FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Somewhere along the wide, palm-lined streets just north of Naples, Felipe Santos vanished.

He disappeared without warning on a Tuesday morning, on his way to work.

Santos and two of his brothers were driving to a construction job, about 6:30 a.m., when his white Ford struck another car beside the Green Tree Shopping Center.

Damage was minor. No one was hurt.

A Collier County deputy arrived at the scene and wrote up Santos for driving without a license, not having insurance and careless driving.

The deputy put Santos in a patrol car and drove away. Later that day, Santos' construction foreman contacted the Collier County jail so his brothers could bail him out.

But Santos wasn't in the jail. He never had been.

Has anyone seen my son?

It was a letter to the editor, published in the Naples Daily News.

The letter came from a woman named Marcia Bugg, who told a sad story. On Jan. 12, 2004, her son Terrance Williams, who was 27, was driving a white Cadillac north of Naples, without a valid driver's license, insurance or registration.

A Collier County deputy stopped him.

"Cpl. Steven Calkins searched him and put him in the back of his vehicle and drove him somewhere!" Bugg wrote.

"He has not been seen or heard from since."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/29/State/Without_a_trace__but_.shtml

Shouldn't the FBI be investigating these disappearances? Having his own former coworkers do the job is kinda like the fox guarding the henhouse! This reminds me of a case of a state trooper in San Bernadino county in the early eighties where a woman was pulled over for a traffic violation and later turned up raped and murdered. The state trooper was tried twice in San Bernadino county and both trials ended in hung juries. He was finally brought up on Federal civil rights violation charges and convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
I wonder if the FBI is aware of this-I think I'll drop them a line and inquire...

Bring Maura home!

gatetrekker44 said:
Shouldn't the FBI be investigating these disappearances? Having his own former coworkers do the job is kinda like the fox guarding the henhouse! This reminds me of a case of a state trooper in San Bernadino county in the early eighties where a woman was pulled over for a traffic violation and later turned up raped and murdered. The state trooper was tried twice in San Bernadino county and both trials ended in hung juries. He was finally brought up on Federal civil rights violation charges and convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
I wonder if the FBI is aware of this-I think I'll drop them a line and inquire...

Bring Maura home!
I would do this too if I knew where to drop the line to ....

State Trooper in Minnessota in the 80's did the same thing...confessed to killing Blue Earth Doe...

Years ago a California Highway patrol officer in San Diego, raped and killed a young woman. He had also raped several others. He got 25 years to life....It's rare, but it does happen. That's why they have the term, 'dirty cop.'

gatetrekker44
Thanks for dropping the FBI a line. This matter should be looked into by another agency. There is definitely something wrong here, IMO.

JMHO
fran

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html

Gerard John Schaefer (30+) This homicidal Martin County, Florida, deputy sheriff, though convicted in 1973 of only two mutilation murders, is believed to be responsible for at least thirty killings. A sadistic sex-beast by nature, Schaefer would lure young women off the roads with the help of his badge to torture, mutilate and murder. He enjoyed tying his victims to trees and leaving them there while he went to work as a police officer.

Gerard Schaefer never received the publicity that other serial killers did. Many people have never heard of him. I became interested in his case while working in FLorida in the county where some of his crimes took place. I had the pleasure of knowing the Crime Scene investigator who assisted in putting Schaefer away.

mysteriew - the whole thing sounded almost unbelievable. I read the whole article you posted, and it's just mind-boggling. It seems clear Calkins killed or delivered both of those men somewhere evil. And yet, it seems like no one really has been able to solve it. I understand the illegal alien - when they go missing, they are SOL. Illegal aliens go missing and somehow no one really cares. But the other one, Terrence Williams . . . That's TWO for Calkins, who he's just sort of "lost".

Good God. His quotes are disturbing, too. I wonder how many others have disappeared at his hands that no one knows about.

Chattanoogan Terrance Williams disappeared nearly two years ago in Florida, and police still have no leads in his case.

His mother has returned to Chattanooga in hopes of raising money to help find him.

In 2002, Chattanooga Native Terrance Williams moved to Naples, Florida to live closer to his mom, Marcia.

Marcia Bugg - Terrance's Mother "For the most part Terrance was so laid back. he's just a cool guy."

On January 12-th 2004 Collier County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Calkins stopped Terrance because his cadillac was having problems.

Marica Bugg "According to witnesses he was put into the back of a patrol car and the cop drove off."

Marcia says Deputy Steven Calkins claimed he dropped Terrance off at this Circle K.

That was the last time anyone saw Terrance.

We've called all of his friends from seattle, family members to Middle Tennessee.

His mom became worried after learning that same deputy was last seen with a missing Mexican Migrant worker named Felipe Santos.

FBI agents and local law enforcement in Florida investigated the disappearances of both men, but they remain tight lipped about what they've learned.

