GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

concerned4kids

Reaction score
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7981643/

Smithfield, N.C. — A 4-year-old girl remained in critical condition Sunday, two days after she was hospitalized for injuries suffered in what Johnston County authorities described as torture.

The girl's mother is at her side at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, said Tammy Amaon, a spokeswoman for the Johnston County Sheriff's Office.

The girl's mother had left her with Jonathan Douglas Richardson, 21, of Old Sanders Road in Smithfield, while she underwent military training.

Thread#1
Thread#2
Thread#3

Thread#4

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 46s
#JonathanRichardson attny Jonathan Broun now giving closing arguments in sentencing phase. Asks for mercy,says LWOP is right punishment

Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG · 1m
#JonathanRichardson defense: "Today we are not asking for forgiveness or leniency ...Instead, today, we're asking for mercy."

This is the part I can't figure out. He took her to the hospital and said she fell out of the bed. He HAD TO KNOW that her injuries were FAR FAR FAR worse than anyone could EVER get falling out of the bed. I know he tried to "escape" from the hospital, so maybe that part didn't hit him until he got there? I just don't understand what he was thinking was going to happen. She was clinging to life, had almost 200 wounds, broken arms, etc and he thought someone was going to buy the "falling off the bed" story? He is indeed a special kind of stupid.

I am very relieved he is that special kind of stupid. He might have gotten away with everything he did if he just made her disappear.

is the video on part I or II???

:doh: I misunderstood you. Do you mean the video of Teghan? I haven't seen it posted yet. WRAL has pt one and pt 2 but those are before the video of Teghan.

What made me ill was what the 2nd PA was impling re:
he bit off chunks of flesh and they searched for them and found no trace.
I think the implication was that he ate them...
I do feel ill...

That's what I thought he was implying...he is truly a sick,sadistic .

Mercy my *advertiser censored**!!! He deserves no more mercy than he gave Teghan. In my opinion the needle is too quick, too merciful for him.

I am very relieved he is that special kind of stupid. He might have gotten away with everything he did if he just made her disappear.

Oh I totally agree... just wondering what HE could have been thinking.

I can't think of a single mitigator. Can anyone think of one?

:doh: I misunderstood you. Do you mean the video of Teghan? I haven't seen it posted yet. WRAL has pt one and pt 2 but those are before the video of Teghan.

Thanks---that was what my question was. I didn't know if there were other parts not posted yet.... :seeya:

Clearly and in my opinion he has the inability to think ahead. Literally the inability to foresee reasonable conclusions like normal people.

I still can not wrap my head around the fact he took her to the hospital,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

Neither can I, Linda. Did he think, as we all have already discussed, that she could actually be "fixed"? If so, he is way more warped & cruel than is imaginable -- did he think he had only hurt her a little? No big deal -- put casts on her arms, stitch up her head, maybe some blood, and a pain pill. She'll be good as new when her mom gets back.

Yes, she was a tuff little girl, but what he did was way beyond just tuff. <smh>

Good thing you blocked out your dogs face......there are some shifty people lurking about :snooty:

:giggle: J/K of course, just tickled me that you mentioned blocking out the dogs face... :seeya:

Damnn I thought that was a horse.

Where was the mercy for Teghan!!?!??!?!?!

I'm agnostic leaning towards atheist. That doesn't mean I don't have a spiritual side to me. But cases like this only reinforce my own type of spirituality. The Earth is my mother, my belief system, more Native American type beliefs. :moo:

I hate it when defense attorneys try to "guilt" jurors. :maddening:

bbm

Neither can I, Linda. Did he think, as we all have already discussed, that she could actually be "fixed"? If so, he is way more warped & cruel than is imaginable -- did he think he had only hurt her a little? No big deal -- put casts on her arms, stitch up her head, maybe some blood, and a pain pill. She'll be good as new when her mom gets back.

Yes, she was a tuff little girl, but what he did was way beyond just tuff. <smh>

IIRC once one of the nurses confronted him--he dashed towards the door. I think he truly felt he could get away with her falling off the bed---

Maybe it could go down along the lines of how Gerard Butler took care of the lethal injection of his wife/daughter's murderer in Law Abiding Citizen...that didn't end quite as gently as JR's may.

I don't think I heard the defense say JR was sorry. I am really disgusted that he is comparing sentencing this waste of air to death and what he did to Teghan is the same "darkness".

Who cares.

ETA: I'm talking to Mr. Defense Attorney talking about how JR will "never be able to let his guard down" if he's sentenced to LWOP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back