TX TX - Curtis Don Brown aka Bandit, Fort Worth, 1984-1986

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Curtis Don Brown, a 46-year-old career criminal, was charged Wednesday with capital murder in the 1985 death of Terece Gregory, who disappeared after leaving a popular nightspot where she worked as a waitress. Police said she was sexually assaulted, shot once in the face and then dumped in the Trinity River.

Curtis Don Brown Lt. Dean Sullivan, a Fort Worth police spokesman, said that Mr. Brown's DNA is being compared to evidence collected in 15 other unsolved killings in 1984-86.

"He is a person of interest until we can eliminate him," Lt. Sullivan said.

Mr. Brown was convicted of capital murder in 1986 bludgeoning death of Jewel Woods, a 51-year-old nurse, while he was awaiting trial on an unrelated burglary charge.

In January, Fort Worth police received a possible match from the FBI's Combined DNA Index System. By May, authorities said that the match between Mr. Brown and evidence found on Ms. Gregory's body was a certainly, and detectives interviewed their suspect at the Wayne Scott Unit in Angleton.

Lt. Billy Cordell said that the department's cold case unit is trying to determine now whether blood, saliva and semen found on the clothes or bodies of the 15 other victims could provide a link to Mr. Brown. He said there are five other victims that detectives have investigated, but there was no DNA evidence available.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/052705dnmetmurders.2b1e1c1c4.html

monkalup said:
Yikes! So glad he's caught! again... :confused: :behindbar

I just hope they are able to resolve some of those other 15 unsolved!

This is the part that stood out for me:

"A task force formed in January 1985 concluded that there wasn't a serial killer responsible for all the deaths. "

Suddenly they are looking into the possibility of a serial killer.

I was kidnapped on January 8th 1984 from my apt. in Irving, TX. I was driven at gunpoint for hours before he took me down a long dirt road in Hutchins, TX with fields on both sides, old bedsprings, trash bags, etc. I believe it was called Lemon Avenue. I don't want to go into detail of what this man did to be on a public website, but it was the most horrific night of my life. After what he had done to me, I knew he had no plans to let me survive. I used my brain and managed to pretend I liked him. I told him a bed would be so much more fun and convinced him to take me to a small motel we had passed not far from the dirt road. He threatened me that "if I was setting him up he would kill me". He said that about 4 times before finally agreeing to go to a motel. I figured he would have to go inside and register and I would make a break for it. When we pulled into the motel in Hutchins, it had a drive thru window. The clerk asked if we wanted an hour or 2 hours. I jumped out of his car screaming bloody murder and running as fast as I could. He took off and chased me in his car, than stopped and ran after me and grabbed me by my hair and my.leg and drug me back to the car yelling "You're my wife and you're coming home with me!". I was screaming over and over "I don't know who the *advertiser censored** you are!! You kidnapped me from Irving and raped me!! I don't know who the *advertiser censored**you are!! and I was begging the men who came out of their rooms to call 911. Nobody did a thing. He continued to hold me by my hair and my leg and started slamming my up against his car over and over screaming "Your my wife and you're coming home with me" and I was screaming for help over and over. The men standing outside their rooms thought I was a *advertiser censored* getting beat up by my pimp. After the attack went on and my.head was bleeding and he wouldn't stop slamming me up against the car, they started yelling for him to stop. Finally the girl in the motel window screamed that she had called the police and they're on their way. He dropped me, got in his car and took off. She hadn't called the police though.. She said she could lose her job if she did because of the type of clients they serve. That she had kids and couldn't lose her job. If her boss even caught me in the office she would get fired. She did allow me to make 1 phonecall to my roomate back in Irving and than I had to get out of the little drive thru office.
(To be continued. Very hard emotionally to relive this night). Thankyou.

Last edited:
I was kidnapped on January 8th 1984 from my apt. in Irving, TX. I was driven at gunpoint for hours before he took me down a long dirt road in Hutchins, TX with fields on both sides, old bedsprings, trash bags, etc. I believe it was called Lemon Avenue. I don't want to go into detail of what this man did to be on a public website, but it was the most horrific night of my life. After what he had done to me, I knew he had no plans to let me survive. I used my brain and managed to pretend I liked him. I told him a bed would be so much more fun and convinced him to take me to a small motel we had passed not far from the dirt road. He threatened me that "if I was setting him up he would kill me". He said that about 4 times before finally agreeing to go to a motel. I figured he would have to go inside and register and I would make a break for it. When we pulled into the motel in Hutchins, it had a drive thru window. The clerk asked if we wanted an hour or 2 hours. I jumped out of his car screaming bloody murder and running as fast as I could. He took off and chased me in his car, than stopped and ran after me and grabbed me by my hair and my.leg and drug me back to the car yelling "You're my wife and you're coming home with me!". I was screaming over and over "I don't know who the *advertiser censored** you are!! You kidnapped me from Irving and raped me!! I don't know who the *advertiser censored**you are!! and I was begging the men who came out of their rooms to call 911. Nobody did a thing. He continued to hold me by my hair and my leg and started slamming my up against his car over and over screaming "Your my wife and you're coming home with me" and I was screaming for help over and over. The men standing outside their rooms thought I was a *advertiser censored* getting beat up by my pimp. After the attack went on and my.head was bleeding and he wouldn't stop slamming me up against the car, they started yelling for him to stop. Finally the girl in the motel window screamed that she had called the police and they're on their way. He dropped me, got in his car and took off. She hadn't called the police though.. She said she could lose her job if she did because of the type of clients they serve. That she had kids and couldn't lose her job. If her boss even caught me in the office she would get fired. She did allow me to make 1 phonecall to my roomate back in Irving and than I had to get out of the little drive thru office.
(To be continued. Very hard emotionally to relive this night). Thankyou.
So so sorry you went through this - wish I had the right words to say to you that would help in some way
Massive hugs to you ♥

So so sorry you went through this - wish I had the right words to say to you that would help in some way
Massive hugs to you ♥
Thankyou so much. I will finish my story because it doesn't end there. I appreciate your support and kind words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back