Found Deceased CO - Julia Netzler, 52, El Paso County, 1 April 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Julia Netzler
Julia-Netzler-jpg.jpg

Search for missing El Paso County woman -

52 year old Julia Netzler was last seen on the morning of April 1, 2014. Her husband says she got out of bed at 5:00 a.m. He went to check on her an hour later and she was gone. Investigators say nothing at the scene suggests her disappearance involved foul play. However, she left her purse, wallet, cell phone and other items behind. Investigators say she also left her medication and did not pack any clothes.

http://www.krdo.com/news/search-for-missing-el-paso-county-woman/25524044

I think her husband should check with her doctor (if he is on the list to be shared info) and see if she recently had a cancer diagnosis . . .unless she has a known depression or other mental condition, because the way things were left behind suggests either runaway or suicide and due to her leaving the meds behind I am thinking maybe suicide.. . . unless womens shelters make you leave your meds behind when checking in.

With the recent snow and cold weather Since April 1st, I am surprised that the public was not aware of Julia missing until now. I wonder if there were any searches during this time period?
IMOO.

I'm not making any accusations, but the story does sound kind of....hmmm..?

I'm not making any accusations, but the story does sound kind of....hmmm..?
I too have questions but until MSM says something quoted from LE about them being suspicious I can't really say much. I just hope they did the homework of checking the story from the husband to be sure it is so. I wonder who outside the husband saw her last and when?

If the husband's story is true then my previous post is about all I can think of for the moment.

Something doesn't add up. She left her purse and wallet behind and how often do women do that? I wonder if she was a jogger/runner? Only reason I can think of offhand as to why I'd leave mine at home. I mean, she is even wearing her purse in the photo above. Hope she's found safe.

Something doesn't add up. She left her purse and wallet behind and how often do women do that? I wonder if she was a jogger/runner? Only reason I can think of offhand as to why I'd leave mine at home. I mean, she is even wearing her purse in the photo above. Hope she's found safe.
My time reading cases here at websleuths has taught me that the things she left behind are consistent with runaway or suicide. Happens more often than you might think. I wish it didn't. But also when a spouse goes missing it is important to look closely at the remaining spouse if one exists because even if most adult missing persons are voluntary when foul play happens it is often a close family member responsible.

I found that quite....interesting to say the very least. I do hope she's found safe.

My time reading cases here at websleuths has taught me that the things she left behind are consistent with runaway or suicide. Happens more often than you might think. I wish it didn't. But also when a spouse goes missing it is important to look closely at the remaining spouse if one exists because even if most adult missing persons are voluntary when foul play happens it is often a close family member responsible.

And the latter is what I'm thinking. Has anyone found a SM page for her? I looked but had no luck.

http://land.elpasoco.com/SearchResu...irstname=&street=&type=&dir=&from=0&to=999999

Property records show that Julia lives at 115 Security Blvd.

I saw on the Google Map (Image date from August 2011), that the Paradise Learning Center is at 121 Security Blvd, and the hours of operation on that sign for the business is from 6am through 6pm. It looks to be affiliated with the Israelite Church of God in Christ. There is also a Multi-Purpose Center as well.
If the hours of operation for that learning center is still current, perhaps Julia was picked up by someone dropping off their child ?
I also found this link:
http://www.bizfind.us/6/80936/paradise-day-care-ctr/colorado-springs.aspx

I wonder if Julia took her house keys?
I understand the family cars are not missing, and I wonder if the house keys are attached to her car keys?
If her house keys are missing, perhaps she was going to return at some point?
IMOO.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Investigators-Ask-For-Help-FInding-Missing-Woman-255580971.html

