Deceased/Not Found HI - Peter 'Peter Boy' Kema, 6, Honolulu, 11 Sept 1997 *P. & J. Kema guilty*

What a horror story. I wonder how old the sister is? Surely they can do more than nothing!

Peter Kema Jr., whose disappearance has remained a mystery since 1997 but is under renewed scrutiny, had a tragic childhood of abuse, humiliation and torture by his father, the confidential case files reveal.

The sister reported seeing Peter Boy punched, forced to eat dog feces, tied in chains and rope, and placed naked in a garbage can by his father.

She gave the information to a clinical psychologist for the state in June 1998. That was five months after the boy was reported missing to police — and nearly a year after the father reported he gave the 6-year-old boy away to a family friend.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8052151

How awful. It seems the justice social services really failed this little boy. I would think that they woudl go back and speak to the sister again - she is older now and I would think she would remember more...

Peter Boy would be fourteen now. It says the two older sisters were placed back in the home the year Peter went missing. It doesn't say whatever happened to the younger sister. I wonder if the younger one was ever removed? If the information came from the younger one, they may not consider it reliable, although now that she is older, they may be more willing to listen to her. Maybe that is why they are working one the case again. I wish none of the girls were at home. If the parents figure out which one spoke, that may be the end of her.

This is outrageous. If Hawaii LE can't confirm that Peter was given away to this woman, then they should begin investigating his disappearance as a possible murder.

After a year of unanswered questions, a team of child-welfare advocates said in an April 1998 report that they believed the parents of child abuse victim Peter Boy Kema may have been responsible for his disappearance.

The report is the first official document made available to the public in which Peter Boy's case workers indicate the missing child may have been harmed by his parents, Peter Sr. and Jaylin Kema.

It stated that while the siblings "appear healthy and unharmed, it might be prudent to remember that their brother is missing and the parents seem to be the perpetrators of this."

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Jun/06/ln/ln03p.html

I was a foster mother for 15 years. It isn't at all unusual for parents to abuse one child and make him or her the scapegoat while the others are healthy and unharmed.

CaliKid said:
I was a foster mother for 15 years. It isn't at all unusual for parents to abuse one child and make him or her the scapegoat while the others are healthy and unharmed.

There's a trilogy of books written by Dave Pelzer that was the worst case of child abuse in California. I think it was California anyway.

The titles are: A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive, The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family, and A Man Called Dave: A Story of Triump and Forgiveness.

It details abuse that happened to him and I guarantee you if you choose to read them you will next at least one box of tissues. He was the only one out of his family tormented until he was removed from the home. Then his mother moved on to abuse another child.

My hat is off to you CaliKid for trying to help these poor children. After reading the second of Dave's books, I appreciated foster parents even more.

The Big Island attorney who represents the mother of Peter Boy Kema said nothing in the missing child's recently opened confidential case implicates his client in any crime.

Harry Eliason said the child's mother, Jaylin Kema, is a victim of "guilt by association."

"There is no allegation that my client did anything wrong," Eliason said last week. "Somehow or another, it's implied that mom did something. There is not one piece of evidence to indicate mom did anything harmful to that child."

Jaylin Kema was troubled by the state Department of Human Services' recent release of 2,000 pages of records involving Peter Boy because it reopened old wounds, Eliason said.

But the disclosure that her youngest child told a psychologist that she saw Peter Boy's dead body was both disturbing and a surprise, Eliason said.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Jun/13/ln/ln03p.html

I read that the pther children on the home were later removed from it afterallegations of sexual abuse.

This little guy was adorable!

Wow, his picture looks a lot like one of my son's friends (well, like his friend probably looked as a small child, since he's a teen now).

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=4845754

(KHNL) - Peter Boy Kema would turn 15 years old Monday (5/1).
He's been missing from the Big Island since 1997 when his dad claims he gave him to a woman named Auntie Rose Makuakane.
Six years ago Big Island police wrapped up their investigation and referred the case to prosecutors.
KHNL News 8 has learned Hawaii police named Jaylin and Peter Kema, Peter Boy's parents as the prime suspects.

Nothing has changed since then. Peter Boy's grandparents continue to demand justice in this case.
Home video of Peter Boy shows happier times. At just three years old he sings, "You are my sunshine you make me happy when skies are gray. "
Today, Peter Boy would be 15 years old.
Grandmother Yolanda Acol says, "We just celebrate his birthday by lighting a candle."

What did LE do after they named the parents as suspects....nothing? When a child disappears and no one can find it there there is cause to investigate. If that father says he gave the boy to someone then he should be able to prove it. If he can't prove it then he must be lying.

The attorney said the mother had no part in the boy missing. Well, she lived in the home and if that boy was abused there is no way that she didn't know about it. What did she do...just let it happen. She is as guilty as her husband if she did nothing and she knew what was going on.

I hope that LE do their job now after all of this time and they get a full fledged investigation going. Chances are the boy is dead...by his dad's hand.
This boy deserves justice whether he is dead or alive. His parents deserve to be punished for what they did to him.

I agree Bobbisangel. You dont just wake up one day to find one of your kids has been given away and go along with it. Very suspicious and awful that both parents have gotten away with this.

I've read the entire DHS file and I'll say this: I'd convict the father right now. I haven't even read the police file -- that's not been released -- but from the DHS file I'd send him up for life, right here, right now.

Wow. Hopefully if he does get away with it forever in his lifetime karma will work its wonderful ways instead...

I've read the entire DHS file and I'll say this: I'd convict the father right now. I haven't even read the police file -- that's not been released -- but from the DHS file I'd send him up for life, right here, right now.

Do you have a link for the file? The one on the website wouldn't work for me. Thanks.

Doobiebear, I read all of Pelzer's books. I can't believe that his mother got away with that torture for all those years. What breaks my heart is that abuse is going on right now for many children that we don't know about, and may not find out about for many years. Just breaks my heart.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kema_peter.html

Peter's Charley Project casefile for those who do not want to read the DHS file. All the essential info from the DHS file is there, I believe.

I think this paragraph sums it all up:

Peter Jr.'s siblings were interviewed by social workers in 1998 and they stated that they had all been abused and Peter Jr. most all. The children stated that was "sick a lot" before his disappearance and and his parents would not let him go to school or play with other children. (He had been enrolled in a preschool for a matter of days but was absent so frequently that he was discharged from enrollment.) Peter Jr. was allegedly beaten frequently and shot with a pellet gun at least once, often handcuffed or tied up with rope, and locked in the trunk of his parents' car and covered with blankets whenever the family went on outings. Devalynn also related incidents in which Peter Jr. was thrown out of a window and put in a trash can, and one of their cousins stated he had seen Peter Jr. being forced to eat dog feces. Chauntelle and Allan told their foster parents that their brother was often made to sleep outside without any covers, and when he slept inside he was usually tied to a bed or made to sleep on the floor in the hallway or bathroom. They stated that he was not fed very often or given adequate medical care and when he did get food, he had to eat it on the floor.

What I find somewhat interesting is that Peter Jr. got the worst of all of this from his father. I've heard it said that child abuse is more likely to happen with stepchildren -- that is, with Peter's older half-siblings, Chauntelle and Alan -- than with biological children. Yet Peter Sr. by all accounts saved the worst of his rage for his own biological son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back