JonBenet's Other Brother

BlueCrab

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The following is a theory based on what evidence is known to us:

JonBenet had two brothers -- Burke, age 9, and half-brother John Andrew, age 20. Fourth-grader Burke, of course, lived at home. JAR lived one mile away on campus at Colorado University, but maintained a bedroom at home.

JonBenet's murder was a sex crime. She had acute injuries to the vagina (inflicted on the night of the crime), and she had chronic injuries to the vagina (inflicted 2 or 3 days prior to the crime). The chronic injuries were verified by a panel of six doctors who analyzed the autopsy report and the microscopic slides of specimens taken during the autopsy.

JAR's blue suitcase found positioned under the basement window contained the blanket from JAR's bed, a pillow case from JAR's bed, a Dr. Seuss book with JAR's name in it, and semen from JAR on the blanket. Fibers from JAR's blanket were on JonBenet.

A breath control erotic asphyxiation device, normally used to enhance orgasms during masturbation, was found wrapped around JonBenet's neck. It had been used to strangle her. Erotic asphyxiation (EA) and autoerotic asphyxiation (AEA) are extremely dangerous methods of masturbation almost exclusively used by male teens and young adults. (EA is with a partner and AEA is by oneself.)

The presence of the EA device on JonBenet strongly suggests a young male adult was involved in this crime. The fact that JonBenet had suffered prior vaginal abuse points toward a family member or a person very close to the family. How else could JonBenet have been sexually abused on different days of the week? And since nylon fibers from the EA device were found in JonBenet's bed, it suggests the device had been used there on a previous day because JonBenet slept with Burke in Burke's room on Christmas Eve night. It appears that an older male may have made the EA device at an earlier date and had likely tutored the children in its use.

John Andrew's alibi is he was in Atlanta at the time of the crime and he has two friends as witnesses, Brad Millard and Chris Stanley, who verify they went to a movie on Christmas night, and they produced the ticket stubs as evidence. JAR's mom, Lucinda, also verifies that JAR was home with her on the 24th and 25th and left on a flight to Minneapolis on the morning of the 26th.

However, Joe Barnhill has said that he saw JAR walking to the house on Christmas day, apparently while the Ramseys were at the White's dinner party. Barnhill later recanted his story about his visual sighting of JAR.

Some sources put JAR in Atlanta on the 23rd, but I think he was in Boulder on the 23rd and had attended the Ramseys Christmas party on that night. I remember seeing a group picture of the attendees and JAR was in the left background of the photo. It was during that party that someone called 911 and hung up. When the police called back they got a voice message, so they sent a cop to the Ramseys house. Susan Stine reportedly refused to open the door and got rid of the cop by telling him through the door that everything was okay.

To place JAR in Boulder on Christmas day would mean that JAR's three witnesses in Atlanta were lying. One of the Atlanta friends was a pilot, as was Jeff Ramsey, John's brother. Could JAR have been in Boulder on the 23rd, the 24th, and the 25th, and been flown secretly to Atlanta on Christmas night in one of John Ramsey's two airplanes and be ready to be picked up at his friend's house by Melinda and her fiance early on the 26th to catch the flight to Minneapolis?

Were JonBenet and Burke sitting at the breakfast room table late that night, snacking on pineapple and sipping on tea, after the parents had gone to bed, waiting for a preplanned secret visit by JAR?

The intense Ramsey coverup of this crime has to involve a family member, and IMO that has to be either BR or JAR, or both.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:

JonBenet had two brothers -- Burke, age 9, and half-brother John Andrew, age 20. Fourth-grader Burke, of course, lived at home. JAR lived one mile away on campus at Colorado University, but maintained a bedroom at home.

JonBenet's murder was a sex crime. She had acute injuries to the vagina (inflicted on the night of the crime), and she had chronic injuries to the vagina (inflicted 2 or 3 days prior to the crime). The chronic injuries were verified by a panel of six doctors who analyzed the autopsy report and the microscopic slides of specimens taken during the autopsy.