Interesting comment below the article.
It sounds like this person knows Julia or the family.
I wonder why LE did not release this information about Julia until recently?
Was LE investigating the people closest to Julia?
Why not immediately reveal that Julia is missing? Were they not concerned
about the welfare of Julia and Others, incase she was kidnapped? Or a kidnapper on the loose?
There seems to be more to this story, because the bits of information are not adding
up, except if you add up the missing timeline of Julia being missing on April 1st and the public gets that information 2 weeks later, it does seem like they were investigating behind the scenes.
And now, in this article, investigators are asking for people's help.
People's memories would be fresher at the time of Julia's disappearance.
And this comment under the article, if true, might make one suspicious of the people closest to her, in my opinion.
Why take so long to tell people that Julia is missing?
I am looking at All the angles to come up with a plausible reason for julia being missing
at that time period. If she did not work, then where is she?
Who took Julia, and why? Or did she leave on her own?
IMOO.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Investigators-Ask-For-Help-FInding-Missing-Woman-255580971.html

Interesting comment below the article.
It sounds like this person knows Julia or the family.

RSBM

I noticed that comment last night around 11pm. Sounds like it is a family member to me. And I'm thinking that there is definitely foul play involved here. LE needs to take another look. Because it doesn't make sense. Where would she go at 5am, leaving her purse? Someone posted a property link yesterday and I noticed some strange things with that as well over the last dozen years. I want to know WHEN the husband reported her missing to police. And then I'd like to know WHY other family members weren't notified that she was missing.

http://news.elpasoco.com/Pages/default.aspx?Department=Sheriff

"4/16/14 7:15 PM"
"On April 1, 2014, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office began a missing person investigation regarding the disappearance of 52 year old Julia Netzler of the Security/Widefield area."

From this link, there was a missing person investigation started on April 1st for Julia, which is shrouded in mystery as to why it wasn't announced publicly then.
IMOO.

http://news.elpasoco.com/Pages/default.aspx?Department=Sheriff

"4/16/14 7:15 PM"
"On April 1, 2014, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office began a missing person investigation regarding the disappearance of 52 year old Julia Netzler of the Security/Widefield area."

From this link, there was a missing person investigation started on April 1st for Julia, which is shrouded in mystery as to why it wasn't announced publicly then.
IMOO.

I don't mean this to be snide or scarcastic, or to criticize anybody involved, but I have a question.

Let's say I go missing and although my family has reported my disappearance to the police, they've asked that it be kept quiet. If LE determines that I'm not a danger to myself or others, suffering from some health issue or whatever, would they abide by that request? Maybe the family thinks there are good reasons to keep my disappearance quiet, but wouldn't the police be the ones to make that decision?

There seems to be a surprising number of cases recently where someone has been gone for weeks, even months, before notice goes out to the media. Is it just a matter of LE not taking it seriously? Or the media? Or the families or LE wanting it kept below the radar? Just trying to make sense of it all.

I don't mean this to be snide or scarcastic, or to criticize anybody involved, but I have a question.

Let's say I go missing and although my family has reported my disappearance to the police, they've asked that it be kept quiet. If LE determines that I'm not a danger to myself or others, suffering from some health issue or whatever, would they abide by that request? Maybe the family thinks there are good reasons to keep my disappearance quiet, but wouldn't the police be the ones to make that decision?

There seems to be a surprising number of cases recently where someone has been gone for weeks, even months, before notice goes out to the media. Is it just a matter of LE not taking it seriously? Or the media? Or the families or LE wanting it kept below the radar? Just trying to make sense of it all.

I'm really glad that you wrote this. In my experiences since I've been here, I've come to learn that most of the time there's a calculated method to the madness of LE, so to speak. In other words, they often know much more than we do. I certainly hope that that's the case for our missing young lady here.

What is interesting to note is that Danielle Hyde went missing (of which there was a thread for her on websleuths) on March 30th shortly after 1pm, and on March 31st at 9:30am the sheriff's office posts this on their website about Danielle:
http://news.elpasoco.com/Pages/default.aspx?ReleaseID=1408

"The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the disappearance of 23 year old Danielle Hyde of Eastern El Paso County."

Danielle was found , as she went to Denver on her own.
What makes Julia's case different than Danielle's? There has to be more to this, than what LE has divulged, in my opinion.
Julia is still missing.Why wait a couple weeks? That's the question many seem to ask.
IMOO.

No luck finding any SM on Julia. But did find her daughter who says that Robinson is her maiden name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back