FL - Marco Uti, 2, beaten to death, Miami Beach, 7 May 2000

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Claudychel Leyva hit the toddler so hard he split the boy's liver in two, and ripped the boy's lips from his gums. He scalded the child and even bit him. He cracked the boy's skull against a wall.

Testifying before a Miami-Dade jury in his first-degree murder trial Tuesday, Leyva admitted it all -- but said he didn't mean it.

''I'm telling you I killed the baby. I'm not denying this. But I didn't intend to hurt him,'' Leyva said

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/11783480.htm

:waitasec: Let me get this straight ... He thought he was doing a good thing by trying to revive the toddler and accidentally killed him? :razz:

But, he really didn't intend to kill him because he really thought that he was already dead. :confused:

I swear we need a chasing our tails icon.

If you go to the link and press more photos you will see more than you would ever wish to. :sick:

golfmom said:
If you go to the link and press more photos you will see more than you would ever wish to. :sick:

:eek: :behindbar
:doh: I never listen, but this one time I wish I had.

mysteriew said:

I was shocked ... I mean I have NEVER seen a reputable newsite display a picture like that. :(

''There is absolutely, positively no evidence in this case of premeditation,'' Fink said.

So, a person who beats a child to death plans it first?

Let's test the guys theory...we'll wait for him to go to sleep and then do to him what he did to the child...just to see if we get a response!

mysteriew said:
oh god, I agree.
Why did i click that.

Please don't click the link!!! It shows a picture of the dead little baby :(

golfmom said:
I was shocked ... I mean I have NEVER seen a reputable newsite display a picture like that. :(
I am calling them.
They should not print that.

1986 said:
''There is absolutely, positively no evidence in this case of premeditation,'' Fink said.

So, a person who beats a child to death plans it first?

Let's test the guys theory...we'll wait for him to go to sleep and then do to him what he did to the child...just to see if we get a response!

I enjoy scientific studies of this nature. Do you think if we submit the results to a science fair we could win first prize?

golfmom said:
I enjoy scientific studies of this nature. Do you think if we submit the results to a science fair we could win first prize?
Sure! In fact, I bet we could do a comparitive study on whether the "Eye For An Eye" punishment decreases the number of child deaths by adults.

1986 said:
Sure! In fact, I bet we could do a comparitive study on whether the "Eye For An Eye" punishment decreases the number of child deaths by adults.

Do you think this study might be applicable for those baby rapists as well?
Just a thought . . .

His attorney is trying to get the jury to decide that there was no "intent" therefore, it can't be first degree murder, so the jury (if they're able) must convict him of a lesser charge. Very smart on his part, but I don't think the jury will buy it.

Jeana (DP) said:
His attorney is trying to get the jury to decide that there was no "intent" therefore, it can't be first degree murder, so the jury (if they're able) must convict him of a lesser charge. Very smart on his part, but I don't think the jury will buy it.

Hell, I don't buy it and I'm way over here. I don't think they will after viewing that one small picture. Can you imagine a screen shot of that one?

golfmom said:
Hell, I don't buy it and I'm way over here. I don't think they will after viewing that one small picture. Can you imagine a screen shot of that one?

You have to admit though, its different. The dude took the stand and admitted what he did. How many guilty defendants would we have LOVED to get that much out of??? I don't think it will sway this jury the way he wants. In fact, it may even piss some of them off even more! However, his attorney knew his goose was cooked and they're now trying to save his life.

Jeana (DP) said:
You have to admit though, its different. The dude took the stand and admitted what he did. How many guilty defendants would we have LOVED to get that much out of??? I don't think it will sway this jury the way he wants. In fact, it may even piss some of them off even more! However, his attorney knew his goose was cooked and they're now trying to save his life.

It must be a new defense trend. We just saw it in the case where the guy through the girl at the radiator.

I wonder if Jerry Hobbs will try that one, my knife slipped and oops . . .
:furious:

golfmom said:
Do you think this study might be applicable for those baby rapists as well?
Just a thought . . .
Absolutely. First we have to explain to the creeps how we will be finding a suitable substitute for cowardly, freakish baby-rapists. Then we just find a giant gorilla, spray a little gorilla musk on the baby-rapists and let nature take its course.

1986 said:
Absolutely. First we have to explain to the creeps how we will be finding a suitable substitute for cowardly, freakish baby-rapists. Then we just find a giant gorilla, spray a little gorilla musk on the baby-rapists and let nature take its course.

hmmmmm gorilla musk . . .

After we finish our studies, we should consider going into business marketing gorilla musk to LE personnel. I bet they'd jump at the chance to exact such sweeeeeetttt justice.
:blowkiss:

A Miami-Dade jury on Thursday convicted Claudychel Leyva of first-degree murder in the beating death of a toddler five years ago, rejecting his claim that he inadvertently killed his girlfriend's son while trying to revive him.

But that was only part of the punishment for Leyva, 26, who faces a mandatory life sentence.

Minutes after the circuit court verdict was read, the boy's mother was allowed to unleash her hatred.

In an emotional outburst that stunned the courtroom, Gracia Jimenez screamed a barrage of insults and profanities at Leyva, who focused his eyes on the floor.

''Why did you do this to me?'' Jimenez asked her former boyfriend, whom she had allowed to care for her 2 ½-year-old son, Marko Uti. The boy's body was found inside a dumpster.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/local/11801768.htm

:razz: The flippin' attorney should be tested to see if he's human by ...

kicking; punching; breaking bones; burning; and cutting hair

if he reacts then we'll know he's really alive, if he doesn't then we know he's an attorney.

I liked how this mother really let loose on him. No "civilized" behavior from her, she let him have it in terms he could understand and could not ignore. I am glad she got the opportunity. It won't help her much, but at least she has the satisfaction of knowing that he knows how she feels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back