Motivation Report has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
The motivation report, written in Italian, has been released. While we don't have an English translation yet, the media articles, etc. are discussable.

Please link your comments so everyone knows where the info is coming from.

Thanks,

Salem

*I already posted this yesterday in the "Media/Links.." section because it was the only one really available/open at the time, but now since this good thread has been opened I thought it appropriate here; so, if I need to delete one or something please just let me know, and I apologize in advance for any trouble this may cause:blushing:.*

"An Italian court that convicted Amanda Knox in her roommate's 2007 murder said in lengthy reasoning made public Tuesday that the victim's wounds indicate multiple aggressors, and that the two exchange students fought over money on the night of the murder.

The appellate court in Florence explained the January guilty verdicts against the American student and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito in a 337-page document that examined both the evidence and the motive.

The court said that a third person convicted in the murder, Rudy Hermann Guede, did not act alone, and cited the nature of the victim's wounds. It noted that at least two knives were used to attack 21-year-old Meredith Kercher and that there were also finger imprints on her body, indicating she had been restrained.

The court said there was ample evidence of a bad relationship between the two roommates, despite Knox's attempts to play down differences in court, and cited statements by Guede under police questioning that Kercher had blamed Knox for taking money from the British student's room.

"It is a matter of fact that at a certain point in the evening events accelerated; the English girl was attacked by Amanda Marie Knox, by Raffaele Sollecito, who was backing up his girlfriend, and by Rudy Hermann Guede, and constrained within her own room," the document said.

The court said it was not necessary for all of the assailants to have the same motive, and that the murder was not attributable to a sex game gone awry, as it was out of Kercher's character to have ever consented to such activity
."

~Respectfully Snipped From & Please Read The Rest At:

http://news.yahoo.com/italy-court-knox-kercher-fought-day-murder-150816135.html

I think this is the most messed up case in history. JMO.

I think the fact that they argued (if they did) means nothing. I mean, seriously. People argue all the time. It's almost anecdotal that she was murdered on the same day as an argument. There is still no reliable physical evidence against her. <modsnip>

I think the fact that they argued (if they did) means nothing. I mean, seriously. People argue all the time. It's almost anecdotal that she was murdered on the same day as an argument. There is still no reliable physical evidence against her.[modsnip]

The report is over 330 pages, it doesn't just say they argued. There is plenty of physical evidence against both of them and Nencini goes over all of it in detail. IMO AK is the one grasping at straws by still claiming there no evidence against her.

The report is over 330 pages, it doesn't just say they argued. There is plenty of physical evidence against both of them and Nencini goes over all of it in detail. IMO AK is the one grasping at straws by still claiming there no evidence against her.

Actually with the mess that was created by this crime there is no way that evidence would not have been left by AK. Lots of Evidence.. I find it comical really that people think she cleaned up but only managed to leave Rudy's dna and evidence. The whole thing is ridiculous and the Italian legal system is hideous. They will convicted you as many times as they like even when a higher court not only declares you not guilty but innocent.

It is diabolical.
IMO

I said RELIABLE physical evidence. IMO there isn't a shred of physical evidence that wasn't handled poorly, manipulated, or tampered with. You simply can't convict someone on physical evidence that has been handled the way the evidence in this case has.

Not to mention, she must be a freaking mastermind to selectively clean DNA that the eye can't differentiate between two people. How on earth could she manage to leave behind his DNA? It's not possible.

The claim that Amanda argued with Meredith comes from Rudy Guede. The one person that we know for certain was in the room with Meredith on the night she died. It should be clear to anyone that Rudy had a vested interest in sharing the guilt with others.

It's also of note that Rudy did not testify in any trial of AK and RS. A statement written in Italian legal jargon and signed by Rudy was read in court by the prosecutor. Lawyers for the two defendants were not allowed to cross examine Rudy on the contents of this statement.

I said RELIABLE physical evidence. IMO there isn't a shred of physical evidence that wasn't handled poorly, manipulated, or tampered with. You simply can't convict someone on physical evidence that has been handled the way the evidence in this case has.

Not to mention, she must be a freaking mastermind to selectively clean DNA that the eye can't differentiate between two people. How on earth could she manage to leave behind his DNA? It's not possible.

Not every spec of Meredith's room was tested for DNA, considering AKs own lamp was found in Meredith's room. So how is the DNA of RG considered "reliable" when the evidence was collected and handled by the same people? IMO a court can't deem only the evidence against RG as reliable and any against RS and AK unreliable.

Pg 191 of the Nencini report he deals with a spot revealed with luminol in Filomena's room, containing a mixed sample of AK and MKs dna. This can not be explained away as "shared space" considering it was neither of their rooms, instead it was the room a break in was staged in.

Not every spec of Meredith's room was tested for DNA, considering AKs own lamp was found in Meredith's room. So how is the DNA of RG considered "reliable" when the evidence was collected and handled by the same people? IMO a court can't deem only the evidence against RG as reliable and any against RS and AK unreliable.

Pg 191 of the Nencini report he deals with a spot revealed with luminol in Filomena's room, containing a mixed sample of AK and MKs dna. This can not be explained away as "shared space" considering it was neither of their rooms, instead it was the room a break in was staged in.

That's a stretch. Actually that both of their DNA was found in it only means that they either were in the room, something they both touched was in that room, or it was transferred. Since it was not the crime scene it really has little bearing on the case.

There is no way how to explain Rudy's DNA being left if all cleaned up the room. It is just beyond the realm of all possibility

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

That's a stretch. Actually that both of their DNA was found in it only means that they either were in the room, something they both touched was in that room, or it was transferred. Since it was not the crime scene it really has little bearing on the case.

There is no way how to explain Rudy's DNA being left if all cleaned up the room. It is just beyond the realm of all possibility

Forgive the autocorrect. Tapatalk has a mind of its own. :)

Why is the crimescene limited to Meredith Kerchers bedroom? Why was RGs DNA not mixed with MKs in the bathroom that he would've washed up in? (I mean if DNA is left everywhere and so easily found)

IMO the spot in Filomena's room is not so simply explained away and Nencini agreed.

Did the motivations report state the time of the murder?

That footprint and the DNA found has been refuted and doubted. The ONLY DNA evidence that hasn't been refuted whatsoever, has been the person who sits in jail.

If you claim that she selectively cleaned DNA then you must start with explaining where exactly she would have left DNA in the first place. There are 2 traces of Guede on Meredith's clothes vs one of Sollecito. His handling of the bra and thereby his presence during the murder has been absolutely confirmed by the scientific evidence. Knox's presence is proven by a whole list of evidence outside the murder room that all prove she was present as well. Not only that, her DNA was found on the murder weapon and Nencini explains that it was she that delivered the fatal blow. It is over.

That footprint and the DNA found has been refuted and doubted. The ONLY DNA evidence that hasn't been refuted whatsoever, has been the person who sits in jail.
Refuted and doubted by defense lawyers. That is their job. It is the judge who decides and there is no doubt whatsoever who committed this crime.

Refuted and doubted by defense lawyers. That is their job. It is the judge who decides and there is no doubt whatsoever who committed this crime.

I'm guessing you forget the expert who admitted as much on stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member