Identified! FL - St Lucie County - Body in suitcase, May 2005 - Joanne Banks

Shadow205 said:
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news/article/0,2545,TCP_16736_3814850,00.html

ST. LUCIE COUNTY — A Port St. Lucie man made a gruesome discovery Saturday afternoon when he opened a suitcase floating near his boat in a canal seven miles west of Fort Pierce. Inside he found a decomposed body. :eek:
If I remember correctly, this seems to be a dumping site for bodies.
I remember reading serveral stories about bodies being found in this canal!

How gruesome! No wonder that poor man couldn't be reached for comment. He will probably be in bed shaking for the next week! Unfortunately, this body in a suitcase is catching on. We had someone here throw his wife off Deception Pass Bridge in a suitcase. They never have charged him either because it never has surfaced. All they found was a little blood in his house and someone saying they saw him throwing something off the bridge. Police let it be known they knew it was him; hoping to stress him into a confession. These must be some mighty big suitcases!

Sheromom,
I have family on Whidbey - beautiful place!!!! I love it there. My family lives in Clinton and Langley. Deception Pass is an awesome site. Very scarey though, I remember being scared to death standing looking over the edge of the bridge.

sharon25 said:
If I remember correctly, this seems to be a dumping site for bodies.
I remember reading serveral stories about bodies being found in this canal!

There have been a few in that area over the years. It is very isolated pretty much out in the middle of the orange groves. That is the county that I lived in for 20 years. It is also the county where partial remains of John Wlash's son Adam was found.

Must be something in the water in Florida....seems like there is such a rash of killings and crime lately!

Detectives arrested Francis Shevlin, 72, of Fort Pierce, less than 12 hours after her body was discovered, reports show. He was being held without bond Sunday at the St. Lucie County Jail, charged with second-degree murder, Sheriff Ken J. Mascara said.

The clue was Banks' name inscribed in the 18-by-36 suitcase, Mascara said, and a data search that showed a Joanne Surdell Banks lived in St. Lucie County.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...,0,1086905.story?coll=sfla-news-treasurecoast

sharon25 said:
I just went through 23 bugmenot accounts..

It gets darned funny though, you have to admit!

Laughingpinkcat.gif
JovinSheDevilNameTag.gif

Shadow205 said:
There have been a few in that area over the years. It is very isolated pretty much out in the middle of the orange groves. That is the county that I lived in for 20 years. It is also the county where partial remains of John Wlash's son Adam was found.

"partial remains"??? I think Adam was decapitated, wasn't he? But do you know what exactly was found? Did they not find the head also at a later date?

Jovin said:
"partial remains"??? I think Adam was decapitated, wasn't he? But do you know what exactly was found? Did they not find the head also at a later date?
I do not believe Adam's body was ever found, only his head. It always makes me sad to think of him...I was pregnant with my first child at the time he was abducted and murdered. I think it put me on my toes

lady-eowyn said:
I do not believe Adam's body was ever found, only his head. It always makes me sad to think of him...I was pregnant with my first child at the time he was abducted and murdered. I think it put me on my toes

I thought it was just his torso that was found. Dear Lord! What horrible sick animals live in our midst!

God bless John and his family, as I have no idea how you live through something like that for the rest of your life!

Jovintears.gif

mysteriew said:
Detectives arrested Francis Shevlin, 72, of Fort Pierce, less than 12 hours after her body was discovered, reports show. He was being held without bond Sunday at the St. Lucie County Jail, charged with second-degree murder, Sheriff Ken J. Mascara said.

The clue was Banks' name inscribed in the 18-by-36 suitcase, Mascara said, and a data search that showed a Joanne Surdell Banks lived in St. Lucie County.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/treasurecoast/sfl-0529pbody,0,1086905.story?coll=sfla-news-treasurecoast

She was 45...

ewww.. I'm sorry. I know that this poor woman is dead. But I just don't get why woman would do that? She had been assaulted at least two other times
by this guy, but didn't press charges.

Jovin said:
The partial remains that I refered to was the head.

That is so horrible! Just imagine how that family has had to deal with the thoughts of what he did to Adam, and where the rest of his body is.

Life is so cruel sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back