Sheila HENRY Homicide Feb. 5, 1993

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.vpdcoldcases.ca/sheila-henry/

"Many a parent has had nightmares, waking or asleep, envisioning the horrible and unimaginable things that could possibly happen to their children, but very few of us actually live that nightmare.

Gary and Linnea McIndoe have lived that nightmare every day of the past two decades since their 26-year-old daughter was murdered, made all the more painful knowing that her killer is living consequence-free. They re-live their daughter’s last moments over and over, knowing Sheilah was beaten and strangled to death in a violent struggle in her own home. Perhaps most tragic of all, was the fact that she was not the only one who died that day; Sheilah had been six weeks pregnant with the McIndoe’s first grandchild.

Sheila Henry grew up in Kimberley, skiing and enjoying the outdoors. She went away to school in Victoria, where she met her would-be husband, David, and then continued on to Calgary where she studied nursing.

The young couple moved to Vancouver, where Sheila worked as a nurse at Vancouver General Hospital and David worked as a computer programmer. They set up house in a Kitsilano duplex, along with a roommate, and while on a holiday to Florida in 1991, they got married. Married just two years and expecting their first baby, Sheila and David seemed to be a typical couple starting out in life.

Sheila’s father told The Province in September 2007 that he felt like he had failed his daughter because the person responsible for her murder has not been caught and that he often woke up at night to her cries for help, unable to do so. The McIndoes have suffered unimaginable loss, but continue to hope that their daughter’s killer will be brought to justice."

For parents Gary and Linnea McIndoe the memory of Sheila's body soaked in her own blood 14 years ago is as fresh as though she had been attacked yesterday.

The Kimberley couple wonder how the killer -- who battered the pregnant mom's head and face with what was likely a flashlight and then put a pillow over her mouth to finish her off -- could keep a secret that demonic for so long.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=ef40fed9-58dc-40fc-a14e-91057630cbdb&sponsor=

They seem to have a main suspect; just not enough evidence to make a charge:

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html?id=ef40fed9-58dc-40fc-a14e-91057630cbdb&sponsor=

Thanks for the link , some very powerful words, imo...

bbm.
"I feel like I have failed my daughter by not bringing her murderer to justice. I still wake up at night with Sheila screaming for her dad to help her, but I never can."

The couple scrapped together $10,000 and posted a reward for information leading to an arrest, but that came up empty.

After 14 years, the pain and grief have sapped their spirit and left them despondent and frustrated, but not defeated. It's just that they don't know where to turn next.

"We'd like Sheila's killer to know we're not letting this go. When you know the son-of-a-gun is out there, walking around and enjoying life . . ."

"It's hard to imagine that he has kept all this inside for all these years. He must have talked to someone. We would like to make a plea to people who might know something to please call their local police
."

Updated July 2 2014..

"Sheila HENRY

Many a parent has had nightmares, waking or asleep, envisioning the horrible and unimaginable things that could possibly happen to their children, but very few of us actually live that nightmare.

Gary and Linnea McIndoe have lived that nightmare every day of the past two decades since their 26-year-old daughter was murdered, made all the more painful knowing that her killer is living consequence-free. They re-live their daughter’s last moments over and over, knowing Sheilah was beaten and strangled to death in a violent struggle in her own home. Perhaps most tragic of all, was the fact that she was not the only one who died that day; Sheilah had been six weeks pregnant with the McIndoe’s first grandchild.

Sheila Henry grew up in Kimberley, skiing and enjoying the outdoors. She went away to school in Victoria, where she met her would-be husband, David, and then continued on to Calgary where she studied nursing.

The young couple moved to Vancouver, where Sheila worked as a nurse at Vancouver General Hospital and David worked as a computer programmer. They set up house in a Kitsilano duplex, along with a roommate, and while on a holiday to Florida in 1991, they got married. Married just two years and expecting their first baby, Sheila and David seemed to be a typical couple starting out in life.

Sheila’s father told The Province in September 2007 that he felt like he had failed his daughter because the person responsible for her murder has not been caught and that he often woke up at night to her cries for help, unable to do so. The McIndoes have suffered unimaginable loss, but continue to hope that their daughter’s killer will be brought to justice.

This is an ongoing file. Please check back regularly for updates."

Bumping
Sheila HENRY Homicide Feb. 5, 1993
attachment.php

Attachments

• profile-sheila-henry.png
    profile-sheila-henry.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 14
Okay, even before going through the case files, I knew it was the husband. It is a fact that at least 20% of pregnancy-related deaths involve the father. Then upon reading, it only echoes the obviousness that her husband did it. The fact she was beaten so brutally in the face, just reminds us of the anger this person felt and he made it PERSONAL. Who knows why he hated her? His behaviour after she is found just is another log on the fire. Unfortunately, someone needs a STRONG piece of evidence to make it stick for this sick individual.

Sociopath or psychopath? The husband was at that time a computer programmer, a profession that allows you to easily hide away from people. Who knows what sickness manifested over time. Sheila was a nurse and obviously dealt with people constantly. Maybe he was jealous that she was a good person, whom people loved and he was ....well evil. Then she got pregnant and it put his anger over the top.

I wish we had more information regarding the case, like how Sheila's and David's friends spoke about them. If David is in the D&D community, I feel like he might have aired any grievances, if he had any, about their relationship. The fact that he was an "occasional freelance computer programmer" and "tremendously fond of playing D&D"... could it be that he got too addicted to the game that he couldn't financially support the family, especially with the new baby on the way, that he snapped?

The Unsolved Murder of Sheila Henry – The True Crime Files

I wish we had more information regarding the case, like how Sheila's and David's friends spoke about them. If David is in the D&D community, I feel like he might have aired any grievances, if he had any, about their relationship. The fact that he was an "occasional freelance computer programmer" and "tremendously fond of playing D&D"... could it be that he got too addicted to the game that he couldn't financially support the family, especially with the new baby on the way, that he snapped?

The Unsolved Murder of Sheila Henry – The True Crime Files
Welcome to Ws emoranges, thanks for chiming in!
Thinking that SH would do just fine on her own without partner... imo, speculation

Wonder why SH's husband did not want to talk about the investigation concerning his murdered pregnant wife?
It seems terribly unjust, imo for Sheila, a nurse who cares for others, to have suffered such a brutal death.

henry-media-1 | Vancouver Police Department Cold Cases
It is odd that there isn't much of a mention here on him form what Ive seen, and while the husband is a good candidate there is a possibility that it was an outside party.

It is odd that there isn't much of a mention here on him form what Ive seen, and while the husband is a good candidate there is a possibility that it was an outside party.
No, I totally disagree with you.

The police obviously are not even trying. This was shut down before poor Sheila was even buried. Political corruption for sure, it’s who ya know. David Henry is a pig!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back