Drunk passenger sparks flight drama on Virgin Australia plane on way to Bali

@SkyNewsBreak - 12:39 AM PST - 25 Apr 2014 - Reuters: Indonesian media reporting that passenger who attempted to hijack Virgin Australia plane has been arrested in Bali

@SkyNewsBreak - 12:35 AM PST - 25 Apr 2014 - Pilot of Virgin Australia plane from Brisbane has called incident a "hijack" after passenger tried to enter cockpit and plane landed in Bali

@flightradar24 - 12:24 AM PST - 25 Apr 2014 - This is the flight path for the hijacked Virgin Australia flight VA41. Standing on ground at Denpasar/Bali now. pic.twitter.com/gWivgM0iIZ

@ChrisCorless on Twitter is at the airport and tweeting pictures of the hijacked aircraft on the runway

Mark Hanrahan (@MarkHanrahan9) on Nine News Gold Coast is reporting that the passenger-turned-hijacker was apparently drunk! I'll stop posting about this story now, so we can get back on track with discussing MH370

This Indonesian article names the 28-year old Aussie guy. Idiot! He'll be a very sorry guy if he is prosecuted in Indonesian courts.
Other articles say that he was handcuffed and made to sit in a rear seat of the plane till the plane could land at Denpasar Airport.
Pre-boarding breath tests anyone? Very scary for the passengers and crew, no doubt.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/breaking-news-hijacked-virgin-blue-aircraft-lands-bali/

http://www.smh.com.au/world/virgin-australia-plane-held-at-bali-airport-20140425-zqzn0.html

There are times I think they should stop serving alcohol on airplanes.
Which is sad for all of those who drink responsibly. :(
The last place I want to be in the company of an out-of-control person is in a plane.

At least he could have been a sensible drunk and passed out.

There are times I think they should stop serving alcohol on airplanes.
Which is sad for all of those who drink responsibly. :(
The last place I want to be in the company of an out-of-control person is in a plane.

Don't let these jerks ruin it for the rest of us!!
Instead, they should be prosecuted and face a serious sentence. You know, I've been drunk on a plane. It would never enter my mind to bother anyone and certainly never never to enter the cockpit. Between this guy and that horrible woman screaming on the plane a few months ago, let me tell you! I don't have any sympathy.

If you're an out of control drunk, stay off the plane. If your mentally ill and get out of control, stay off the damn plane. You try to open a door or enter the cockpit and all bets should be off. Jerks.

Btw, I've been reading Aussie comments about this situation and I guess it is quite common for drunken idiots to hoof it to Bali on a plane and cause scenes once they're there, ruining it for everyone else and destroying the Australian reputation in Indonesia. What a shame.

Virgin Australia passenger mistook cockpit for toilet door as he sparked flight drama on way to Bali

April 26, 2014 6:10PM

THE man accused of sparking a mid-air drama and fears of a hijack on board a Virgin flight from Brisbane to Bali told police he “thought the cockpit was the toilet door”.

Matt Christopher Lockley, 28, told police he was asleep for most of the flight but woke up after a meal arrived. He then thought he had lost his bag and wanted medication from it

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...a-on-way-to-bali/story-fniztvng-1226896183373

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back