MA -Boston - At Least Two Firefighters Injured In 9-Alarm Blaze On Beacon Street

It's got to be a really difficult fire to fight. The winds here today are really blowing due to the storm that came through. All the way out to far western Mass there are wind warnings.

Thoughts are with all the firefighters. :rose:

Firefighters hurt, 1 seriously, in 9-alarm Boston blaze
Firefighter makes mayday call from basement

BOSTON —At least eight people, including several firefighters, were taken to local hospitals Wednesday after a nine-alarm fire broke out in a Boston brownstone on Beacon Street.

The fire broke out in the basement of 298 Beacon St. and quickly grew to a nine-alarm blaze. A firefighter in the basement made a mayday call.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/firefighter-trapped-in-basement-in-boston-blaze/25177578#ixzz2x6TYSMqm

They just announced one firefighter has died. On channel 5, Boston tv.

Oh, God, two firefighters have died! same tv program.

Wow, awful. RIP, brave souls :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two firefighters killed in Back Bay blaze

“We lost two heroes here today,” said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh.

Lt. Edward J. Walsh, 43, of West Roxbury, and Firefighter Michael Kennedy, 33, of Hyde Park were killed in the fast-moving blaze, officials said at a news conference.

“Today’s a sad day in the history of the Boston Fire Department,” said Fire Commissioner John Hasson. “Our hearts go out to the families. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them.”

more at link ............. http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...et-back-bay/RopoEtQsZ0bgRXwBhggqQI/story.html

I live an hour north of Boston. I also work with a lot of 1st responders. They are heart broken.

Politics were also brought up, as so many tax payers these days complain about how much (really little) 1st responders make, but they are there to put their life on the line for fellow human beings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back