Elderly woman and granddaughter being terrorized by hacker through cable box.

so creepy! that !@#$%^&*!

I've read about people remotely taking over computers and using the webcam to spy on people, also typing appearing on a person's computer screen, and then there's the creeps that hack into baby monitoring systems and kid's game systems and doing similar things.

I wonder if the grandmother got video of it happening. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of someone in the house doing it - like hiding in the walls or even just a family member who's a psycho.

The comments under the first linked story are interesting. I have no idea if they are accurate.

It sounds like an inside job to me. And that makes it even creepier to me.

The comments under the first linked story are interesting. I have no idea if they are accurate.

I agree with the comment about someone getting control of a webcam in the house and then the cable box. Every electronic device in our house, laptops, PCs and tablets, have a sticker over the webcam that can be removed when needed; access to webcam is at our choice and not a hacker.

This GQ article will give some insight, scary insight, about hacker capabilities.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201201/luis-mijangos-hacker-webcam-virus-internet

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back