Cryptic Notes left in library books at U.W.O.

There is a URL on the back of the notes which leads to a blog labeled DBW STack that is EMPTY, except for a visitor counter, which looks like this currently:

Visitors counter
<DL class="firstBlock lastBlock"><DT class=viewsTotal>Page views total:</DT><DD class=viewsTotal>5277
</DD><DT class=viewsToday>Page views today:</DT><DD class=viewsToday>359
</DD><DT class=visitorsTotal>Visitors total:</DT><DD class=visitorsTotal>2783
</DD><DT class=visitorsToday>Visitors today:</DT><DD class=visitorsToday>247</DD></DL>
The URL reads 000 (the #'s) xyz (the letters) [dot] blog [dot] ca

I won't link to the EMPTY blog here.

There is a URL on the back of the notes which leads to a blog labeled DBW STack that is EMPTY, except for a visitor counter, which looks like this currently:

Visitors counter
<DL class="firstBlock lastBlock"><DT class=viewsTotal>Page views total:</DT><DD class=viewsTotal>5277
</DD><DT class=viewsToday>Page views today:</DT><DD class=viewsToday>359
</DD><DT class=visitorsTotal>Visitors total:</DT><DD class=visitorsTotal>2783
</DD><DT class=visitorsToday>Visitors today:</DT><DD class=visitorsToday>247</DD></DL>
The URL reads 000 (the #'s) xyz (the letters) [dot] blog [dot] ca

I won't link to the EMPTY blog here.

FWIW... When I first clicked on the link to: 000xyz.blog.ca, Google offered to translate this page from "Catalan" to English.

This is a bit addicting... I keep googling pictograms :)

I saw someone in the comments section of one of the articles suggest that the colour laser printer paper itself can contain hidden messages.

That would mean all the pseudo-wingdings, the images, the tokens, all of it is red herrings. Why put all of that work into deflecting?

Also, this person has been leaving these for a year or more?! That's perserverance. I've got my money on someone who works or studies (a lot) in the library and can watch for reactions of those that find the notes.

I can't decide if this is an ominous warning about our deteriorating planet or a social experiment or just some creepy person's idea of fun.

I'm lazy, I have no idea and won't waste a minute pondering the possibilities.
I'll just click for updates here:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I don't think the characters stand for letters. First, there are more than 26 different characters. If they each stood for a letter, what would be the point of having more than the letters of the alphabet? Second, in the first two rows, there are almost 20 different characters before one repeats. In common language, vowels and popular consonants would repeat before that number. Unless the person was trying to say "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Well, I don't think the characters stand for letters. First, there are more than 26 different characters. If they each stood for a letter, what would be the point of having more than the letters of the alphabet? Second, in the first two rows, there are almost 20 different characters before one repeats. In common language, vowels and popular consonants would repeat before that number. Unless the person was trying to say "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

what if it's a different language with a different alphabet?

It's obviously written in Canadian.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

The main question not answered is who would do this; so elaborate and why. Everyone now has gone on a wingding lets decode the msg hunt. Maybe it's an issue that LE has NOT done any DNA or any fingerprinting to discover the WHO in this. WHO is doing this and when and why. Those are the questions, not deciphering the code. Obviously it's not a very difficult code, usual every day things are used like arrows apples clovers etc. Very....simple.
the real question is this a marketing scam? One simple google search leads to a page that made me think twice about all of this.
A few emails to the Professor who so wants to know....and will pay to know....isn't willing to pay much and he must be involved.
IOW I think this is a huge scam, and whoever is the perp of said scam should be the hunt. Who is leaving the papers, why and when. It must be after hours, or they would be noticed, one would think; since it's always on that floor, WB STACK. 3rd floor.

Also WB STack can be an algorithm of some kind due to PC coding.
maybe it's major hacking. I DK. But still the QUESTION should be WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE HOW AND WHY. And so far everyone is just buying into this...instead of trying to uncover who did this. What about CCTV cameras inside the library? Sheesh.

1297536113898_ORIGINAL.jpg

The main question not answered is who would do this; so elaborate and why. Everyone now has gone on a wingding lets decode the msg hunt. Maybe it's an issue that LE has NOT done any DNA or any fingerprinting to discover the WHO in this. WHO is doing this and when and why. Those are the questions, not deciphering the code. Obviously it's not a very difficult code, usual every day things are used like arrows apples clovers etc. Very....simple.
the real question is this a marketing scam? One simple google search leads to a page that made me think twice about all of this.
A few emails to the Professor who so wants to know....and will pay to know....isn't willing to pay much and he must be involved.
IOW I think this is a huge scam, and whoever is the perp of said scam should be the hunt. Who is leaving the papers, why and when. It must be after hours, or they would be noticed, one would think; since it's always on that floor, WB STACK. 3rd floor.

Also WB STack can be an algorithm of some kind due to PC coding.
maybe it's major hacking. I DK. But still the QUESTION should be WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE HOW AND WHY. And so far everyone is just buying into this...instead of trying to uncover who did this. What about CCTV cameras inside the library? Sheesh.

the police aren't involved since no crime has been committed

the code is not as easy as it looks - experts can't decipher it according to the MSM article which is why they're now trying to get it out to the general public

if you go to the prof's page, he and others are trying to discover the answers to the what & why etc. - that's the whole reason for his blogging about the notes since he's been in possession of some of them long before he ever blogged about it and once he did, others started coming forward with more notes

marketing ploy? possibly ... \\ art statement? maybe ... //

scam? I don't see it yet

I think Professor Plum did it in the Library with a Fish hook.:takeabow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member