Identified! LA - Mandeville, WhtMale, ~50, hanged from tree, Apr'06 - Identity unknown

astridxx

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1067umla.html

1067UMLA.jpg

Unidentified Male

The victim was discovered on April 8, 2006 near Mandeville, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana

Estimated Date of Death: Estimated Date of Death: Between 8-12 months (April - August 2005); before Hurricane Katrina
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, graying hair.
Dentals: No teeth
Clothing: He was wearing a Scooby-Doo t-shirt, jeans with cuffs, a red bandanna and white L.A. Gear sneakers.
Fingerprints: Not available

Case History

The victim was located on April 8, 2006 in the woods along Lotus Road off Louisiana 59, near Mandeville, Louisiana.

Authorities did not publicize the death at the time because it appeared to be a suicide. A nylon rope hanging from a tree was tied around the man's neck, which had been broken by the apparent hanging.

He was likely homeless or a loner, with few, if any, ties to the area.

Crap can someone put 2006 in the headline?

Wow, I never heard of this case so i assume it was lost in the aftermath of Katrina, when bodies were still being found many, many months after.

I would have paid attention to it because I grew up in Mandeville and it was such a lovely place (this way long ago when it was still just a charming small town, before those "New Orleans transplants" (as Daddy called them) moved there and changed the town into a crowded city with all of the horrors of city life.

I live off of hwy 59... I have never heard of this man!

It's a terrible rendition -- poor guy looks like Gollum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Namus MP #2390

Robert Smithie Seward
Missing From: Pottsville, Schuylkill County, PA

Height is noted as 65.0-69.0 inches, so a little taller than the UID.
Age is given as a range, 30-44.

Here's his information from the PA missing persons website.

131_Seward,_Robert_3.jpg

Robert Seward
Missing from Pottsville, Schuylkill County since September 21, 2003

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: November 1, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35
Estimated Height: 5'6"
Estimated Weight: 120 lbs, slim build
Hair Color: light brown/dark blonde
Eye Color: blue
Distinguishing Characteristics: 2 moles, one each on either side of his mouth. Left ear is pierced.
Dentals: many missing teeth
Nickname: "Uncle Dude"
Other: does not own a car

Case Details
Robert was last heard from several weeks before his birthday in 2003. He called a family member from Pennsylvania and said that someone was after him and was going to kill him. The family member advised Robert to notify the police but there is nothing to indicate that Robert ever did. Subsequent attempts to contact Robert have been unsuccessful. A missing persons report was filed with the San Jacinto County (TX) Sheriff's Department by one of Robert's brothers, who is a resident of San Jacinto. No report has been filed with Pennsylvania law enforcement.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:

San Jacinto County Sheriff's Department
936-653-5367

http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/sewardrobert.html

Attachments

• OULpa82.jpg
    OULpa82.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 21
Good find Bessie! I'll have to see if the UID has a namus page

Lotus Rd is a pretty populated looking road, though half of Lotus Rd "EXD" (extended?) is heavily wooded...

2qnuxi0.jpg

Everything highlighted in red is Lotus Rd.

Maybe not in 06. But the wooded areas look really thick along the western part of the road.

Maybe not in 06. But the wooded areas look really thick along the western part of the road.

You can do street view on Google Maps and I stand corrected -- it is heavily wooded. I looked up some of the homes along that street on Zillow, and if I'm reading it correctly it looks like the one all the way at the hooked Lotus Rd was built in Jan 2008. Heck -- if I'm reading it right ALL houses were built 2007/8!

You can do street view on Google Maps and I stand corrected -- it is heavily wooded. I looked up some of the homes along that street on Zillow, and if I'm reading it correctly it looks like the one all the way at the hooked Lotus Rd was built in Jan 2008. Heck -- if I'm reading it right ALL houses were built 2007/8!

:)

I have a friend that lives on clover. I'm gonna text her and ask her if she remembers this. She has lived over there a few years. I'm at work til 6 will update tonight. Crazy my work is only about 2 miles from there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back