Identified! TX - Gregg Co, WhtFem 18-28, UP3299, Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate, May'02 Pamela Darlene Young

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new CT Scan based Facial Reconstruction for this Jane Doe, so I am starting a thread for her.

NamUs UP # 3299 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3299

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on May 21, 2002 in Gregg County, Texas

222c904e-dd71-4c54-81f1-79433f2555c1.jpg

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-28 years old
Approximate Height: 5'3"
Approximate Weight: 115 lbs
Deformities : Cleft lip, Cleft palate

Body Condition
* Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
* One or more limbs not recovered
Probable year of death: 2000 to 2002

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: No fingerprint information is currently available
DNA: Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Here's an article with a little bit more info: http://www.ketknbc.com/news/crimewatch/gregg-co-seeking-information-on-human-remains-cold

-The cleft palate was unrepaired (though I've noticed that this doesn't say if the lip was itself fixed, which does happen sometimes, though no way to tell from the skull if it was soft tissue only. Also, have just read that in 25% of children born with a cleft, it can be just the palate and not the lip).

-Body was located "on Highway 135, south of Swamp City Road in the Gladewater area."

I wonder why her new image is not uploaded into Namus?

I hope they do this soon...

I don't she is white. I think she is Hispanic. Cleft palates are more dominant in Hispanics and it's Texas. Not to sound politically incorrect but the fact that she didn't have her palate fixed suggest she was poor.

I don't she is white. I think she is Hispanic. Cleft palates are more dominant in Hispanics and it's Texas. Not to sound politically incorrect but the fact that she didn't have her palate fixed suggest she was poor.

But most Hispanics have a more prominent upper mandible than this one shows. I have a lot of Hispanic relatives. Not saying you are at all wrong. Just going by my relatives. :seeya: I'm sure there are lots that don't. I just haven't encountered any...

@MadMcGoo R/O promise this is it for today?! One of these days I'm going to find myself a US-based address!

I'm thinking there may not be many R/O as Namus hasn't been updated since January 2016 and no recent MPs added to Namus with clefts :(

Last edited:
Here's an article with a little bit more info: KETK | FOX51 | EastTexasMatters.com

-The cleft palate was unrepaired (though I've noticed that this doesn't say if the lip was itself fixed, which does happen sometimes, though no way to tell from the skull if it was soft tissue only. Also, have just read that in 25% of children born with a cleft, it can be just the palate and not the lip).

-Body was located "on Highway 135, south of Swamp City Road in the Gladewater area."

Namus states that it was lip and palate, given that fact and they say that there was some soft tissue present, I think its safe to assume there was enough soft tissue left on the skull to know it was on lip also.

Trust me @Bit of hope , I don't mind one bit! And it's no trouble!

Current list of exclusions for UP3299 per NamUs:

MP926 Kelli Cox 07/15/1997 Denton TX (link not accessible/removed from NamUs)
MP6452 Brandy Noble 03/01/2002 Potter TX
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL

*ETA: I just noticed the play on words in my first statement :D unintentional I swear

I was looking through Charley Project...not too many possibilities, or none that have actually reported as having a cleft lip/palate. These are all long shots, I know. With the exception of the first, Sarah Ann Norfleet...

Sarah Ann Norfleet – The Charley Project
(Disappeared in 93 but was originally from Fort Bliss Texas (about a 10- hour drive)...identifiers fit within range?)
sarah_ann_norfleet_1.jpg
sarah_ann_norfleet_2.jpg

Stacy Kathleen McCall – The Charley Project
(I don't see a cleft lip/palate but she had an unusual cleft chin and who knows what else...bone structure is somewhat similar to UID)
stacy_kathleen_mccall_1.jpg

Latisha Yvonne Milliken – The Charley Project
(Time is off (missing in 07), I wonder how certain they are about when she disappeared)
latisha_yvonne_milliken_1.jpg
latisha_yvonne_milliken_2.jpg

The more I look at that facial reconstruction it looks identical to a friend of mine who's family is from Georgia. First time I seen it I had to double check the dates because I could of sworn it was her and I haven't seen her in a few years. But she is alive and well....but makes me want to ask her if she has any family members who may of gone missing.

The more I look at that facial reconstruction it looks identical to a friend of mine who's family is from Georgia. First time I seen it I had to double check the dates because I could of sworn it was her and I haven't seen her in a few years. But she is alive and well....but makes me want to ask her if she has any family members who may of gone missing.
@crazyrabbitlady yiu could always send your friend the link to this page

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back