CA CA - William Myers, 29, Point Reyes, 9 Jun 2003

FigTree

Reaction score
Myers was last seen in Marin County - Point Reyes California.

picture.php

Name: William Carl Meyers
Missing: from Point Reyes-Marin County, California
Date: 9th June 2003
Height: 6 foot 2 inches (1.87 metres) (74 inches)
Weight: 275 pounds (124kg)

I can find little (no) information on William.
I heard his mother on a radio show mention that he was missing - she sounded like she would like some answers - she has none. She had given the report to the Police and National Parks - she mentioned he had gone missing from Point Reyes.
If anyone has any further information to add for this poor Missing person - please add.

Sources: Charlie Project
California Missing
Radio podcast - Youtube - David Paulides Strange Disappearances2014 (new) [documentary]

William is not listed in NAMUS, which would make it unlikely to find a match to him through dentals and DNA with an UID in the database, if that was the case.
:(

Just adding what information I can find presently about the case:

From Youtube radio interview: 54:30 app time line
David Paulides Strange Disappearances2014 (new) [documentary]

William went missing form the Point Reyes Seashore National Park.
His van was left with the keys still in it.
His mother said that they (officials?) kept telling her he had drowned, but she doesn't believe that because William's wetsuit was still in his van.
Williams body has never been found.
-----

At the time of the radio interview (which I believe was September 2013) Williams mother was offered help to obtain the original Missing Person Report documents from the National Parks Service about Williams case.

This is an assumption on my behalf, but I am wondering if William Myers is from Hawaii or has Hawaiian heritage - as his mother was calling from Hawaii, and his profile picture made me think he had mixed ancestry.

I have made some inquiries to try and get some further information regarding William Myers, but so far I have had no replies :(

If anyone has any further information regarding the circumstances around his disappearance or can add to his personal profile data, please post :)

Back to looking through NAMUS UID's ...

:happydance::gaah:
I have made some inquiries to try and get some further information regarding William Myers, but so far I have had no replies :(

If anyone has any further information regarding the circumstances around his disappearance or can add to his personal profile data, please post :)

Back to looking through NAMUS UID's ...

I saw Bill Myers the day before he disappeared, he came over to my house in San Geronimo, CA. to pick up his surfboard that he had left with me for about a month or so. He visited me a few times and I gave him food and a place to sleep.

He was acting extremely strange and I had to tell him he was no longer allowed to just come over without calling.

My concern was that he would scare my daughter or others at my house with his very strange behavior.

A few weeks had passed after I saw him and I herd through some mutual friends that there were signs posted at Powlo Marin trail head out in the Point Reyes Bird Observatory area indicating he was missing...

I didn't think to much about it because I didn't know the full story as to what the circumstances were?

a few months passed and I was out in West Marin surfing and I happened to see at the Bolinas Store and sign that showed a picture of Bill and it said missing with a phone number...

I called the number and I guess it was his girl friend

She didn't know anything except that he was gone and his van was found abandoned in the parking lot.

As time went on I was explaining the story to another surfer friend "Chad" Previous owner to Fat Kat Surf Shop in Fairfax, CA. and lo and behold he told me that he was out at Powlo Marin the day before Bill disappeared and that He witnessed The GGNRA Park Rangers were detaining Bill for what appeared to be a Marijuana possession charge.

Chad had mentioned that Bill was sitting on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind his back, while the officer/s were searching his van.

The reason I am writing this is because I recently went to Powlo Marin to check the surf (go surfing) and I thought about him and put his name in the computer.

I have always wondered what happen to him and I have a strange feeling that foul play was involved...

God Bless You Bill Myers

WOW - thank-you SO much Bill May for the information you have posted for William on his thread.

I know when I heard his mother on the radio, something told me his missing status still haunted her.
Her confusion about what happened to her son - she had questions - and she was still wanting answers.

I had to look this up - The GGNRA Park Rangers are: The Golden Gate National Recreation Area Park Rangers.

Was the information about William reported to the Police?

I have so many questions now...
Please don't feel obligated to answer - I was looking through some of the Unidentified databases and trying to see if William may have been found but was not identified.
Any that I have come across I will post below.

He visited me a few times and I gave him food and a place to sleep.
Was William homeless at the time - or was he 'couch surfing' at peoples places (like he did with you)?

Was Williams surfboard also missing?
Can you describe his surfboard and brand?

Could William identify with being Hispanic, Hawaiian, Asian, or was he very tanned?
Or would you say he would be definitely described as being white?

Did William have any tattoo's?
Was there anything distinguished about William?
Did William wear a watch? or jewelry of any kind?
Did Chad (by some chance) mention what William was wearing when he saw him?

