Cuss a cop= Free speech?

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
In June 2004, police responded to a report of juveniles spray-painting graffiti on a garage. An officer found the youth and his companion sitting in the back seat of a vehicle and told them to put their hands up.

But the youth's companion let his hands drop. "(Expletive) you!" the youth reportedly told the officer. "He can't keep his arms up -- his arms hurt."

The officer ordered him to stop yelling, but the youth continued shouting after he and his companion were removed from the vehicle, police said.

"You guys are all racists; (expletive) the police," the youth said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050528/NEWS06/505280505

This "right" to free speech is so abused everywhere. You can't even take your kids to the beach without them being bombarded with foul words; often by other kids. Even worse, the parents are free to cuss at their kids. It seems there is little mutual or self respect these days. I can't even stand to have the television on; the words are just gross and disgusting and I don't need them in my house.

The cop told the kid to shut up but the kid continued to yell. I don't think disobeying an officer during an arrest should be considered a first amendment issue.

Mabel said:
The cop told the kid to shut up but the kid continued to yell. I don't think disobeying an officer during an arrest should be considered a first amendment issue.

LOL! Mabel, I love both your signature and your header quote. Too funny!

But of course, free speech is all about protecting the very speech we all despise. Nobody needs to protect the speech we all approve of.

So the kid's arms hurt too badly to hold them up but not too badly to spray paint... LOL, criminals are so ignorant sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back