Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Jenika Brianne Feuerstein

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Mesa, Arizona

Missing Since: January 3, 2009

Age: 20 -- Height: 4'11" -- Weight: 90 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

Jenika's nicknames are Jen and Jeni. Her ears and the left side of her lower lip are pierced. She has a tattoo of a butterfly behind her right ear, a small star on her right ankle, and a butterfly near her left wrist.

Jenika was last seen in Mesa, Arizona on January 3, 2009. She and the man she was with were supposed to meet a friend at a friend's house. Jenika sent a text message to her friend at 10:45 pm saying they would be there soon, but they never arrived. At 11:10 pm, she texted her roommate saying she would be home by 11:30 pm, but she never arrived there either. The following day, she missed a remembrance event for her sister who had died of a brain tumor.

The man Jenika was with the night she disappeared is a convicted felon. Two of her friends found him at a campsite two days after she disappeared. He told them he dropped her off at her apartment the night she disappeared. Jenika remains missing.

NamUs

Charley Project

Jenika Brianne Feuerstein
attachment.php

attachment.php

Body found at Apache Lake identified as Mesa woman -

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Monday that they identified the woman whose remains were found in a container near Apache Lake on Sunday. Jenika Brianne Feuerstein went missing from her home in Mesa on Jan. 3, 2009, when she was 20 years old, according to a statement released by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ache-lake-identified-mesa-woman-abrk/7524311/

Attachments

• 4-9-14-JENIKA-BRIANNE-FEUERSTEIN-MISSING-POSTER-2.jpg
    4-9-14-JENIKA-BRIANNE-FEUERSTEIN-MISSING-POSTER-2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 200
  • 4-9-14-JENIKA-BRIANNE-FEUERSTEIN-MISSING-POSTER.jpg
    4-9-14-JENIKA-BRIANNE-FEUERSTEIN-MISSING-POSTER.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 199
I've been looking up who she was last seen with. I don't believe we can name him until he's arrested or LE says he's a POI or suspect. His name is at this link about Jenika missing.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/feuerstein_jenika.html

There is a thread here from 2010 for Jenika but it's closed.

eta, I'm hoping that duct tape holds fibers, hair, dna or something.

RIP Jenika.

The campground mentioned in that article is about an hour and forty five minutes away from where Jenika was found.

:praying: for Jenika's family. I am SO sad to hear the news, knowing closure is elusive in the cases we sleuth here. :tears:

Another precious Forever Angel has received her wings. Now the rest of the world knows it. Fly High, Beautiful One!

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How heartbreaking - the family lost two daughters.
Another heartbreaking statement in the missing details, she had used heroine daily since she was in the 8th grade. I cannot imagine...

RIP - I am so glad you were found.

The video at this link shows maps and aerial footage of the approx location where this young lady's remains were found:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/video?clipId=10037028&autoStart=true

The location is really reminding me of Adrienne Salinas.

I know its a shot in the dark, but could whoever killed Jenika have also killed Adrienne?

Last night I was thinking about Adrienne's case. There are many possibilities, but last night my thoughts were leaning toward a random abductor who might have seen her walking. He may have offered her a ride, or coerced her into the car. jmo

Adrienne's remains were washed /scattered after flooding. Could they originally have been placed closer to where Jenika was found?

Both these young ladies were found "in a wash" in the AZ desert.

Maybe there is no connection, but maybe there is?

Where was the guy who said he dropped Jenika off on the night that Adrienne disappeared?

Just thinking out loud.

Margarita, Canyon Lake is where some peeps think Adrienne was left at, but the Sheriffs believed it was within a 3 mile area of where AS's body was found. I also believe the same because the terrain and predators would have left nothing if she had traveled from the lake to Apache Junction.

I, too, got hit with an uneasy feeling when Jenika was found and identified, and did a bit of reading to see if there was a correlation. I *think* there's too much time between the 2 cases, Jenika was last known to be in the presence of a convicted felon, who was found at a campsite a few days (?) later, close to where the chest was found, the chest was probably used to transport where Adrienne was just "dumped/buried and brought to the surface". (or so it seems)

Other than both cases involving disposal sites near lakes and to the East of the metropolitan areas of Phoenix (the physical similarities of the young ladies did give me pause) I believe this is the work of 2 separate individuals. The MO's just don't correlate for me to be the same person? JMO.

Margarita, Canyon Lake is where some peeps think Adrienne was left at, but the Sheriffs believed it was within a 3 mile area of where AS's body was found. I also believe the same because the terrain and predators would have left nothing if she had traveled from the lake to Apache Junction.

I, too, got hit with an uneasy feeling when Jenika was found and identified, and did a bit of reading to see if there was a correlation. I *think* there's too much time between the 2 cases, Jenika was last known to be in the presence of a convicted felon, who was found at a campsite a few days (?) later, close to where the chest was found, the chest was probably used to transport where Adrienne was just "dumped/buried and brought to the surface". (or so it seems)

Other than both cases involving disposal sites near lakes and to the East of the metropolitan areas of Phoenix (the physical similarities of the young ladies did give me pause) I believe this is the work of 2 separate individuals. The MO's just don't correlate for me to be the same person? JMO.

Thanks for your response, Bernina. :)

There is the case of Amy Ahonen here in Colorado; her remains were found scattered over several miles last month. We had major flooding here last year; I believe this played a role in the location / distribution of her remains.

I think its possible Adrienne's remains could have traveled a significant distance...IIRC, the video footage of the raging flood waters was quite intense.

I hope Adrienne's killer and Jenika's killer are found.

There is an incarcerated killer here in CO named Travis Forbes. His actions varied greatly between his 2 victims. Sometimes killers do not always use the same methods, or they "evolve". And so often time spans years in between victims.

