Dark Minds Episode on the LISK airing 4/23

TobyTera

Reaction score
Dark Minds on ID is doing an episode the LISK next Wednesday, April 23rd at 10pm. I thought I would start a thread to remind everyone it's airing and afterwards we can discuss our thoughts in this thread.

From what I could see from the short preview clip when I was watching last weeks episode, Dormer is one of the people they interviewed.

Hoping this episode focuses on the confirmed kills, and not just on Shannan Gilbert like most of the shows that have covered the LISK. I get it that she's important to this case but sometimes feel the unknowns about her dominate coverage over the other victims.

Man, that M. William Phelps is such a ham. It's said that his frosted tips have secret serial killer seeking powers...

It´s not only the 23 April.

There are reruns of the program April: 24 and April 26

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/tv-schedule.htm

WEDNESDAY APRIL 23
9:00 PM
60 MIN.

Long Island Serial Killer
TV-14

The discovery of a naked woman’s body on Ocean Parkway in 2011 was just the beginning. How many women has the Long Island Serial Killer brutalized and murdered? The Dark Minds team is hot on the trial, looking for clues in order to stop this madman.

(TF comment: it was in (Dec 11th) 2010 the first body was found NOT 2011.
Incredible that Phelps can´t get such a basic piece of information right)

FYI for people that watch the show. I have read that '13' was Joel Rifkin and 'Raven' is Keith Jesperson. Can't confirm this but it's posted in several places on the web.

I've also heard that 13 was Joel Rifkin. one of the reasons I'm curious about this case being featured on Dark Minds because Rifkin also killed in Long Island. I don't think he's the LISK but his insight could be interesting.

I know Phelps has been talking to Raven lately but he seems to switch between the two depending on the case.

It´s not only the 23 April.

There are reruns of the program April: 24 and April 26

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/tv-schedule.htm

WEDNESDAY APRIL 23
9:00 PM
60 MIN.

Long Island Serial Killer
TV-14

The discovery of a naked woman’s body on Ocean Parkway in 2011 was just the beginning. How many women has the Long Island Serial Killer brutalized and murdered? The Dark Minds team is hot on the trial, looking for clues in order to stop this madman.

(TF comment: it was in (Dec 11th) 2010 the first body was found NOT 2011.
Incredible that Phelps can´t get such a basic piece of information right)

Good, because I will be star gazing the 23rd. The meteor shower is supposed to be spectacular!

I've also heard that 13 was Joel Rifkin. one of the reasons I'm curious about this case being featured on Dark Minds because Rifkin also killed in Long Island. I don't think he's the LISK but his insight could be interesting.

I know Phelps has been talking to Raven lately but he seems to switch between the two depending on the case.

Interesting. A quick google of Joel Rifikin led me to the LISK Wikipedia site, which has an interesting bit of info:

Some have speculated that serial killer and former Long Island resident Joel Rifkin may have been responsible for some of the older remains found in March and April 2011, as four of his victims' bodies were never found.
Long Island serial killer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He denied having anything to do with the remains. Is the general consensus among WS LISK watchers that he's telling the truth?

Weird to think that the LISK is more than likely sitting somewhere right now watching this new coverage air. I think he's obsessed with any media attention his kills get.

The remains of a mother and a toddler???? WTH!! And never been identified????

I haven't watched it yet, but does Phelps spend several moments walking around asking himself questions? He always does that.

I kid. The guy is doing a service by shedding light on these cases, but he's so easy to poke fun at.

I only saw the last part of the show, but it seems the "incognito" person believes the killer is a detail-oriented, computer-savvy auto mechanic who relocated his business (from Ocean Pkwy) after the GB4 were found.

I feel as if I must have missed something more.

After watching, this was the first time I heard about "time out dolls" being placed at the memorial sites. Anyone ever heard the theory of the dolls before? Or know that the dolls were even placed at the memorial sites? How freaky.

Is this the first time that he was possibly named as a mechanic? Emphasis on the mechanic, because it's speculation.

I only saw the last part of the show, but it seems the "incognito" person believes the killer is a detail-oriented, computer-savvy auto mechanic who relocated his business (from Ocean Pkwy) after the GB4 were found.

I feel as if I must have missed something more.

The incognito person was saying they had an idea of a suspect. They were a LI native and talked about a local mechanic who is very organized in his shop every nut and bolt is in place, he's detail oriented, and good with computers. Speaks in a calm, cool voice like Melissa's sister described.

She said his demenor changed when the bodies were found. He moved locations of his shop, he got irritated with customers and lashed out being rude, his work suffered and he slacked on the type of mechanic work he would put out for customers.

Apparently dolls called "time out dolls" (a google search reveals some info on them--haven't done much research yet tho) but they were placed at the scene of the memorials on Ocean Parkway and then quickly removed the morning after. Incognito says she's seen similar dolls in Mechanics house.

In my google search I read these dolls are often found at craft shows or at auto shows to show them peaking under the hoods of cars to mimic a mechanic fixing the car.

Honestly, it's the first time I heard the detail of the dolls. Dark Minds showed a picture of the dolls draped over some of the crosses...I remember one was Amber's. If the episode pops up online I can screencap it.

I'm still not convinced incognito is an actual person and not an undercover from investigators dropping hints because they know the killer was probably watching. This case gets very little news coverage anymore. I know Phelps is a clown but at least he shines light on cold cases. It's been a few years since the bodies were found and there have been no new confirmed kills. It's basically cold. We know investigators keeps certain facts about the case hidden so the killer can confirm them later on if caught, I can't help but think law enforcement dropped the hint about the dolls to try to spark new leads. The dolls are odd, maybe someone recognizes them.

I think the dolls are probably bagged sitting somewhere in an evidence box as of now.

Also I thought it was great that they connected Jessica Taylor to the LISK first thing. She is often lost in the mix of this but to me she is so important to this investigation because she confirms the Manorville and Gilgo Beach connect since her body parts were found in both locations.

I personally think the killer used both locations as dump sites. I think the dismembering in the beginning at Manorville and Fire Island was him experimenting. Then he realized he didn't need to go to those lengths to hide a body nobody was discovering them anyway. There was less clean up leaving the bodies intact and he felt confident....until his Gilgo bodies were discovered of course.

Weird to think that the LISK is more than likely sitting somewhere right now watching this new coverage air. I think he's obsessed with any media attention his kills get.

Pretty sure he's also reading everything we have to say.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

After watching, this was the first time I heard about "time out dolls" being placed at the memorial sites. Anyone ever heard the theory of the dolls before? Or know that the dolls were even placed at the memorial sites? How freaky.

I have heard about this. And if you go way way back in threads here it has been talked about.

On WS here someone actually brought it up and MBB's sister asked for people not to discuss the dolls. It stood out to me when I read it at the time because I never heard any more about it and no one talked about it any more. And I wasn't here at the time those post were made so I don't know if I missed any deleted post or anything so I've always wanted to know more myself.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back