GUILTY Australia - Savannah, 4 & Indianna Mihayo, 3, smothered, Watsonia, Vic, 20 April 2014

The important thing at this stage is we have two young girls under the age of 10 who are deceased.

“This is a tragic set of circumstances that has impacted on the family. There were a, number of family members there at the time.

“It’s naturally also impacted friends, neighbours and the members of the fire brigade, emergency services and Victoria Police who attended the scene.

“I’ve heard here today a number of our police members have been in tears.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...nia-man-arrested/story-fni0fee2-1226890533233

Two sisters, both under 10 years old, have been killed on Easter Sunday with police arresting a man at a home.

The little girls had been at a home on Longmuir Road in Watsonia with other family members when someone made a triple-zero call.

Officers arrived at the home just after 2.40pm on Sunday and found both girls had already died.

Firefighters and paramedics arrived moments later and performed CPR on the children.
Advertisement

"They treated the patients there for some time and administered CPR and other life saving measures but unfortunately were unable to save the patients and they died at the scene," an Ambulance Victoria spokesman said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ren-at-home-20140420-36yjf.html#ixzz2zQ25PezF

Why hurt innocent children. :cry:

It never ever becomes less devastating to me when people do this to innocent children!! It's always for selfish reasons that our innocent children die at the hands of people they know!!! Just thinking how terrifying it must be for those kids makes me feel such rage inside! How awful for those other family members that were home :(. When will this end????? Poor babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those poor babies. I felt sick when I read this. Poor family left behind, poor police officers, poor paramedics. .Awful all round. Cant hope it was an accident it seems so I'll just hope it was quick and they didn't even know what was happening.

Hope it's not another case of one partner using the children as a final revenge on their ex..Im sick of hearing that. RIP Innocent angels ♥♡

Crossing over from CC's thread, I was waiting until this thread opened to comment. I'm just dumbfounded as usual. I just shake my head wondering what is so wrong that someone chooses to do this.

It's so heart breaking that it's Easter and these girls deserved a fun day. I chose to spend today at home pottering about rather than travel. But I spoke to my younger sister earlier. She's eleven and is on a holiday with our mum and some friends. The first thing we talked about is chocolate and how much she got. She got more than her friend. I promised her I would make a chocolate desert so I wasn't totally left out of the chocolate fest. That's what Easter is about in our family. I'm just so sad that these sisters suffered on a day that is meant for family and fun.

Both David and his wife knew an elderly lady who lives in the home and fear her grandchildren are the ones who've died.

"It's really sad if that's the case," said David's wife, who didn't want her name published.

"She's lovely lady, but I thought she lived on her own."

Ben Cameron, who lives five doors down from the home, said he often saw the two girls playing in the area.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ren-at-home-20140420-36yjf.html#ixzz2zQBJG7HM

I'd say that many of the professionals on the scene have young children at home .. enjoying Easter .. how horrific for everyone. Let alone the family members that have lost two precious little ones.

556327-0b657f62-c85a-11e3-8b07-57e86dfa8098.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...nia-man-arrested/story-fni0fee2-1226890533233

Rest peacefully little ones - sometimes the world works in completely non-understandable ways, may the love in your souls live on forever :rose:

The little girls had been at a home on Longmuir Road in Watsonia with other family members when someone made a triple-zero call.

Ben Cameron, who lives five doors down from the home, said he often saw the two girls playing in the area.

"I've seen those kids before. I know the family. I've just seen them around. It's pretty frightening and scary."
Another neighbour said it had always been quiet area with a mix of older people and families.

More than two dozen police officers, both detectives and those in uniform, had gathered outside the home.
Other neighbours stood outside, watching in shock and close to tears.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...ren-at-home-20140420-36yjf.html#ixzz2zQLGGuOQ

OMG ... they really were just babies ... if the great grandchildren are the ones now deceased ...

Homicide detectives were investigating the deaths of the two sisters, who neighbours said were as young as 3 and 4, which occurred while relatives were gathered inside the northeast suburbs house, which is understood to be owned by the girls’ great-grandmother.

Neighbour Linda Bassiere told the Herald Sun she heard a chilling scream just minutes before police arrived at 3pm.

Mr Crisp said a Triple 0 call was made at 2.40pm, but he wouldn’t say if it was a family member or neighbour who made the mercy call.

He would not confirm if the girls’ mother was there.

Several neighbours told the Herald Sun the property under police cordon was owned by Margaret Mills, a great-grandmother to at least two girls.

Neighbour Ms Bassiere said the girls were often dropped off by their father.

“The children came and visited her (Ms Mills) regularly usually dropped off by their father,’’ Ms Bassiere said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...n-easter-tragedy/story-fni0fee2-1226890533233

(Video at the link too .... shows the emergency services at the scene)

RIP to these two little girls, poor babies... This is devastating :( When i read that they were sisters it makes me think of my two beautiful daughters (2&5) and what a terrible waste of life this is, just awful :( Hopefully justice is served here.

Folks at this stage all we know is that the guy arrested was "a man “known to them”.

Please don't make accusations until/unless we hear further.

ITwo little girls gone. watching how much fun and chocolate my three youngsters had today. Thats how it should be. Knowing that a family is not putting their two littlelies to bed tonight is so upsetting. The police look very upset. Days like these would be the worst days of their jobs. Just heart wrenching that more innocent children are lost by the hand of someone they knew.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sending spiritual comfort to family, friends, and emergency services

fly high little angels

849302-8ccbb362-c8a2-11e3-8b07-57e86dfa8098.jpg

Charles Mihayo was charged with two counts of murder during an out of sessions court hearing. Picture: Andrew Henshaw

A MAN has been charged with murder over the deaths of two young sisters in a horrifying Easter Sunday tragedy.

Charles Mihayo, 35, of Watsonia, was early this morning charged with two counts of murder during an out of sessions court hearing.

The sisters, who neighbours said were as young as 3 and 4, had been at a family gathering inside a northeast suburbs house understood to be owned by their great-grandmother when the horror incident occurred.

Mihayo, who was known to the children, was arrested at the scene and grilled by detectives at Heidelberg police station where he later faced an out of sessions court hearing just before 1am.

He was remanded in custody to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...n-easter-tragedy/story-fni0fee2-1226890533233

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back