Thank-you in advance.

I will keep searching the databases to see what I can find, and post anything even remotely possible.

From Bill Mays post:

A few weeks had passed after I saw him and I herd through some mutual friends that there were signs posted at Powlo Marin trail head out in the Point Reyes Bird Observatory area indicating he was missing...

Google Map screenshot of the area where William Myers went missing and where the posters were seen for William:

attachment.php

Sorry, just another question Bill May, if you could...

Do you think that the profile data listed for William is correct...
His height is right, his eye colour, his weight?

Its just that there is a UID that looks very similar to William. but the physical profile comparison between William and the UID are out quite a bit, I wondered if there may be some discrepancies with either profile.

Did William look like this when you saw him before he disappeared?

attachment.php

Recap of William Carl Myers Profile:

Name: William Carl Meyers
Missing: from Beach Carpark at Point Reyes - Marin County, California
Date Reported Missing: 9th June 2003
Age at Disappearance: 28 years old (2003)
Height: 6 foot 2 inches (1.87 metres) (74 inches)
Weight: 275 pounds (124kg)
Hair Colour: Brown
Eyes colour: Hazel
William is described as: Caucasian

:tyou: in Advance.

I have contacted NAMUS with the intention and hope that William Myers can have a Missing Person's profile page.
If I hear anything back from them, I will post, more importantly - if we can keep an eye out for him on the NAMUS site.
I hope William gets his own page soon.

Bill May,
I wanted to add to my post under yours, but the edit time has run out ...

I'm so sorry that yo never saw William again and that you lost a friend that day.
A very hard thing to come to terms with - especially that he has never been found.
I'm heart warmed that when you went to the beach where he went missing that you thought of William and then looked him up on the computer, and came here.
You may have thrown a small pebble into a big pond for your friend.
Thank-you for sharing what you did.

Sorry, just another question Bill May, if you could... Do you think that the profile data listed for William is correct... His height is right, his eye colour, his weight? Its just that there is a UID that looks very similar to William. but the physical profile comparison between William and the UID are out quite a bit, I wondered if there may be some discrepancies with either profile. Did William look like this when you saw him before he disappeared?
attachment.php
Recap of William Carl Myers Profile: Name: William Carl Meyers Missing: from Beach Carpark at Point Reyes - Marin County, California Date Reported Missing: 9th June 2003 Age at Disappearance: 28 years old (2003) Height: 6 foot 2 inches (1.87 metres) (74 inches) Weight: 275 pounds (124kg) Hair Colour: Brown Eyes colour: Hazel William is described as: Caucasian :tyou: in Advance.

I'm his mother April and Bill was homeless, living in his Volkswagon van his grandmother bought for him.

On the list from forest service police of things that were in his van was his wetsuit, all his identification, his artwork, the keys and the windows were rolled down. Nobody notified me that he was missing and his van and all his things were sold without my knowledge.

My girlfriend from Marin county contacted me that she had seen a missing poster, that's the only way I found out. I didn't find out until March 2004 that my son was missing. I contacted his social worker in Marin county and spoke with her. I got a copy of the report from the forest service police.

He's not of Hawaiian descent. White. No tattoos. I don't know what kind of jewelry or if he had a watch when he disappeared.

To user "Fig Tree" can you give me more information about the person who looks similar to him?

I have no computer right now so I might take a while to answer questions.

* sorry for getting back to you so late... I happen to think of him again and look him up online just to see if anything might have been discovered.

YES
The descriptions of William are correct he is a white male about 250 lbs and say around 6'2'feet tall he had no tattoos, did not wear a watch and was living out of his van. He had just arrived back from visiting Hawaii and was back in Marin County. His unusual behavior at the time was explained through friends to me and that he was on medication and had not been taking them... this is why he was acting strange... on top of that he was smoking Cannabis and from what I was told it makes you act much different then normal....

I too want to know if his surfboard was left in the van?

If need be I do have a picture of him with the surfboard some where in one of my photo albums...
I think it was a 7'6" Pierson Arrow with a pink logo on it and a pink "nose guard" tip on the nose.

I called the park rangers office a few years ago after some one told me about the missing 411 show and that Bill Myers mom was on the show with questions. I was shocked to hear my friend tell me about this book/ show on NPR and the women calling in.... I told my friend ( neighbor) that I knew of Bill and she looked shocked as well that I knew of him... I then called the GGNRA main office in Point Reyes and put my query in and ended up talking to a ranger who dismissed the case as a unsolved drowning??? I didn't think to report it to police because I thought they were the police... since he went missing on federal land?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back