GUILTY CT - Maren Sanchez, 16, fatally stabbed, Milford, 25 April 2014

LambChop

Former Member
Reaction score
Connecticut high school girl killed in apparent prom dispute

MILFORD, Connecticut (Reuters) - A 16-year-old girl was killed on Friday in an attack inside a Connecticut high school and authorities were investigating reports she was stabbed by a fellow student after rejecting his invitation to the prom, police said.

more at link...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/connecticut-high-school-girl-killed-in-apparent-prom-dispute

The incident occurred at 7 a.m. on the morning of the prom. It has since been cancelled. The victim, Maren Sanchez, was a star student, according to the Superintendent:

(Snip)

Elizabeth Feser, the city's schools superintendent, said Sanchez was a student athlete and a member of the National Honor Society, an organization that recognizes high-achievers.

"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of this very talented, energetic and popular young student," Feser, who appeared to be on the verge of tears, told the news conference.

epe3y9ev.jpg

Rest In Peace Maren
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor girl---my prayers for her sweet soul, her family and friends.

RIP you bright light--may it continue to glow

Images from linked article posted by Ricki:

a4a8e4yz.jpg

Maren in her dress for the Junior Prom :tears:

aqa9u2yz.jpg

She would have been SO beautiful at the Prom! Now she'll never get the chance, for any prom, nor her wedding, or children! :cry:

This story is horrifying. My heart goes out to her family and friends, as well as the staff who witnessed this violent tragedy.

:rose:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Please keep her family in your thoughts (& the faculty and students, also!)! This was/is a horrific death scene. The decision was made early this evening to charge the 16 y/o perp (I'm NOT going to release his name) with homicide after the death certificate was completed.

This will be a case of ALL completed "t"s crossed & "i"s dotted!!

PS: it's been a very tough week for youngsters in Ct. and the OCME, too!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Please keep her family in your thoughts (& the faculty and students, also!)! This was/is a horrific death scene. The decision was made early this evening to charge the 16 y/o perp (I'm NOT going to release his name) with homicide after the death certificate was completed.

This will be a case of ALL completed "t"s crossed & "i"s dotted!!

PS: it's been a very tough week for youngsters in Ct. and the OCME, too!

The kids name has already been floating around twitter. I would think it came from a student.

The kids name has already been floating around twitter. I would think it came from a student.

Hi Ricki! YES....but I've got these tiny "handcuffs" on me called professional ethics...can't release information/"stuff" learned "in the line of duty"...SO....

BUT Monday, there is expected to be a court hearing in New Haven since he has been charged as a juvenile offender.

AND there is a possibility in the future of changing the juvenile status to adult

The New York Daily News has a write up on the story. It begins with a correction to a previously published error.

It then goes on to identify Maren's attacker. I hesitate to post his name. The link has it, and his name is definitely out there. This was the first story that came up when I searched Maren's name.

Here's another image of Maren (from linked story):

aje9ysaq.jpg

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1768718

She was a member of the drama club, and had an upcoming performance in "Little Shop of Horrors."

(Snip)

Sanchez, who was a member of the school's drama club, was expected to appear next weekend in the group's performance of the musical, "Little Shop of Horrors," friends said.

She was slated to peform several small roles and act as puppeteer of the the star character, a plant.

:cry:

Kleenex Alert!

Maren was a fan of Philip Phillips, American Idol Season 11 winner. He tweeted about her loss on social media. I watched a segment about Maren on the evening news here in California. So much promise, taken away forever.

This post contains a video of Maren covering the song "Home" in a recent talent show at J. Law.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/325555

Per a link in THR article, the school newspaper, The Advocate, tweeted that Maren will be crowned Prom Queen and "Home" will be the song. :tears:

zaqarazy.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/jlawadvocate/status/459755254247342080

So tragic that this young woman's life was cut short in such a horrible way. I will be appalled if the killer is not tried as an adult. This was a premeditated hate crime IMO because he killed her for refusing his date request.

I sure hope stabbing at schools are not going to become a trend now like shootings seemed to have after Columbine :( poor girl was probably so excited about her up coming prom.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

So tragic that this young woman's life was cut short in such a horrible way. I will be appalled if the killer is not tried as an adult. This was a premeditated hate crime IMO because he killed her for refusing his date request.

or because he brought a kitchen knife from home so he was anticipating being rejected and ready to kill her when that happened

I'm sure he'll be declared mentally incompetent or something

Photo of suspect at this link

Pictured: The boy, 16, who stabbed his 'friend' to death after she refused to go to prom with him because she was already going with her boyfriend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-death-refused-to-prom-going-boyfriend.html

Image of the beachside memorial balloon release (Maren's boyfriend wore a vest matching her dress, but I will not post the image as he is a minor):

e3e2y9yp.jpg

Maren had been elected Prom Queen prior to her death. I am not surprised. Everything I've read about her paints a picture of an absolutely lovely young girl - every parent's dream of a child.

yby3y6et.jpg

Now they are only left with memories, and dreams of what could have been. May they (and all of Maren's friends, and J. Law as a whole) draw solace from the outpouring of support for Maren from all over the world. It may not be much, but Maren lives on in the hearts of many....

#RIPMaren

Photo of suspect at this link

Pictured: The boy, 16, who stabbed his 'friend' to death after she refused to go to prom with him because she was already going with her boyfriend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-death-refused-to-prom-going-boyfriend.html

Image of the beachside memorial balloon release (Maren's boyfriend wore a vest matching her dress, but I will not post the image as he is a minor):

e3e2y9yp.jpg

Maren had been elected Prom Queen prior to her death. I am not surprised. Everything I've read about her paints a picture of an absolutely lovely young girl - every parent's dream of a child.

yby3y6et.jpg

Now they are only left with memories, and dreams of what could have been. May they (and all of Maren's friends, and J. Law as a whole) draw solace from the outpouring of support for Maren from all over the world. It may not be much, but Maren lives on in the hearts of many....

#RIPMaren

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard