Blood Moon/Lunar Eclipse 04/15/2014

PMLsmom

Reaction score
Dark Knight, where are you (lol) ??? You are our sky-gazing threadmaker...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/innovation/blood-moon/

Snip:
"People in North and South America will be able to see the entire eclipse, while sky watchers in the western Pacific can catch only the last half. The moon will be setting in most of Europe and Africa during the eclipse, so residents there probably won't see much.

For gazing geeks, NASA has set up a live web chat to answer questions about the eclipse starting at 1 a.m. Eastern

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/watchtheskies/lunar-eclipse-2014.html

The heavenly curtain rises on Tuesday's lunar review around 2 a.m. ET, when the moon starts to slide into Earth's shadow.

It should turn into a blood moon -- a coppery red -- about an hour later and stay that way for over an hour, NASA says."

Unfortunately, here on the East coast, we have predictions of rain. We probably won't be able to see it :(

I should be able to see it from the plane...I'll be flying red-eye from Ca to NJ...so we'll be about midcountry then, and hopefully I'll get a window seat...I'll watch it and wonder, as I always do, how incredible our universe is.

Best-
Herding Cats

NorthEast Ohio socked in with clouds due to deliver about 3" of snow! I wanted to see the moon..:tantrum:

Mars is very visible tonight! I just came in from star gazing. :)

Dark Knight, where are you (lol) ??? You are our sky-gazing threadmaker...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/11/tech/innovation/blood-moon/

Snip:
"People in North and South America will be able to see the entire eclipse, while sky watchers in the western Pacific can catch only the last half. The moon will be setting in most of Europe and Africa during the eclipse, so residents there probably won't see much.

For gazing geeks, NASA has set up a live web chat to answer questions about the eclipse starting at 1 a.m. Eastern

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/watchtheskies/lunar-eclipse-2014.html

The heavenly curtain rises on Tuesday's lunar review around 2 a.m. ET, when the moon starts to slide into Earth's shadow.

It should turn into a blood moon -- a coppery red -- about an hour later and stay that way for over an hour, NASA says."

Unfortunately, here on the East coast, we have predictions of rain. We probably won't be able to see it :(

Thanks so much for posting this. I'll be watching! :eye::eye:

After being in the 70's Sunday and 60's yesterday it is now SNOWING in Michigan and the sky is so overcast I can not even SEE the moon :tantrum:

Been waiting for this for weeks...I am PO'D :steamed:

So glad we awoke at 2 AM and went outdoors to see the lunar eclipse.
The moon was a color I don't ever remember seeing before.
It really was a reddish pink and gorgeous. Not " blood" colored at all, just pink toned. I live in an area with no street lamps or street traffic, very rural and with little pollution, so I think our views were clear and crisp.
I'm so glad it wasn't the color shown on some websites. It was so pretty. :)

I hope the stories of doom and gloom associated with this natural phenomenon are wrong, of course.

Holy cow, not only are we gonna have cloud cover, we may have ? snow ? Hello, it's APRIL FGS...

I saw it last night, I thought it was beautiful. Of course, I didn't take pictures...LOL

We had cloud coverage her in MO, but it broke up enough to see the beautiful eclipse. I am glad I set the alarm for it.

On Monday morning at 5am I let the dog out and saw a beautiful pinkish full moon. I wasn't paying attention to the dates and so I thought that it must be the "blood moon" that I heard was coming. When I came in and checked the internet I realized that the "blood moon" event was not until Monday night/Tuesday morning. SO that was weird because the moon I saw Monday morning was also pink. I am happy that at least I got to see that though because the clouds rolled in Monday evening here and I even though I set my alarm for 2, 3 and 4 am, I saw nothing! :(

Three inches of snow here tonight, with the dogwoods and Redbuds in full bloom. :(

So yeah, I misread everything...LOL. I'm flying tonight. Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

They have great significance to the Jews and Israel.

There was a blood moon in 1493, when Tomas de Torquemada, the first Spanish Inquisitor, began slaughtering Jews.

There was a blood moon on the eve of Israel’s declaration of independence in 1948, and within 24 hours five Arab nations went to war against her, to wipe her off the face of the earth.

And a blood moon coincided with the Six Day War in 1967, when Israel liberated Jerusalem; Jews were able to return to Jerusalem after 2000 years of Exile.

General Edmund Allenby got down off his horse, and entered the Old City on foot through the Jaffa Gate (the Wailing Wall) to show respect for the holy city. He was the first Christian in many centuries to control Jerusalem

“I will set wonders in the heavens and the earth: blood and fire and pillars of smoke; the sun will turn to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and awesome Day of God” (Joel 3:3).

After being in the 70's Sunday and 60's yesterday it is now SNOWING in Michigan and the sky is so overcast I can not even SEE the moon :tantrum:

Been waiting for this for weeks...I am PO'D :steamed:

-------
Hi, I'm right up there with you! More clouds on tap for tonight. Snowing all day!!!:tantrum:

They have great significance to the Jews and Israel.

There was a blood moon in 1493, when Tomas de Torquemada, the first Spanish Inquisitor, began slaughtering Jews.

There was a blood moon on the eve of Israel’s declaration of independence in 1948, and within 24 hours five Arab nations went to war against her, to wipe her off the face of the earth.

And a blood moon coincided with the Six Day War in 1967, when Israel liberated Jerusalem; Jews were able to return to Jerusalem after 2000 years of Exile.

General Edmund Allenby got down off his horse, and entered the Old City on foot through the Jaffa Gate (the Wailing Wall) to show respect for the holy city. He was the first Christian in many centuries to control Jerusalem

“I will set wonders in the heavens and the earth: blood and fire and pillars of smoke; the sun will turn to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and awesome Day of God” (Joel 3:3).

----------

Hi I like, my grandma was a great one at prophecy. I witnessed a huge aurora boriealis (sp) .I called my grandma outside, we saw a cross form around the moon. grandma said Oh no there will be a war! Summer of 1941.:seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back