NY - 25 cats found dead in bags were killed by blows to head

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
Three of the 25 cats found in plastic bags hanging from trees off Overlook Terrace on Thursday were killed with blows to the head, an investigator said Friday.

snip

Some of the remains were recent while others were skeletons that may have been there for up to a year. He said he didn't know if other necropsies would be done because of the decay.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/25/dead-cats-bags-trees/8150875/

Yonkers police are asking anyone with information to call 914-377-7724. Tips also can be left anonymously by texting "YPD," typing the tip and 847-411.

Residents also can call the SPCA's Animal Cruelty Hotline at 914-941-7797.

I moved to New York today and naturally, this is the first news story I read. What an absolute psychopath somewhere out there.

Awful. Future serial killer(s) in the making. They need to find who did this!

Am stunned---thats alot of time on your hands young person-older person.
What the hell kind of mind.........am asking the wrong people-lol

Welcome to NY bettiep--------am an NYer----this savage is not indicative of of NYers-

I was just coming here to post this. I was born and raised in Yonkers. I moved from there long ago but know that area well.
Thinking along the lines of future serial killer I searched to see if there has been an increase in arson cases but came up blank.
I know they are saying it doesn't appear any of the animals were used for rituals but I wouldn't discount anything at this point.
I have a friend who is LE in another part of yonkers, I'll see if I can get in touch with him and ask him to let me know if he hears anything.

I find myself having to somewhat detach from this story. I couldn't bear it otherwise. They will catch the !@#$%^&* (hopefully sooner rather than later). If Luka Magnotta weren't in jail during that time period, I'd suspect him (if I remember correctly, he did live in or visit New York and had a lawyer there or something) but I realize there are a zillion other slimy creeps, many of whom aren't even on LE's radar yet, who are committing these kinds of atrocities.

A worker for Dept of Public works says he saw something strange...

An animal was dangling from a tree branch. It was eviscerated and hard to make out at first, so he looked closer. A white cat had been strung up from a branch of a crooked tree. Next to it hung a black bag.

“We pulled on the bag and a little black kitten fell out,” he said on Friday. “It was a day or two old.”

Imo I think this person will be found because LE found beer cans there. This is truly sick.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/2...nging-in-trees-in-yonkers.html?_r=0&referrer=

Good point LadyL-----a few months back a guy who worked at an animal shelter was caught on surveillance tape tossing a puppy in a dumpster----I smile to think of ASPCA worker he came in contact with as well as the judge who will sentence him--

It appears that this happen last year.

A city sanitation worker said he made a similar discovery in the same lot at Overlook Terrace last summer.

“Not as many, maybe two or three, but hanging in bags like this,” said Brett Pisano of the city Department of Public Works.

“They were skeletons last year,” he continued. “I said to myself, ‘Why did they do it again?’”

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1768790

How many killers have a history of animal cruelty?

How many people who are cruel to animals, go on to become killers?

If there is a connection, can we stop people who are cruel to animals, before they become killers?

If there is a connection, can we stop people who are cruel to animals, before they become killers?

I was watching the show dark minds tonight the one about Israel Keys and he killed animals also. But what was interesting was the profiler said he asked a serial killer once why they kill animals and his answer was because it help them build there way up to humans. And that it would desensitize them basically left looking for a bigger rush.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

There was a case in Canada, that I wish I could more quickly reference, of a relatively young woman who was convicted of animal cruelty for the torture videos she posted online. She was sentenced what was seen (at least by her) as unduly harsh, and barred from internet access, essentially having been labeled a "yeahhhh let's keep an eye on this one" kind of threat. In some ways Canada's sentencing seems lax compared to the US, in some ways it seems far more wise.

I am in animal rescue and have had 27 foster dogs in the past 2 years. I own 4 dogs and 8 cats besides my fosters. I have seen some pretty horrible things done to animals. But this case is absolutely horrible. And if they catch and convict who did it, the person can only get 5 years in prison max? How about life with no possibility of parole, or the death penalty? I have no sympathy for whoever did this. I think the person needs to be done away with before he/she does any more harm to any living creature.

Stories like this actually scare me for for many reasons. I even scare myself, if I ever witnessed someone doing that... I fear I'd actually enjoy beating his/her head in, myself, with a baseball bat. Shiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back