I agree, Adrienne and Jenika are probably not connected. Worth noting the proximity of the locations, though, I think.

Has COD on Jenika been determined / released? Chances are she was murdered, but I wonder due to her history if she might have have overdosed on heroine, then the person panicked? Just a thought.

Did the individual she was last with have a history of heroin use? A felon with an armed robbery conviction and then recent release.......Jenika told LE she had used heroin since 8th grade when she was arrested on drug charges previously.....armed robbery is usually connected to drug use..... she's 20 and the felon is 43....Jenika's friends found this felon 3 days after the disappearance in the area of Coon's Bluff at a campsite, about an hour away from the container (campsite was closer to Mesa than container)
album.php
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1955&pictureid=17285...........connect the dots.
Could this be the result of a possible heroin overdose and her body hidden to avoid prosecution?

I have a feeling this was a self administered drug related death, not the work of a predator, serial killer, or random act of violence. It should also be noted Jenika disappeared close to the anniversary of her sister's death, which may have given her a reason to use. Anyone who is with an individual who OD's and dies, can be charged with varying degrees of complicity: possession of narcotics, under the influence, manslaughter, homicide, etc., if they participated.

On the surface, to be blunt, if it looks like a duck.........just my :twocents:

Another article:http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/mesa/article_efb0550c-c03f-11e3-b5cb-001a4bcf887a.html

I would think that if Jenika accidentally ODed, the person she was with would have anonymously dropped her body off somewhere where it would have been discovered. By concealing her body, the person made themself guilty of a crime. It is likely that some of her other friends were also drug users, so if she had ODed, the person she was with would have probably felt comfortable confiding in those friends. JMO.

I would think that if Jenika accidentally ODed, the person she was with would have anonymously dropped her body off somewhere where it would have been discovered. By concealing her body, the person made themself guilty of a crime. It is likely that some of her other friends were also drug users, so if she had ODed, the person she was with would have probably felt comfortable confiding in those friends. JMO.

"Friends told police Jenika texted them at 10:45 p.m. on Saturday, January 3, 2009 and stated they were at McClintock Drive and Dobson Road and would be right over, but they never showed up."

Forty-eight-year-old Hutchinson was convicted for an armed robbery in 2001.

Police say Hutchinson was found by two of Jenika's friends at a campsite at Coon's Bluff three days after Jenika was last seen.

The human remains found last weekend were found just a little over an hour away from that campsite.

Hutchinson told police he dropped Jenika off at her apartment on the day she went missing.

Hutchinson is not and has never been named a suspect in this case, MCSO says.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-central-southern-az/other/mcso-remains-found-in-arizona-desert-idd-as-jenika-brianna-feuerstein

"....Feuerstein sent a text message to her friend at 10:45 p.m., saying she and her companion were on McClintock/Dobson and would be at his house soon. At 11:10 p.m., she texted her roommate and said she'd be home at 11:30."

"...Feuerstein's younger sister died of a brain tumor three years before her disappearance, and the family planned to gather on the anniversary of her death on January 4. Feuerstein promised to attend the remembrance, but she never arrived."

"The man Feuerstein was with on the night of her disappearance is a convicted felon; he previously served a prison term for armed robbery. Two of Feuerstein's friends located him at a campsite on January 6, three days after Feuerstein disappeared. He told them he last saw her when he dropped her off at her apartment on January 3. The following day, the man packed up and left the campsite. Feuerstein herself was also once arrested on felony drug charges, and she told the police she had used heroin daily since she was in eighth grade. It's unclear whether drugs were a factor in her disappearance, however."

http://****************.com/2014/feuerstein_jenika.html#sthash.zOTk8Rb2.dpbs I know, not the best source and have to do some more searching, but it's pretty consistent with MSM sources...and it looks like the source is un linkable :banghead: google sources, urgh!!!!

Theory:
They were driving around (she did not have a vehicle), she (or they) shoots up, she OD's in the vehicle, he panics, there is already the connection with him and her being together, her DNA is in his vehicle. He conceals the body because he needs to distance himself, he is already a convicted felon. Her body can't be found immediately because it will lead directly back to him.
No body, no evidence, no crime, and her drug use could make a disappearance of a few days, maybe weeks, un-remarkable. The only thing that made it unusual was the family getting together on Jan. 4 to remember her sister and Jenika had made the commitment to be in attendance.

The connection with DH is he was Jenika's last known companion, and his campsite and the placement of the body, both connected by the Salt River from Coon's Bluff and Apache Lake. JMO

I don't have much to contribute in the way of speculation, but just based on cases I've followed ... remains that are concealed in boxes, bins, suitcases are often placed there by someone who feels guilt and a personal connection.

Not necessarily.

There was a case in early 2013 about a young woman who died of a heroin overdose, she went missing for several days because her friends hid her and her car out in the country somewhere..

If the person was the one who shot her up or even the one who gave her drugs it could have made him feel like he was going to be arrested for her murder. Especially if this person already has a criminal record. They may have felt guilty and panicked about what happened to her so they put her in the box and hid her away.

Snipped...
...Jenika was last seen with a man named David L. Hutchinson.

...Forty-eight-year-old Hutchinson was convicted for an armed robbery in 2001.

Police say Hutchinson was found by two of Jenika's friends at a campsite at Coon's Bluff three days after Jenika was last seen.

...Hutchinson told police he dropped Jenika off at her apartment on the day she went missing.

Hutchinson is not and has never been named a suspect in this case, MCSO says.

Read more: http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/mesa/article_efb0550c-c03f-11e3-b5cb-001a4bcf887a.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back