GUILTY MI - Mob beating of man after auto-pedestrian accident, Detroit, 2014

Trident

Former Member
Reaction score
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/08/justice/michigan-driver-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/08/justice/michigan-driver-attack/index.html#disqus_thread

Wow!. I can't believe there isn't a thread on this heinous crime. Did I miss it?

A lone man was attacked by a mob after getting out of his car to check on a child he had run into, and was beaten senseless, and now, Race is being looked at...' Give me a break.

My God, how long are these atrocities going to be allowed to continue without appropriate redress? Trayvon made national/international news. Why aren't we having the same coverage here as we did in that case?

While race has been mentioned as a factor in the title of the article, it's not clear that this is a hate crime - yet. Please focus on the case and not on racial issues until it is clear that this was a race issue.

:tyou:

While race has been mentioned as a factor in the title of the article, it's not clear that this is a hate crime - yet. Please focus on the case and not on racial issues until it is clear that this was a race issue.

:tyou:

No, it is not yet clear that this was a hate crime. It is clear, however, that if the races of the participants were reversed we would be hearing a whole lot more about this case from the usual quarters.

From watching the surveillance video, it appears that the child actually jumped into the vehicle being driven by Utash purposely, which leads me to believe that the incident was orchestrated by the child's family. If this is found to be the case, this is worse than a hate crime.

Link to video...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...owd-after-hitting-boy-clings-to-life/7285575/

So the moral of the story is.....if you hit someone in Detroit, keep right on going or get beaten half to death? :(

"His daughter, Felicia Utash, said after he was beaten, he was robbed of his money, his wallet and his credit cards."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...owd-after-hitting-boy-clings-to-life/7285575/

Ok, so now add in the charges for the things that were stolen from him as he was being beaten half to death. Thank God for the woman who stood up for him and intervened. What a courageous woman to stand up against the attackers, the attackers should THANK her, because if not for her, they would all likely be facing murder charges.

Also.... "Police arrested the child's father on an unrelated warrant and are questioning him about what he knows in regard to the assault, Woody said. "Whether or not he was actually involved in the assault, that still has yet to be determined," Woody said."

I don't even know what to say. What the heck is wrong with some people? Mr Utash was not at fault, the child was (accidents happen, just a fact of life) , but Mr Utash did the right thing and for that he was beaten and robbed. I would hope that all of those who participated in this will be prosecuted fully.

I hate punks! Ugh so much unnecessary violence.

Had Steve Utash continued driving, he would be charged with hit-and-run. Since he stopped and rendered aide, he was attacked.

[modsnip].

I watched an interview with her last night. She is a real hero. She grabbed her gun..Judy in case....she told the attackers to stop and saved the man's life IMOO. I hope this man gains consciousness and recovers soon. His family loves him.

In the story I read, she actually laid her body over him to get them to stop.

wow, those five who quickly came out of the shadows when the boy got hit sure did walk slowly and seemingly deliberately casually toward the scene

if I saw a kid get hit, I would be running, not walking, toward the scene (in fact I have seen an older teen get hit and I did in fact, run fast up to him)

and apparently one of them was his father? and even he wasn't running?

hinky.

I'm impressed over the bravery of the nurse. That lady is a hero, she probably saved his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back