Deputy Calkins was fired for lying about the cases.

Marcia Bugg - Mother "I just knew, I just knew that something was wrong with my son."

Marcia started walking the streets of Naples, Florida letting everyone know her son is missing.

She even comes back to Chattanooga frequently to post missing posters of Terrance.

Allison Braxton - Reporting "So to keep Terrance's memory alive the Saint Paul A.M.E. church is hosting a benefit, in hopes of raising enough money to put Terrance's picture on a billboard back in Naple's Florida. Terrance's mom says she just wants to know what happened to her son."

For somebody to come forward and just tell us something do I believe that terrance is still alive, no a mother knows. Eventually the truth is going to come out.

We contacted the Collier County Sheriff's Department about the latest in the investigation, but they have not returned our phone calls.

The benefit for Terrance Williams will be held Saturday night at six at Saint Paul A.M.E. church on Williams Street.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servle...EF_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784616417

http://www.colliersheriff.org/news/missing/detail.asp?key=33

Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown HGT: 508 WGT: 160

Terrance has several tattoos on his body. He has a "T" above the left chest, "ET" on the right shoulder and "Terrance" on left forearm in red with blue highlights. He has a gold crown with the letter "T" on the upper right tooth and the other upper front tooth is solid gold. He also has a vertical scar on his right shoulder and a dark birthmark on the right side of his abdomen.

Terrance was last seen wearing a short sleeve shirt, blue jeans and Timberland boots. He was wearing diamond earrings and a watch with a silver band. The face of the watch is surrounded by white stones.

Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown HGT: 508 WGT: 160
Last Address: Randall Circle in Naples, Florida
Scars, Marks & Tattoos: Several tattoos

Terrance was last seen in the vicinity of 111th Ave North and Vanderbilt Drive. He was possibly sighted later that day at a convenience store in the area of Wiggins Pass and US 41.

Terrance has several tattoos on his body. He has a "T" above the left chest, "ET" on the right shoulder and "Terrance" on left forearm in red with blue highlights. He has a gold crown with the letter "T" on the upper right tooth and the other upper front tooth is solid gold. He also has a vertical scar on his right shoulder and a dark birthmark on the right side of his abdomen.

Terrance was last seen wearing a short sleeve shirt, blue jeans and Timberland boots. He was wearing diamond earrings and a watch with a silver band. The face of the watch is surrounded by white stones.

Anyone that may have information on the whereabouts of Terrance is asked to contact the Collier County Sheriff's Office.
http://www.colliersheriff.org/news/missing/detail.asp?key=33

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servle...d=1031784616417

OMG I feel sick to my stomach. I guess I have had my head in the sand here in Naples. All of this occured just down the street from my house.

sleuthin4fun said:
OMG I feel sick to my stomach. I guess I have had my head in the sand here in Naples. All of this occured just down the street from my house.

LOL, hon it happens everywhere. Your town, my town. everywhere

His stories started out the same....then he changed them. The missing men are a black man and a Mexican man. I think this cop probably thought no one would notice that they were missing. Little did he know that they have families who love them.

The cop failed lie detector tests....lied in his statements but says he told the truth...lied to the dispatcher...lied to everyone. They fired him so they believe he is involved in the disappearance of the two men. They checked his car but a cop probably rarely murders someone in their vehicle. He probably took them out in the country somewhere and shot them. I wonder what his log for those two days says...course he could say he was anywhere when he called in and be miles from where ever he said.

Nice looking guy. I wonder if there might be a gang connection. Not insinuating that he was in a gang, just that he might have been connected to someone or maybe dated the wrong girl. Unfortunatly, happens a lot these days. Any statements from his family?

Jenn said:
Nice looking guy. I wonder if there might be a gang connection. Not insinuating that he was in a gang, just that he might have been connected to someone or maybe dated the wrong girl. Unfortunatly, happens a lot these days. Any statements from his family?

There are more articles on Terrance in the missing forum: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24064&highlight=Terrance+Williams

I posted this here because of the tattoos he had. Somewhere, I think I read the description of an unknown with the E.T. tattoo. But I have no idea where I read it. I was hoping someone here may have seen something about this also.

Here is the link for the other missing man, Felipe Santos
http://www.colliersheriff.org/news/missing/detail.asp?key=34

Here is another article about the case, and it basically covers what has already been posted here
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060119/NEWS01/60119016/1075

Excerpt:

Calkins was later fired for lying about the case and for conduct unbecoming an officer following internal sheriffs investigations.
Calkins was never charged in connection with the disappearances of the two men.

Collier County Sheriff Don Hunter said there is no evidence that Calkins harmed the two men, or had anything to do with their disappearance.

He said the disappearances are being treated as missing persons cases and not criminal.
So he was involved enough to be fired over it, but not enough evidence to be prosecuted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back