VA VA - Randall Collins, 24, Richmond, 5 April 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Randall William Collins
3533877_G.png

Police Seek Information On Missing Richmond Man -

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -
Richmond Police are seeking information that may lead to the location of a 24-year-old Richmond man missing from the area since early April. According to a release from the Richmond Police Department, Randall William Collins, 24, was last seen leaving the Canal Club in Shockoe Bottom late on the night of April 5. His family has received unconfirmed reports that after leaving the club, he wither got into a car with two black men or he may have walked toward Church Hill.

http://www.wric.com/story/25300911/police-seek-information-on-missing-richmond-man

Bloodhound picks up scent near canal of missing Richmond man -

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) –
Henrico Water Rescue and Richmond Police are currently at 21st and Dock Streets in Richmond. CBS 6 was told on scene that this current mission is not a rescue or recovery, but just a search.
Richmond Police have confirmed with CBS 6 that this search is related to the 24-year-old man who vanished after leaving a Shockoe Bottom club earlier this month. Lepley told CBS 6 that around 3 p.m. a bloodhound tracked Collins’ scent twice, using a piece of clothing. The scent ran from the Canal Club, where he was last seen, to the bank of the canal.

Search effort underway at 21st and Dock Street - YouTube

http://wtvr.com/2014/04/22/search-effort-underway-at-21st-and-dock-street/

Richmond and Henrico officials, including divers, searched about a 100-yard area of the water but didn’t find anything, Lepley said. Shortly after the search concluded for the day, Lepley said investigators will now have to reset and decide what to do next.

http://m.timesdispatch.com/news/lat...f86-ca91-11e3-9db0-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Anyone who may have information about Collins’ whereabouts can call Richmond Major Crimes Detective William Brereton at (804) 646-5034 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000. Citizens can also text Crime Stoppers at 274637, using the key word “ITip” followed by their tips. Both Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.

Body found in Richmond canal is NOT the ‘missing man’ police sought

The body pulled from a Richmond canal Wednesday morning was not that of missing Richmond man Randall Collins. Police have not yet released the identity of the man found today. The medical examiner will determine the cause and manner of death.

Collins remains missing.

http://wtvr.com/2014/05/07/richmond-canal-body/

http://wtvr.com/2014/06/06/family-hopes-to-find-randall-collins-missing-for-two-months/

Richmond Police Captain, Yvonne Crowder says no new tips have come in since their investigation began and they want to keep the case from going cold.

“It just seems like it’s not news anymore and we want to get it back out there,” says Capt. Crowder.

His family tells Hall they want the same and are simply looking for closure. “I just want the world to be more aware. Anywhere, anything can help. The smallest thing could help,” says Deondra.

I never understood why clubs feel it necessary to throw somebody out into the street without at least calling somebody for that person or calling a cab. If they're too drunk to be in the club don't you think they're too drunk to be out on the street? Suppose he did get in a car with 2 guys and suppose he started to have a seizure in the car, they freaked out and just dumped him out somewhere and he died. My husband has seizures and very rarely ever drinks alcohol and if he does, it might be a glass of wine at home. I have never seen him have a bad seizure but he has had 2 episodes of something and it was scary. One evening I was just leaving the Walmart store about 10 miles from our house when I got a call from my husband, telling me that he had just pulled up in our driveway and that his head wasn't feeling right. He said he was feeling disoriented. I asked him if he has shut off the engine and he said yes. I told him to stay in the vehicle and not to move until I got there. I was flying up the highway to get home because I was scared he would get out and wander up into the woods around us or wander over across the farm next to us and fall into the pond and drown. He had only lived there with me for a few weeks and he wasn't familiar with the area, plus he was born and raised in the city with tons of city lights and this was the country where it's pitch black at night. When I pulled up in the driveway he was still in his vehicle, thank the Lord. I helped him out and finally got him in the house and he didn't have a clue where he was. He had this blank look on his face, staring out into space and it scared me to death. I got him undressed and into bed and he was disoriented for about an hour and a half before he started to come back around. So my heart goes out to this family and I pray Randall is found safe and alive somewhere.

Man vanishes near canal downtown, 2 years later case unsolved

http://www.wsmv.com/story/31551916/man-vanishes-near-canal-downtown-2-years-later-case-unsolved

He has come to the banks of the canal in Shockoe Bottom to pray, touched the water where blood hounds lead police, and listened to countless trains pass above, as freight and passengers on the elevated train tracks pass with time.

But Rannie Williams hasn't found his son, nearly two years after the young man vanished.

April 6, 2014 is the last time 24-year-old Randall Collins was seen alive. He disappeared after leaving the Canal Club on Dock Street in the early morning hours, with his case remaining open to this day.

North American Missing Persons Network

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: April 6, 2014 from Chesterfield, Virginia
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: N/A
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: Black
Distinguishing Characteristics: He has tattoos on both hands
and one on his right arm that reads, "Randall."
Medical Conditions: Collins suffers from seizures.

Details of Disappearance
Randall Collins, 24, vanished after leaving the Canal Club on April 6, 2014. He's never been seen again. Multiple dive searches have been conducted in the canal.

Still no sign of missing man by Richmond canal - March 2015

promo2263803111.jpg

Randall's case has been add to the Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Collins was last seen in Richmond, Virginia late at night on April 5, 2014, after leaving the Canal Club in the 1500 block of Cary Street in Shockoe Bottom. There were unconfirmed reports that he either walked towards the Church Hill district in Richmond, or got into a vehicle with two African-American males. He has never been heard from again. Bloodhounds later traced his scent from the Canal Club to the edge of the Kanawha Canal near 21st and Dock Streets; it runs beneath Interstate 95.

Investigators drained the canal almost dry, but found no evidence in Collins's disappearance. A month after he disappeared, a jogger saw a body floating in the canal, but it turned out to be someone else.

Collins lived in the 1500 block of north 20th Street in Richmond at the time he went missing. His loved ones stated it's uncharacteristic of him to go without contacting them. It's possible had a seizure and become disoriented on the night of his disappearance. There is no evidence of foul play in his case, but it remains unsolved.

Richmond VA > Police > Home
Randall William Collins
Randall_William_Collins.jpg

Missing Since: 4/5/2014
Age Now: 24
Race: Black
Sex: Male
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

The Richmond Police Department is seeking information about a man who went missing earlier this month.

Randall William Collins, 24, of the 1500 block of N. 20th St. was last seen leaving the Canal Club in Shockoe Bottom late at night, Saturday, April 5.

Collins is a black male, 5’ 8” tall, 150 pounds. He has tattoos on both hands and one on his right arm that reads, “Randall.”

His family has received unconfirmed reports that after leaving the Canal Club he either got into a car with two black males or he may have walked towards Church Hill.

Collins suffers from seizures which require medication to control.

Anyone who may have information about the whereabouts of Randall Collins is asked to call Major Crimes Detective William Brereton at (804) 646-5034 or Crime Stoppers at 780-1000. Citizens can also text Crime Stoppers at 274637, using the key word “ITip” followed by your tip. Both Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.

Oct 24, 2022

Dec 19, 2022

• randall_william_collins_1.jpg
  • randall_william_collins_2.jpg
  • randall_william_collins_3.jpg
  • collins_randall4.jpg
Collins, circa 2014

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors