1160 users online (180 members and 980 guests)  


Websleuths News

Poll: What happened to Brandon Lawson?


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
    Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    1,149
    Quote Originally Posted by JesOne View Post
    About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
    Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.
    It has been. The police know what it says. Itís the girlfriend that doesnít know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    *All things stated by me are my own opinions unless otherwise indicated.*

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by SavetheQueen View Post
    It has been. The police know what it says. Itís the girlfriend that doesnít know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    And how do you know this? Did I miss a police update?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by JesOne View Post
    About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
    Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.
    I agree with you. If police have done anything with the 911 call I havenít heard about it. They released to family for identification, but I think thatís all we know. This is a small town law enforcement who are not use to investigating these types of issues and have been totally silent about the investigation.. leads me to believe they are probably not even investigating anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by JesOne View Post
    About the 911 call... If that's the only piece of real evidence available, why has it not been examined? Why hasn't it been examined by audio forensics for identification. If it has been, why haven't we heard any information as to the findings?
    Audio forensics would be able to distinguish each sound and confirm if it was in fact BL speaking or someone else. It would also be able to detect, enhance, and make known all the background sounds that the human ear cannot immediately hear. I believe the 911 call is a bread crumb and the best lead in finding BL's whereabouts.
    This. It's like this case is just tucked away somewhere gathering dust and always has been since Day 1. Nobody will even confirm that the 911 call has been cut/edited in places, which has been claimed by many people. That's a pretty big detail IMO.

    We need some journalists or private detectives on this case because the local PD is not doing a whole lot from what I can tell. If I were his loved ones, I'd be DEMANDING answers from police...or at least pressing to see their progress on the case. And maybe they are. It's not the family's job to hire search parties & other private companies to find him--it's the job of local police. And after how the Sheriff's wife talked about Brandon in the local newspaper, I'd be pressing for a lawsuit. You just don't say things like that about a missing person.

    He didn't disappear into thin air. I'm of the belief that if he died out on that flat land, he would've been found by now...or at least parts of him (clothes, jewelry, etc). I'm from Oklahoma where the land is all plains & small hills, and I've never known someone to go missing on such a landscape. That leaves three possibilities: He was abducted by strangers, he fled to outrun his warrant or he was murdered by family & buried somewhere other than where his truck was found & the call was not his voice. I don't have a "favorite" scenario of the three but based on the family's obstructive & unhelpful behavior, I tend to suspect option 2 or 3.
    Last edited by Occams Razor; 12-10-2017 at 06:35 AM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356
    I agree with most everything you say but I donít suspect family.. I donít see motive. I agree about lack of investigation, itís been a mess from the very beginning


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,399
    Unfortunately, in this case LE is not going to go out of their way to solve this case. This is a very small town. Very close knit people. If Brandon were a part of one of the prominent families they would never stop looking. I think the sheriff's office believes he was running (or drug activity) and he is not worthy of their time or money. The only hope here is the Texas Rangers and I am not sure they have enough evidence to investigate a lot.

    As for being out on the flat land, there are plenty of hills and pastures to hide a body. It really isn't flat at all here. If he got lost, he was close to the highway with lighted houses in close proximity. No way he died from the elements.

    Brandon "ran into some guys". I think they were unknown to him, they got into an argument and Brandon lost his life. They loaded his body up and took it back in the direction of San Angelo and dumped it somewhere. May be someday someone will run upon his remains and there will be answers to what happened, but I doubt this case will ever be solved.

    Sad for his family. I too do not suspect family either rascal, but I can respect others feelings about why they do. I feel they have been evasive because that is their way of life with LE. When they have been involved in illegal activity, they can't feel trustful of LE. That is why I think the family looks suspicious.
    Why have we not seen an arrest in the Haily Dunn kidnapping and murder?
    Who murdered Hailey Dunn? Justice needs to be served this beautiful girl!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356

    What happened to Brandon Lawson?

    Quote Originally Posted by nannymo View Post
    Unfortunately, in this case LE is not going to go out of their way to solve this case. This is a very small town. Very close knit people. If Brandon were a part of one of the prominent families they would never stop looking. I think the sheriff's office believes he was running (or drug activity) and he is not worthy of their time or money. The only hope here is the Texas Rangers and I am not sure they have enough evidence to investigate a lot.

