GUILTY Austria - Gertraud Arzberger & Johannes Genser for deaths of 4 newborns, Graz, 2005

lady-eowyn

Reaction score
VIENNA, Austria - The bodies of four slain infants have been found at an apartment complex in southern Austria - two stuffed in a basement freezer and two entombed in paint buckets filled with cement, police said Friday.

The infants' 32-year-old mother confessed to killing them out of despair over her inability to pay the bills and the fear that having children might drive away her longtime male partner, investigators told the Austria Press Agency.

Both the woman and her 38-year-old companion were arrested and placed under formal investigation for murder.

<snip>

The gruesome discoveries began Monday when a resident of the multifamily apartment block went to the basement to get ice cream for his children from a chest freezer shared by the building's occupants, Graz's Kleine Zeitung newspaper reported Friday. The stunned tenant discovered the dead baby, wrapped in a plastic bag, in the freezer and called police.

<snip>

Police told APA that they believed the bodies in the freezer may have been placed there as long as three years ago.

http://start.earthlink.net/article/int?guid=20050603/429fd5c0_3421_13345200506031824606380

Three years in a shared community freezer and nobody noticed until now??!!!

:(

I can't imagine being so selfish that you would kill your children (if indeed they were born alive -- I'd seen reports that they *may* have been stillborn) just so they wouldn't interfere with your current lifestyle. Did this boyfriend have no idea she was pregnant? I know some women hardly ever show, but come on...

There are so many people out there who would love a new baby, but can't have one. Surely she could have put the baby up for adoption???

But I guess that would take a rational mind.....:(

What in the hell is wrong with people? With women who are supposed to be mothers? Men who are supposed to be fathers? I just do not understand it!!!

God bless those poor, innocent babies!! Rest in peace, you little Angels!!

VIENNA, Austria — The bodies of four slain infants have been found at an apartment complex in southern Austria — two stuffed in a basement freezer and two entombed in paint buckets filled with cement, police said Friday.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158489,00.html

(I think this would be the right forum to post this under... if not, my apologies, I'm still new!)

here is what it said about them being stillborn

Although police initially kept open the possibility that the infants may have been stillborn, evidence at the scene quickly pointed to the newborns' slayings before being hidden, police said.

Why do people do things like this to "hang on" to a man? I just don't understand it, I really don't

lady-eowyn said:

Although police initially kept open the possibility that the infants may have been stillborn, evidence at the scene quickly pointed to the newborns' slayings before being hidden, police said.

Why do people do things like this to "hang on" to a man? I just don't understand it, I really don't
were these all her babies, or were any of them stolen, black market, etc??
several infants and no one asking her where her "babies" were?? Wasn't she noticably pregnant? No one asked her, hey what happened to your babies??

were they all killed at different times? How many times was she pregnant??
Are any of them twins?

This whole thing is
very odd.

lady-eowyn said:

I don't either; I truly don't.
:(
with love,

Ariel

I feel so sorry for that man that found the baby. Can you imagine? I think I would have trouble eating anything frozen for the rest of my life.

Very Distrubing!

Two infants whose bodies were found in a freezer at an apartment complex in southern Austria were alive at birth, authorities said after autopsies were performed Monday, eliminating the possibility they had been stillborn.

Two other newborns were found entombed in concrete-filled buckets at the apartment complex last week, but police said Sunday that autopsies could not be done on those bodies because they had deteriorated too much.

The two bodies examined Monday were found last week wrapped in plastic and stuffed into a chest freezer shared by tenants of the building, according to media reports, prompting a search that eventually turned up the other two corpses.

But prosecutors in the province of Styria, where Graz is the regional capital, suggested Monday she could face a lesser sentence, noting that the punishment for killing a newborn baby is five years' imprisonment

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/06/06/international/i083550D92.DTL&sn=008&sc=657

FIVE YEARS????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?

Ummm....gee whiz - why not just use some birth control? And what kind of idiot is the boyfriend? He never knew she was pregnant or gave birth all those times? - yeah right! Even the dumbest man on the face of the earth could figure that one out!

Yakwoman

Five Years?! For murdering the most precious of people on this earth? Unbelievable!:furious:

GinaAngel435 said:
What in the hell is wrong with people? With women who are supposed to be mothers? Men who are supposed to be fathers? I just do not understand it!!!

God bless those poor, innocent babies!! Rest in peace, you little Angels!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158489,00.html

(I think this would be the right forum to post this under... if not, my apologies, I'm still new!)

She murdered four babies because she didn't think her long time boyfriend wanted children????????? Why in the world did she keep having babies then.
The boyfriend didn't know that she had ever been pregnant....4 times!!!!!
I wonder why in the world she kept them in the freezer and in paint cans filled with cement?

I hope this woman gets the death penalty. If anyone deserves it this woman does. I don't think the boyfriend is innocent either. He is either guilty of knowing what she did or he is one of the dumbest males on earth.

This story just makes me sick to my stomach. Those poor little sweethearts.

sharon25 said:
Very Distrubing!

Two infants whose bodies were found in a freezer at an apartment complex in southern Austria were alive at birth, authorities said after autopsies were performed Monday, eliminating the possibility they had been stillborn.

Two other newborns were found entombed in concrete-filled buckets at the apartment complex last week, but police said Sunday that autopsies could not be done on those bodies because they had deteriorated too much.

The two bodies examined Monday were found last week wrapped in plastic and stuffed into a chest freezer shared by tenants of the building, according to media reports, prompting a search that eventually turned up the other two corpses.

But prosecutors in the province of Styria, where Graz is the regional capital, suggested Monday she could face a lesser sentence, noting that the punishment for killing a newborn baby is five years' imprisonment

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/06/06/international/i083550D92.DTL&sn=008&sc=657

FIVE YEARS????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?
Unbelievable.....Excuse me why I go puke now!:sick:

This is just evil. Maybe it's me, but I think people are becoming more and more perverted. I hope the mother receives the worst punishment Austria metes out, and if they find out the bf knew or helped, him too.

I am sicken by actions such as this--what type of people have we become? How could anyone think of doing something like this. Adoption would not have been a ticket for the death penalty--if Austria has one.

From March 2006:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4864834.stm

An Austrian woman who stuffed two of her babies in a freezer and entombed two others in concrete has been sentenced to life imprisonment. Gertraud Arzberger, from the city of Graz, was convicted on three counts of murder, after experts said one of the babies may have been still-born.

Her boyfriend, Johannes Genser, 39, was jailed for 15 years as an accessory...

Neighbours told the court that her pregnancies had been obvious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back