Teacher berates naughty students, essay style

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A public school teacher fed up with his students' behavior found a way to berate them in the context of a class assignment. The Jefferson Parish teacher wrote and distributed a two-page essay to his fourth-grade students saying he hated his job, blasting the children's "animal" behavior, and even identifying some of them by name.

Titled "I Wonder Why?" the essay ended with an assignment for each student to write a 200-word essay on how the teacher should treat them.

"Make sure you tell me why I need to treat you a certain way," the assignment reads. "I want to make sure that I no longer cheat and act unfairly."

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0526teacher-essay26-ON.html

From the link:

The Jefferson Parish public school system refused to provide details, including the teacher's name. "It's a personnel issue," school system spokesman Jeff Nowakowski said.

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

"Personal issue"???? The dude gets paid with public tax dollars and insulted children by name. I think he made it a "public" issue and I hope he's fired immediately. My child certainly wouldn't be returning to his class.

Sounds to me like this teacher is about to have some emotional break.

In florida all records pertaining to a teacher are public..

Jeana (DP) said:
From the link:

The Jefferson Parish public school system refused to provide details, including the teacher's name. "It's a personnel issue," school system spokesman Jeff Nowakowski said.

:waitasec: :waitasec: :waitasec:

"Personal issue"???? The dude gets paid with public tax dollars and insulted children by name. I think he made it a "public" issue and I hope he's fired immediately. My child certainly wouldn't be returning to his class.
Mine either! When my kids were in elementary school, I always hand picked their teachers. But in middle and high school, that becomes nearly impossible. Especially in our middle school; they practice team teaching. I really like most of the teachers on my daughter's team (they are placed in a team according to their grades. I feel this is wrong as those without good grades are all stuck together and I wonder how they are expected to grow!). But there is one teacher that I have actually resorted to encouraging my daughter and any others she can get to, to take notes on her behavior each day. She is mean and hated. The school claims they can't fire her as she is on........ahh, I can't remember what it is called, but like a CONTRACT for ten years and she has only worked four of them. So at the end of the year, when she can't be any worse to my daughter, we are taking all these notes and kids and going to the school board. If they refuse to do anything, we are mailing them into our local newspapers. I think these awful teachers need removed! I can't imagine the District putting up with this man ruining their little self-esteems. Poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back