    As for being out on the flat land, there are plenty of hills and pastures to hide a body. It really isn't flat at all here. If he got lost, he was close to the highway with lighted houses in close proximity. No way he died from the elements.

    Brandon "ran into some guys". I think they were unknown to him, they got into an argument and Brandon lost his life. They loaded his body up and took it back in the direction of San Angelo and dumped it somewhere. May be someday someone will run upon his remains and there will be answers to what happened, but I doubt this case will ever be solved.

    Sad for his family. I too do not suspect family either rascal, but I can respect others feelings about why they do. I feel they have been evasive because that is their way of life with LE. When they have been involved in illegal activity, they can't feel trustful of LE. That is why I think the family looks suspicious.
    I know nannymo
    I try to respect others opinions as well and thatís why I stopped going to the other thread.
    I mean I understand their thoughts and ideas... but you can only beat a dead horse for so long and that theory has gone nowhere.
    We need new discussions and new ideas.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rascal32; 12-19-2017 at 08:57 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    4
    Deceased by someone he knows

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    450
    The "oh ***" comment in the 911 call has always bugged me, the way he said it, it was surprised, not frightened. Something occurred to me while reading through some of the comments on this thread. Since it was a hot night in August, he's on a lonely stretch of rarely traveled highway at that time of night, I wonder if he got bit by a rattlesnake, ran into the bush to get as far from it as possible. Snake venom works pretty quick, especially if your scared and your heart is racing, the 911 call could be explained by the neurologic effects of the venom, coupled with his vitals starting to crash. If he did run into the bush and his vitals crashed he would have collapsed and died. Sadly, after this much time, due to animal activity, I don't think they're going to find much of him remaining, animals could have spread his remains in a pretty wide area by now. If he is ever found I think it'll only be a few bones that are found by accident.


  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnthrplgst View Post
    The "oh ***" comment in the 911 call has always bugged me, the way he said it, it was surprised, not frightened. Something occurred to me while reading through some of the comments on this thread. Since it was a hot night in August, he's on a lonely stretch of rarely traveled highway at that time of night, I wonder if he got bit by a rattlesnake, ran into the bush to get as far from it as possible. Snake venom works pretty quick, especially if your scared and your heart is racing, the 911 call could be explained by the neurologic effects of the venom, coupled with his vitals starting to crash. If he did run into the bush and his vitals crashed he would have collapsed and died. Sadly, after this much time, due to animal activity, I don't think they're going to find much of him remaining, animals could have spread his remains in a pretty wide area by now. If he is ever found I think it'll only be a few bones that are found by accident.
    That is a very possible scenario. I will have to listen to the 911 call again. He also told his brothers girlfriend he was bleeding. A bit would cause bleeding.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2
    Wheres the inside job option? I dont think he personally knew the officer(s), but wrong place, wrong time, he had to go.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by redravn12 View Post
    Wheres the inside job option? I dont think he personally knew the officer(s), but wrong place, wrong time, he had to go.
    Yes that is an option that has been discussed a few times. I totally agree that somethings fishy with the local LE. Sheriffs wife did a lot of damage at the very beginning with her horrific reporting in the local paper. She even came on here offering to private message people ďinformation on his conditionĒ at the time of his disappearance... how would they have that info if they never saw him. That always struck me the wrong way. These small rural towns are full of ďgood old boysĒ and will protect each other. I often wonder if this could be like the Molly Miller disappearance out of Oklahoma where LE was found to be very corrupt and a lot has come out during that investigation.. but she still has not been found. Thereís also a lot of talk about corruption in LE involving Michael Chambers who is missing from Texas case. The thing that all these cases have in common... all small rural towns.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    7
    I honestly think, as mundane as it seems he saw something he shouldn't (a drug cartel hit, this is not that far from the ruthless Mexican cartels) and became collateral damage, these people are professionals and it is unlikely he (his body) wont ever be found.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7


Similar Threads

  1. TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4
    By BlithePlum in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1134
    Last Post: 08-29-2016, 12:18 PM
  2. TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #3
    By BlithePlum in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:00 AM
  3. TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #2
    By BlithePlum in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 964
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM
  4. TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1
    By BlithePlum in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1076
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 09:23 AM