PA - Five teenage girls in custody for brick attack on Temple Univ. student

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
The student required surgery for fractured teeth. She was hit in the face with a brick. A female "flash mob" descended on the campus and there are reports of other attacks as well.

<modsnip>

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dncrime/Cops-5-in-custody-for-Temple-attacks.html

032114-TEMPLEASSAULT.jpg

There have been at least two other attacks, one of which happened across the street from a police station in the same neighborhood about fifteen minutes before the brick attack.

Neither the Philadelphia Police, nor the Temple University Police, nor the Temple University itself seems to care very much.

Read the article and be sure to watch the video report, it has even more information!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...sity-student-brick-beatdown-article-1.1733838

Temple University student attacked by gang of teens before they beat another with brick
The 20-year-old woman said she was attacked by the group before they beat a 19-year-old student in the face with a brick near the campus on Friday. Five juveniles were reportedly taken into custody Tuesday in connection to the attacks.
BY NINA GOLGOWSKI , JOE KEMP NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Published: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 11:34 AM Updated: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 4:50 PM

at the beginning of the video whent hey're walking down the sidewalk, it looks to me like one of them grabs someone's bag/purse

nasty mob mentality

There were also multiple attacks in Louisville last weekend, with more than 200 "youths" rampaging through the streets.

Philadelphia has an unfortunate history of these "flash mobs". Our dear, missing Filly started a thread or two about them.

Three of the girls will be charged as adults. Serious charges, including aggravated assault, conspiracy, and terroristic threats.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140326_Temple_says_brick_assault_part_of_a_crime_wave.html

The District Attorney's office will charge three teenage girls as adults in connection with several assaults on Temple students that took place Friday.

Najee Bilaal, 16, Zaria Estes, 15, and Kanesha Gainey, 15, have already been arraigned, D.A. spokeswoman Tasha Jamerson said. Estes and Bilaal are being held on a $100,000 bail, and Gainey's bail was set at $75,000.

There were also multiple attacks in Louisville last weekend, with more than 200 "youths" rampaging through the streets.

Philadelphia has an unfortunate history of these "flash mobs". Our dear, missing Filly started a thread or two about them.

Has anyone heard from Filly? I've tried contacting her with no luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be charged with a hate crime.

Should be charged with a hate crime.

I think being charged with terrorism is pretty darn close. Not sure what the differences are, except that terrorism would encompass much more.

Salem

I think being charged with terrorism is pretty darn close. Not sure what the differences are, except that terrorism would encompass much more.

Salem

I totally agree it is terrorism.
I am terrified to go into the city of Philadelphia anymore because of senseless acts of random violence just like this one.

Has anyone heard from Filly? I've tried contacting her with no luck!

I don't want to, but I'm thinking the worst.

There's a thread somewhere about her.

Salem

Not at all. In Pennsylvania a terrorist threat is basically scaring someone. Its usually a misdemeanor. Hardly a serious crime. Most often used to recover the cost of evacuating buildings after a threat.

What a pity these girls felt they could roam the streets attacking random strangers. More masculine than feminine behavior. Very scary! Jmo

ciao

all 3 are at Riverside Correctional Facility, not Youth Study, I assume they are being charged as adults. One already had a bench warrant, some inactive cases. I will never get how someone can be that young and have a rap sheet already.

Well isn't this just insane.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

all 3 are at Riverside Correctional Facility, not Youth Study, I assume they are being charged as adults. One already had a bench warrant, some inactive cases. I will never get how someone can be that young and have a rap sheet already.

You've never been to Philadelphia, have you?;)

Knockout game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Knockout game. Some conservatives want to make it a hate crime because there are usually racial overtones involved. This game has been going on in many cities for some time but has been underreported because of the sensitive racial implications. The media feels free to sensationalize certain crimes involving race but not others.

The OP made me immediately wonder what dear Ms. filly would have to say about this case. Miss you filly.

Sounds like what is called wylding around these parts. A group of youths converge and the mob mentality allows things to amp up and escalate very very quickly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back