LISK Q & A Thread **NO DISCUSSION**

Q. Will this forum ever be opened back up for public viewing without having to be signed in?
It's very doubtful that would ever happen. Once a forum is private, it stays private.

Thanks for the question.

Was the barbie doll found with the bodies or placed on the pkwy at a later date?

When exactly did the Suffolk Co. police initiate the search for Shannan Gilbert?

What exactly prompted Suffolk Co. police to start searching for Shannan Gilbert? (For example, was it pressure from her family, was it that the SCPD finally became aware of her missing persons report from Jersey City, or something else?)

In which order were remains of the GB4 women found?

M. Barthelemy 12/11/10, the other 3 on 12/13/10, in order of Costello, Brainard-Barnes, Waterman--they were laid out 4,2,1,3(order of missing) (Costello, Barthelemy, Brainard-Barnes, Waterman)--- left hander...?

Thank You! We just got back from filming a week in Long Island. It's so helpful to have websleuths answer questions for us while in field. You guys know this case better than us and we appreciate your help!

Criminal Minds, can you explain why the way LISK laid out the women leads you to believe he is left handed?

-Rachel & Josh

When exactly did the Suffolk Co. police initiate the search for Shannan Gilbert?

Per Gus Coletti, Maxim article:

"As Coletti recalls, the police arrived later that morning for a cursory checkup, but it was months before they took up the search in earnest. "It wasn't until the middle of August that a detective from missing persons knocked on my door and said,
"We're looking for Shannan Gilbert, and we would like to know from you what she was wearing,'" says Coletti. "So I told them all I knew, and then I asked, 'Why four months later?'"

http://www.maxim.com/none/article/long-island-murder-mystery

Additional info from an archived Newsday report:

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/missing-woman-s-kin-cop-response-not-quick-1.2546076

From news reports I've read, I'm of the opinion it was not until Shannan Gilbert's phone records verified her call to 911 that LE began an actual search. I believe only law enforcement knows how much time passed before this happened.

Thank You! We just got back from filming a week in Long Island. It's so helpful to have websleuths answer questions for us while in field. You guys know this case better than us and we appreciate your help!

Criminal Minds, can you explain why the way LISK laid out the women leads you to believe he is left handed?

-Rachel & Josh

--IMVHO(and an unscientific hunch/observation), the way the bodies were laid out follows the brains subconscious natural selection(but might just be PURE coincidence). Meaning: Let's say you are sitting at an empty coffee table--If i hand you a cup or pencil(or whatever), and have you place it directly in front of you onto the table(then you do it), then hand you another of the same item and ask you to place it on the table, you will MOST likely place it to the side of your dominant hand(the one you would perform MOST of your primary single-handed activities with especially your writing hand(ambidextrous throws a wrench in it, or weird people like me because i write lefty but almost everything else is right handed, so a form of ambi). Giving you a third, would MOST likely cause your brain to make you place it to the opposite side of the first item that you placed the second item to "balance" out the three items(one the right, and one to the left) of the first item. And then the fourth item would go back to the side of the first item that you placed the second item, right next to it.. 4,2,1,3 for a left-hander(3,1,2,4 righty)... I say MOST on these scenarios because that's the most occurring outcome, but not ALWAYS the way it will go down. A few years back when the layout of the bodies was revealed. i tried this test with several of my friends, work colleagues, and teammates, and asked them not to think just react when doing it. This eliminates the person trying to come up with a variation they normally wouldn't do just because they might think it's a "trick" question, or that there is a true "right" or "wrong" answer i was looking to get(normal reaction for people to think they are being tricked/fooled/setup)..This resulted in every left but one going 4,2,1,3(the one differing did it as 4,3,2,1)...A few of the righties had varying outcomes, and the ambis primary went the right handed layout outcome...Purely unscientific but interesting nonetheless

You would think that the author of that article, Joe Coscarelli, would at a minimum relay a message for you to the admin of the defunct site.

Thanks topratedsleuth. We've reached out to the author. No longer at VV and no access to contacts from article. Good thinking though!

We're still looking. Thanks

Two questions:

1) Does anyone have any archival media about the case? We're looking for things such as archival video, photos, stories, things like that.

2) Does anyone live in LI currently?

Thanks,
Rachel and Josh

Hello! Does anyone have a screen shot of the Anne Marie Fahey memorial page on Facebook that includes posts from the fake profiles of the AC and GB4 victims?

The page is referenced and linked to in a Village Voice article from 2011 (link to article below), but the Facebook page is no longer viewable (i.e., this is the message that appears on Facebook when I try to open it "This content is currently unavailable. The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.")

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/lo...ity-women-all-on-facebook-after-death-6689001

More generally, anyone know whether there is a way to view old Facebook pages that no longer exist? We know of Internet Archive's Wayback Machine for webpages, but is there anything else? Thank you!

Two questions:

1) Does anyone have any archival media about the case? We're looking for things such as archival video, photos, stories, things like that.

2) Does anyone live in LI currently?

Thanks,
Rachel and Josh

1) Amandarekonwith compiles THE most comprehensive, largest media video, photos and snapshots from stories on this site that I have ever seen.

Here is the link to her photobucket on this case. You might want to verify that is the only bucket. 38 pages of stuff that I can see

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...Beach Long Island Murders -NY-?sort=6&page=1

2) WS thread here for members who live in Long Island (LISK related)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?164768-Q-amp-A-for-LI-Locals&p=11842804#post11842804

Looking for any info (name/ contact) on the admin/owner (domain history) of the infamous "longislandserialkiller.com" site - which is now defunct.

Here's a link to an article about the site.

-Rachel & Josh

According to a post on https://mm7vslisk.wordpress.com/contact-mysterymom7/comment-page-1/

Cheryl says: March 24, 2013 at 9:13 am
Admin’s name is Adam Steinhauser. He lives in Islip NY. It’s an engine that finds site owners and info.
Google: Adam J. Steinhauser. Long Island NY. What comes up is his name and LISK on PeekYou. This is a web owner search engine Click PeekYou. He is 37 yrs. old. There is also a pic

You will be able to confirm this by contacting him on his website. http://www.logicwebmedia.com/contact-us/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back