Lab grown vaginas

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26885335

Doctors at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Centre in North Carolina used pioneering technology to build vaginas for the four women who were all in their teenage years at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes! For those who will benefit this is a God send. I had no idea there was such a deformity (absence). Poor girls....this is a blessing for them. Amazing progress.

I didn't even know we had a shortage!

Too late for Black Dahlia (according to some accounts).

When I saw the title, I thought this should be in bizarre news....but wow! I had never heard of this condition. Interesting for sure.

I thought it was pretty educational and fascinating!

I can't even begin to image what else they can "grow" now!

Just think in 25 years what they'll be able to do!

Love me some science!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok how long will it be before the plastic surgeons get hold of this? I see a new fad of having two

Seriously though this is a big step. And once they get the procedure perfected, how long will it be before they can grow other organs?

I shouldn't have made a joke above. One of our long-time posters has a daughter who was born female, but without female genitalia, and the daughter has had to endure many painful surgeries to construct an artificial vagina.

Perhaps a discovery like this will save such women a great deal of pain and trauma.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back