JAR's blue suitcase found positioned under the basement window contained the blanket from JAR's bed, a pillow case from JAR's bed, a Dr. Seuss book with JAR's name in it, and semen from JAR on the blanket. Fibers from JAR's blanket were on JonBenet.

A breath control erotic asphyxiation device, normally used to enhance orgasms during masturbation, was found wrapped around JonBenet's neck. It had been used to strangle her. Erotic asphyxiation (EA) and autoerotic asphyxiation (AEA) are extremely dangerous methods of masturbation almost exclusively used by male teens and young adults. (EA is with a partner and AEA is by oneself.)

The presence of the EA device on JonBenet strongly suggests a young male adult was involved in this crime. The fact that JonBenet had suffered prior vaginal abuse points toward a family member or a person very close to the family. How else could JonBenet have been sexually abused on different days of the week? And since nylon fibers from the EA device were found in JonBenet's bed, it suggests the device had been used there on a previous day because JonBenet slept with Burke in Burke's room on Christmas Eve night. It appears that an older male may have made the EA device at an earlier date and had likely tutored the children in its use.

John Andrew's alibi is he was in Atlanta at the time of the crime and he has two friends as witnesses, Brad Millard and Chris Stanley, who verify they went to a movie on Christmas night, and they produced the ticket stubs as evidence. JAR's mom, Lucinda, also verifies that JAR was home with her on the 24th and 25th and left on a flight to Minneapolis on the morning of the 26th.

However, Joe Barnhill has said that he saw JAR walking to the house on Christmas day, apparently while the Ramseys were at the White's dinner party. Barnhill later recanted his story about his visual sighting of JAR.

Some sources put JAR in Atlanta on the 23rd, but I think he was in Boulder on the 23rd and had attended the Ramseys Christmas party on that night. I remember seeing a group picture of the attendees and JAR was in the left background of the photo. It was during that party that someone called 911 and hung up. When the police called back they got a voice message, so they sent a cop to the Ramseys house. Susan Stine reportedly refused to open the door and got rid of the cop by telling him through the door that everything was okay.

To place JAR in Boulder on Christmas day would mean that JAR's three witnesses in Atlanta were lying. One of the Atlanta friends was a pilot, as was Jeff Ramsey, John's brother. Could JAR have been in Boulder on the 23rd, the 24th, and the 25th, and been flown secretly to Atlanta on Christmas night in one of John Ramsey's two airplanes and be ready to be picked up at his friend's house by Melinda and her fiance early on the 26th to catch the flight to Minneapolis?

Were JonBenet and Burke sitting at the breakfast room table late that night, snacking on pineapple and sipping on tea, after the parents had gone to bed, waiting for a preplanned secret visit by JAR?

The intense Ramsey coverup of this crime has to involve a family member, and IMO that has to be either BR or JAR, or both.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab-

I am remembering correctly that there is a picture of JAR sitting by JBR's grave sobbing into his hands?

Bensmom

That does look like JAR in the photo of the dec 23d Christmas party but it turned out to be a boyfriend of one of Priscilla's sisters.

Someone molested JonBenet on the 23d, but who? An adult or a child?

Were the kids playing Doctor in the basement? How many male children were at the party?

BlueCrab said:

BlueCrab
JonBenet's murder may have been a staged sex crime, its purpose to conceal prior sexual abuse. More than one person may have abused her in the days or weeks before her murder.

It’s unlikely that a 6-year old girl would have the desire or the knowledge to indulge in AEA practices. There are no recorded cases involving a preteen female, and most female AEA practitioners tend to be adult.

If JonBenet were indulging in consensual AE with Burke, or any similar aged person, then her death would be an accident, and not a homicide.

Obviously any AE with an older male is by definition, non-consensual, and constitutes a sexual assault! Precisely why an older male should want to introduce JonBenet to AE beats me; she is pre-pubertal, emotionally and psychologically immature; still to develop a hygiene routine. I do not think JonBenet would interpret the choking and breathless sensations as pleasurable or exciting. I suspect any 6-year old girl would be frightened and terrified?

