GUILTY DE - Robert Richards for raping 3yo daughter, Greenville, 2009

He's not being punished because he might not fare well?

WTH?!

treatment won't help him

it won't be long before he convinces a mother somewhere to give him access to her child and his money will probably help convince her

I wonder if there were no physical injuries (remember rape doesn't necessarily mean penile penetration) and the children changed stories or were unable to repeat the info properly for a trial and this was the best they could do. It is always a problem when little ones testify, some aren't even qualified as witnesses.

jmo

He's not being punished because he might not fare well?

WTH?!

This quote from the article is dead on...
Delaware Public Defender Brendan J. O'Neill told The News Journal that it was "extremely rare" for an individual to fare well in prison.

One thing that's always bothered me though, in a lot of cases the perp doesn't get jail time when the victim is his own child. My half brother molested 3 of his 4 kids and didn't serve a day in jail. Probation & counseling.

There must be more to this story. Maybe there was something with the testimony, as Silky mentioned. It simply boggles the mind.

I've worked on cases involving child *advertiser censored*, where the defendant would not be suited to prison because of physical or mental infirmities, and where treatment really is needed. I've worked on cases where the defendant was very well connected and/or well off. I've not, in the past three years, seen any case where the defendant received no jail time in these types of circumstances. Even when defendants legitimately needed treatment, that treatment was provided through RDAP or other prison programs during incarceration, not in lieu of incarceration.

I have seen, in some cases that were built around witness testimony, the case fall apart and being plead to a lesser charge, because children sometimes have such a hard time, and doubly so when they are the victim. I have to think that must have played a part in this matter. This is so far out of the norm that I've experienced - even the "defendant-friendly" judges I'm familiar with wouldn't be this lenient. There's more to this story that hasn't come out yet.

IMO, yes.

This is outrageous! Where is the justice for the 2 children he raped? His 3 year old daughter and toddler son!

Attorney General Beau Biden (Joe Biden's son BTW) originally indicted the defendant on 2 counts of child rape...

Then lets him plea guilty to a lesser charge? No prison time??? What is going on in Delaware?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-judge-says-du-pont-heir-wont-fare-well-in-prison/#postComments

This isn't the first time the DuPonts have been involved in shady stuff; http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-09-18/news/1998261062_1_du-pont-family-moseley-john-du

The main crime mentioned here finished with nobody being charged of anything, IIRC. There was a Dateline or some show like that about that case.

I don't think it had anything to do with the duponts and everything to do with a bad judge.

I wonder if there were no physical injuries (remember rape doesn't necessarily mean penile penetration) and the children changed stories or were unable to repeat the info properly for a trial and this was the best they could do. It is always a problem when little ones testify, some aren't even qualified as witnesses.

jmo

He's not being punished because he might not fare well. :banghead:

It helps to be in the DuPont family??

Most likely a very big donor to the same party the AG Biden is a member of. This should be investigated but won't be. That judge should be tossed off the bench. No one fares well in prison.:banghead: Maybe this creep will go after the wrong child and wind up with a few bullets between the eyes . I can imagine his number of victims, I would bet my house it is a lot more then 2 !

DuPont name combined with a very stupid judge. JMO

he's not supposed to "Fare well"

This is not summer camp, this is prison FGS! You aren't supposed to enjoy it.

:burn:

Most likely a very big donor to the same party the AG Biden is a member of. This should be investigated but won't be. That judge should be tossed off the bench. No one fares well in prison.:banghead: Maybe this creep will go after the wrong child and wind up with a few bullets between the eyes . I can imagine his number of victims, I would bet my house it is a lot more then 2 !

The Du Pont Role in the American Liberty League
(excerpt from Dupont Dynasty)

By Gerard Colby

The main vehicle the Du Ponts used for control over the Republican Party was their American Liberty League. Most of the League's 1935 Congressional program was incorporated into the 1936 Republican platform.

http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/53/dupont-all.html

OMG.......:banghead:

Just read this......I think you should change the title to "Dupont Heir" instead of "Delaware Man". He raped his own toddler!!!.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/justice/delaware-du-pont-rape-case/

"The documents were never sealed, yet the ruling managed to go unnoticed until March, when Richards' former wife, Tracy Richards, filed a lawsuit in Delaware Superior Court on behalf of their children alleging "personal injuries arising from the childhood sexual abuse." The 11-page suit alleges that not only was their daughter abused, but Richards abused their son, too. The suit seeks unspecified monetary damages".

Of course, he got out of prison because he wouldn't fare well because he is from a rich, powerful, and connected family. I am not sure how anyone could deny it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back