25393428/starving-children-found-salinas-home

And bail is shockingly only $50,000 dollars each.

That's pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were arraigned in Monterey County Court on Tuesday and are being held at Monterey County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail each, although Miller said late Friday officers were in court asking for the bail amounts to be raised.

Deanda and Craig are scheduled for a preliminary hearing on March 28.

http://www.montereyherald.com/news/ci_25393428/starving-children-found-salinas-home
Are you kidding me? Bail@ 50k? Please MCDA raise the bail, and revoke parental rights immediately.

Jerice Hunter was charged with child abuse in California. She spent three to four years in prison, paroled, and moved to AZ. Her Mother gave her back three children she had legal custody of. Jerice then regained of Jhessye, who she had given to family members to raise before going to prison. Within a year, Jhessye was dead. She has a thread in currently waiting for trial.

These cases make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh....and this is why I believe that some people are just evil. No amount of help can fix evil.

And bail is shockingly only $50,000 dollars each.

That's pathetic!

Bail is usually dependent on their resources. It is unlikely either can get a hold of $5,000.00. If they could, bail would likely be higher.

What horrible people. Think about what it took for them to do what they did- the planning involved. They actually screwed chains into the wall.

And how were they going to explain their kids' condition at the wedding?

And why do people get off on having their own little torture chambers at home? How do they morph into that? How do two such people find each other? How do they sleep at night with the knowledge that a little, starving, suffering person is dying in their living room?

Bail is usually dependent on their resources. It is unlikely either can get a hold of $5,000.00. If they could, bail would likely be higher.

What horrible people. Think about what it took for them to do what they did- the planning involved. They actually screwed chains into the wall.

And how were they going to explain their kids' condition at the wedding?

And why do people get off on having their own little torture chambers at home? How do they morph into that? How do two such people find each other? How do they sleep at night with the knowledge that a little, starving, suffering person is dying in their living room?

Not to make light of a bizarre situation, but the Walmart toe sucker's bail was set @50k
http://m.washingtonpost.com/news/mo...man-charged-in-walmart-toe-sucking/?tid=hp_mm

http://www.thecalifornian.com/artic...80048/Bail-increased-500-000-child-abuse-case

Monterey County Superior Court Judge Pamela Butler increased bail to $500,000 apiece Friday for two Salinas women accused in what prosecutors have called “the most extreme case of child abuse” they’ve ever seen.

Eraca Dawn Craig, 31, and Christian Jessica Deanda, 44, reacted minimally when Butler agreed that additional charges filed in the case had changed the legal circumstances.

snipped

Craig and Deanda will next be in court on April 23

snipped

the felony charges have been filed in regards to the girl who investigators found with only 40 pounds on her 8-year-old body. She was frequently chained to a wall to keep her from eating, according to a search warrant of the house.

I hope the children were saved early enough that the horrible physical and psychological damage can be healed. I know that there will be remnants for their lifetimes. Where will they go? Who will raise them? They won't keep them with the prisoner's families will they?

Sad. Reading through the search warrant, my guess is the girl had behavior or mental illness problems to begin with, and these two had no idea how to deal with a difficult child. I would bet the two boys have a good shot at being rehabbed and living a normal life; I would doubt the girl has that chance. We don't know what caused her to be adopted in childhood, what her earliest experiences were, but I would guess when she came into that home she was already damaged.

Glad they upped the bail so those two won't escape trial.

Sad. Reading through the search warrant, my guess is the girl had behavior or mental illness problems to begin with, and these two had no idea how to deal with a difficult child.

Yeah, the probably cause section of the search warrant was pretty amazing (page 18).

Do you know how old she was when she was adopted? I wonder if she was fostered for a while first of the adoption happened fairly fast and they didn't realize the extent of her mental problems?

This is not rocket science, it's actually pretty straight forward.
Kids don't come with mental, physical or behavioral health guarantees.

If you don't want a child with issues then don't have children.
If you don't want a child with issues then DEFINITELY don't adopt an older child.
Clearly a child from foster care has not led the most charming life and may have issues.

If you are not prepared to help them work through that and LOVE them... and FEED them...
Then DON'T adopt them! I just don't think it's that complicated. :banghead:

People make me so angry, I can't even begin to understand this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back