So from this perspective any older male practicing AE with JonBenet must be indulging his own specific individual sexual fantasy. Other pedophiles would be content with access and more "conventional" forms of abuse! So in this context her death would form part of her assailant’s fantasy.

For anyone to place JAR's blue suitcase and its contents in close proximity to JonBenet's corpse appears curious. Either it is there by accident and circumstance, or at some point both it and JonBenet's body were intended to be removed from the house?

The EA device appears to have been fashioned, in a hurry, downstairs in the basement. I think splinters from the paintbrush were left on the floor?

If nylon fibers from the EA device were found in JonBenet's bed, this may suggest JonBenet was at some point, alive or dead, lying tethered on the bed? This would be consistent with assumptions about prior staging.

BlueCrab said:
It appears that an older male may have made the EA device at an earlier date and had likely tutored the children in its use.
BlueCrab
If an older male had constructed the EA device earlier, would he not bring one he made earlier, or at least construct something more functional than a paintbrush and nylon cord, especially if it was for tutoring purposes, why should Patsy's forensics be so evident?

JAR may have made an unannounced visit to the Ramsay House the night of her death, only one other adult male would fit this profile of knowing the layout, and be someone JonBenet trusted implicitly. Also does Susan Stine have any knowledge of inappropriate behavior towards JonBenet, why should she deal with the cop over the 911 call?

In PMPT it’s mentioned that Jonbenet whilst in the toilet, would ask other adults to wipe her down! Just where did she learn that this was acceptable, or was it due to prior abuse, had she not developed a sense of privacy that most girls of her age would have?

Did she ask to be wiped down on the 23rd and was subject to some form of abuse which left her feeling unclean and not pretty, did this prompt JonBenet to make the 911 call?

UKGuy said:
...JAR may have made an unannounced visit to the Ramsay House the night of her death, only one other adult male would fit this profile of knowing the layout, and be someone JonBenet trusted implicitly. ...
JAR was cleared by BPD after much investigation.

Off the top of my head I can think of several males who would know the layout and Jonbenet would trust implicitly; McSanta, the gardener, Merv, perhaps LHP's son-in-law, Fleet, and assorted neighbors. Not to mention the trust level of 6 year olds (especially those who have led sheltered lives) is very high. All someone would have to do is say they know her father, mother, Santa, brother, LHP etc etc and she would probably go along with them. OR they could have just scooped her up while sleeping (a surprising number of kids have been taken that way) and carried her down the front stairs.

tipper said:

Off the top of my head I can think of several males who would know the layout and Jonbenet would trust implicitly; McSanta, the gardener, Merv, perhaps LHP's son-in-law, Fleet, and assorted neighbors. Not to mention the trust level of 6 year olds (especially those who have led sheltered lives) is very high. All someone would have to do is say they know her father, mother, Santa, brother, LHP etc etc and she would probably go along with them. OR they could have just scooped her up while sleeping (a surprising number of kids have been taken that way) and carried her down the front stairs.
tipper,

Thanks for that, I guess that adult male should read "older male" this was me attempting to avoid naming anyone explicitly.

tipper said:

tipper,

JAR was cleared, but the cops also said that anyone who has been cleared can just as quickly be uncleared.

The items in that suitcase have never been satisfactorily explained. Had the EA device also been stored in the suitcase it would appear to be a pedophile's rape kit.

The testimony of JAR's two buddies and JAR's mother, Lucinda, that JAR was in Atlanta at the time of the killing is the basis of the clearing. As we all know, college buddies lie for each other; and mothers lie for their children. If JAR's "out of the state" alibi can be broken, then he is the likely killer.

BlueCrab said:
If JAR's "out of the state" alibi can be broken, then he is the likely killer.
What do we know of JAR's personality?

I can accept parents lying or covering up for their kids,but I don't think friends (the movie stub) would put themselves in the middle of a murder case,for another friend. Also ... I would think the people involved in the cover up,would make sure to lie around the picture,if in fact JAR was in the picture on 12/23. Unless they are incredibly stupid.

