George Clooney Is Engaged

I will be totally and completely surprised if they ever really get married.

I don't believe it. I need words from the horses mouth first.

i won't be surprised at all.

this woman is INCREDIBLE. first time i read about her, i thought....''he's met the one.''

but then i remembered....''wait....i'm supposed to be the one!"

he seems to be this era's gorgeous I-won't-settle-down guy like Warren Beatty was in the 60s/70s/80s (he has 4 kids w/ wife Annette Benning). and, like WB, GC's always been adamant about not having kids so this could get interesting

Tina Fey at the Golden Globes re Gravity: "... the story of how George Clooney would rather float away into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age.” :floorlaugh:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/04/26/george-clooney-engaged/8233169/

People and US Weekly are reporting that the the Oscar winner, 52, is engaged to British human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, 36, whom he began dating last fall. They've been spotted together in London.

rs_560x415-140328090923-1024.blunt-clooney-krasinski-amal.ls.32814_copy.jpg

Wow the forever bachelor engaged? I am shocked!

A dignified woman of her age and accomplishments probably refuses to be known as a 'girlfriend.' Whether they marry or not, she deserves to be called fiancee.

Again. I think he just likes getting engaged.

I seriously think what Tina Fey said at the golden globes was one of the funniest things I have ever heard!

http://www.people.com/article/is-george-clooney-engaged-to-amal-alamuddin

From OP link, last paragraph:

"Earlier this year, a source who has worked with Clooney, told PEOPLE: 'He's with someone who is a very accomplished attorney. She isn't someone who is pursuing a career in acting or entertainment. She's on his level.'"

Someone PLEASE tell me what exactly this means.

She's on his level? He has a career in acting/entertainment. I hadn't heard that he is also an accomplished attorney.

The person who said that sounds like they might be afflicted with a case of celebrity-worship, imo.

As an attorney, Alamuddin specialize in human rights and Clooney is known as an international human rights activist.

George Clooney Engaged to Amal Alamuddin: 5 Fast Facts About Her
By Paul Chi
UPDATED 04/27/2014 at 10:00 AM EDT • Originally published 02/27/2014 at 05:20 PM EST

Snipped:

3. She has impressive credentials.

While at NYU, Alamuddin worked as a student law clerk for now-Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor, who was then a judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. After graduating from NYU, she joined the litigation department of Sullivan & Cromwell in New York and practiced U.S. and international law there for three years, according to her NYU bio.

amal-alamuddin-300.jpg

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20791492,00.html

She's gorgeous, with brains and a heart for social justice- good for her... lucky him!

I can't stand him either, and also can't stand one of his cronies, Brad Pitt. Ugh to both!

I lost all respect for Georgie boy when he stated Charlton Heston deservided to have alzheimer's because of his stance on guns...

Really?!?!? He deserves alzheimers... Because he didn't agree with Georgie boy on his stance...

Georgie boy can rot in hell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back