With that said ... I still wonder who Barnhill saw walkng towards the Ramsey house?I don't believe for a second his story about having been mistaken ... he saw someone who looked like JAR.I think Barnhill did not want to get involved in this horrible thing and feigned "old age confusion".

capps said:
I still wonder who Barnhill saw walkng towards the Ramsey house?I don't believe for a second his story about having been mistaken ... he saw someone who looked like JAR.I think Barnhill did not want to get involved in this horrible thing and feigned "old age confusion".

capps,

Unless he was persuaded by the authorities, including the court, to "go with the flow" and recant his story about seeing JAR on December 25. If BR or any other child too young to prosecute was involved, then by Colorado law the name of the young perp cannot be revealed and a lawful government coverup is created. If this is what happened and Joe Barnhill actually saw JAR, then the murder scenario likely involves both BR and JAR.

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Unless he was persuaded by the authorities, including the court, to "go with the flow" and recant his story about seeing JAR on December 25. If BR or any other child too young to prosecute was involved, then by Colorado law the name of the young perp cannot be revealed and a lawful government coverup is created. If this is what happened and Joe Barnhill actually saw JAR, then the murder scenario likely involves both BR and JAR.

BC ..

I understand what you're saying.
My (still working on ) theory is that BR was there but not involved in the crime. Are you procecuted for just being there?

I cannnot rule out JAR ... he was 20,is that still too young to prosecute?

capps said:
BC ..

I understand what you're saying.
My (still working on ) theory is that BR was there but not involved in the crime. Are you procecuted for just being there?

I cannnot rule out JAR ... he was 20,is that still too young to prosecute?

capps,

In Colorado, no child under the age of 10 can be criminally prosecuted. A child 10 to 17 goes into the juvenile justice system, except a child 14 through 17 can be tried as an adult if circumstances warrant. A person 18 and over is tried as an adult.

In the cases of children under 10 who commit adult crimes, the responsibility falls totally with the district attorney. The D.A. has complete authority in deciding how to dispose of the case.

Thanks BlueCrab,that info helped me a lot!

Here's my dilemma:

JR and PR - had no motive to kill JB. They do have motive to lie for who ever did this. I don't believe they wrote the ransom note.

BR - at 9yrs. old,was too young.No real motive except maybe jealosy,that's not motive to kill for a 9yr.old.I do believe he was an innocent bystander though,until things turned ugly.He knows who was involved.

JAR - Would PR be willing to cover up for him? I think not.

DS - same age as BR,I think to young and again no motive.

NI - possibility. Can't rule him out. But Ramsey's would not cover up for him.

I think I've covered all that I may think might be involved. Did I miss anyone?

Who else would the Ramsey's lie for?

At one point ... I thought they (Ramsey's) were afraid of whoever did this ... someone devious enough,that maybe Ramsey's worried that this person would come back and do more harm to the family? Any thought on that?

BlueCrab said:
If an adult man witnessed the murder of a young girl, and he had a 9 year old companion who apparently COMMITTED the crime, or accident as the case may be, wouldn't the duty to try the man in court override any steps taken to protect the ID of the younger companion?

Wouldn't the fact that, at the very least, the adult man participated in a coverup warrant charges against him?

What role in the killing would the adult man have had to perform in order to be charged, in this situation?

For example, if Burke killed JB but JAR also happened to have sexually assaulted her prior, or at least had criminal knowledge of her sexual abuse, are you implying that the duty to protect Burke's identity would mean that the DA would not bother prosecuting JAR?

Another theory -

JAR once related his family to the one in Ransom (w/Mel Gibson), thought they were similar - JAR also stated the Killer should receive "forgivenness."

It's my understanding JAR had alcohol & violence in his background.

JAR may have resented the "new" family. He and his two friends were all from Atlanta and went to school in Colorado (were they the "small foreign faction?")

JAR was cleared as a negotiation deal to get the Ramseys to agree to an "interview."

JAR had legal representation (Patsy's side of the family did not). The police were not allowed to go near JAR.

The alibi of that night is suspicious. As JAR drove his car to C. Stanley's, from there they went to a movie - after that they went back to Stanley's house to get JAR's car - THEN, Stanley follows JAR home and stays over - BUT JAR had to be up at 6 am for a flight.

Now, what college kid would spend the night with a friend who had to leave at 6 am - PERHAPS, they wanted to be each other's alibi for the whole night.

An alleged photo was taken at the ATM where JAR got money (could that have been Millard in a hat pulled over his face- using JAR's card as an alibi?") Did Millard also buy the movie tickets?

What college kids would still have an ATM receipt and movie tickets months later to provide as an alibi (unless they purposely held onto them for that reason).

The police have given JAR the window of time to be able to be in Colorado - ALSO keep in mind there is a time difference between GA & CO.

The sudden change to Michigan for Christmas - which was never done before and done at the last minute - could it have been because JAR was possbily "caught with JonBenet" and kicked out of the house? Hence, the last minute Christmas in Michigan.

Melinda's room is still called "Melinda's Room" - BUT JAR's room is now called the "GUEST ROOM." There was no mention of JAR in DOI.

The dictionary was open to "incest" - Could Patsy have tried to explain to JonBenet what had possibly happened.

Yes, Patsy WOULD cover for JAR - John had already lost one daughter, Beth, now a second daughter, JonBenet - wouldn't she help him save his son.

What has already been established was JAR's semen was found at the crime scene - it was his suitcase, his flashlight, Barnhill states he saw JAR...

The Ramsey plane has already been discussed on another thread.....

GuruJosh said:
If an adult man witnessed the murder of a young girl, and he had a 9 year old companion who apparently COMMITTED the crime, or accident as the case may be, wouldn't the duty to try the man in court override any steps taken to protect the ID of the younger companion?

Wouldn't the fact that, at the very least, the adult man participated in a coverup warrant charges against him?

What role in the killing would the adult man have had to perform in order to be charged, in this situation?

For example, if Burke killed JB but JAR also happened to have sexually assaulted her prior, or at least had criminal knowledge of her sexual abuse, are you implying that the duty to protect Burke's identity would mean that the DA would not bother prosecuting JAR?

GuruJosh,

Technically, you're right. But this happened in Boulder.

I agree with your challenges to this theory -- but what if the town's power brokers (Bynum, Morgan, Hunter, Romer, etc.), who apparently participated in the Ramsey coverup and set things in motion, were convinced that one or two 9-year-olds did the killing and the older perp was really "innocent" and should be given a free pass so as to tidy things up?

I have always been concerned that once the authorities find out that children did it, that an adult perpetrator would slip between the cracks and escape unnoticed by the public.

BlueCrab

TLynn said:
Yes, Patsy WOULD cover for JAR - John had already lost one daughter, Beth, now a second daughter, JonBenet - wouldn't she help him save his son.

What has already been established was JAR's semen was found at the crime scene - it was his suitcase, his flashlight, Barnhill states he saw JAR...

I think Patsy would cover for JAR. She was very concerned with appearances and would have been very concerned with how that would look if indeed he had molested and or killed JBR. It would also explain a lot of their actions subsequent to the murder, i.e. the alleged staging and coverup; Patsy and John's behavior towards one another; that picture of JAR by her grave (which I am positive I have seen somewhere).

Would Patsy blame John if JAR actually were involved to such an extent?

However, I am still not sure what I believe actually happened in that house that night.

TLynn,

Thanks for your post #16. You have good information re' JAR and his friends Stanley and Millard.

In regard to any violent part of JAR's behavior, the only thing I remember is his assaulting a photographer at an airport. He also had a drinking problem.

Was it a genuine drinking problem or was it college high jinks coupled with the stress of his sister's murder. What's he doing now? Has he settled down? I don't think getting drunk on occasion as a college student necessarily equals a drinking problem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back