Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Why would SY announce the digs?

No one would think twice if a crew of workers started digging some vacant land right in the middle of a tourist town.

I wonder why SY wants the worlds media at PDL when the dig starts....? Because that's what their announcement will cause.

Just when you think they're part of a whitewash, they come along and casually announce something earth shattering....! Literally!

This newly updated article explains a lot about the media approach, I think.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27300312

Brit police chief Mark Rowley's sent a letter to media editors urging them to 'think carefully' before they publish any information. And it seems permission for the dig could be withdrawn if information's leaked.

I suspect there had to be some announcement though. British media watch that resort like a hawk and they would have found out something was going on. There's still huge interest in Madelaine's case in the UK - this dig is headline news nationwide.

I do hope this little girl can be found one day.

Why would SY announce the digs?

No one would think twice if a crew of workers started digging some vacant land right in the middle of a tourist town.

I wonder why SY wants the worlds media at PDL when the dig starts....? Because that's what their announcement will cause.

Just when you think they're part of a whitewash, they come along and casually announce something earth shattering....! Literally!

I had to read the BBC report twice and still don't get it. The Portuguese press have said nothing but yet the British police announced the digging but don't want the media to disrupt the work.

Well , why in the world did they feel the need to say anything. Period.

Oh and this quote is quite disturbing IMO

Gerry McCann, Madeleine's father, expressed his family's gratitude that the Metropolitan Police team was now moving on to a "very active" phase in its investigation.

He said at the weekend: "They are chipping away and obviously there is new evidence so we are going to continue to hope that we will get a happy outcome."

Chipping away, happy outcome? They're digging for his daughter's body. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27300312

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-praia-da-luz-burglary-suspects-9330417.html

"British police have reportedly been refused permission to search the homes of three burglary suspects and interview them as part of an investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Local media in Portugal have refused a Metropolitan Police plea to search the homes of three men who used to work at the Ocean Complex, where the McCann family were staying at the time Madeleine vanished and who are suspected of a number of break-ins in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, Sky News has reported.

Scotland Yard has refused to comment on the reports".

article-2621343-1DA0F4CB00000578-491_634x470.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-digging-Portuguese-resort-disappeared.html

I'm glad something is happening but wouldn't it have been easier for the abductor just to dump her in the sea right beside the searched areas than start digging a grave right next to houses?

If she's found in one of those locations this was certainly a botched investigation.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/47...police-searches-refused-as-dig-may-be-delayed

Sky News crime reporter Martin Brunt said the local press was claiming that Portuguese police had refused to let Scotland Yard search the homes of three men who used to work at the Ocean Complex at the time the three year-old vanished.

He added that the men were "not necessarily" suspects in her disappearance but were potentially linked to "a number of break-ins" in the period before Madeleine disappeared.

Mr Brunt also said that disagreements over leaks to the media may delay planned digging work by detectives working on the case.

He said: "The Portuguese are making it very clear that they were not happy with journalists being briefed.

"It's not something that happens in this country and in fact, the Portuguese authorities, according to the Scotland Yard message last night, had threatened to stop any of the work once it begins if they hear that Scotland Yard are talking to reporters."

So did SY want a dig or not?

The British police have not announced digs, they have announced they have announced they hope to be actively working in portugal soon. The stories about the digs are unconfirmed by either police force and its not certain where the story originated.

Gerry's response was at the weekend before the dig story and was in response to a question about scotland yards investigation not a response to a question about a dig.

The three suspects the media refer to are three unnamed people suspected of breaking into holiday flats in the area. None of scotland yards suspects are believed to have died. The only two people named as suspects in the media who have died are hewlett and monteiro, but neither of these appear to be suspects in the eyes of scotland yard since they were dead or in hospital at the time of the last attack reported and neither matches the description. There has been nothing to suggest they were suspected of burglaries in the area.

The maps are oriented in the opposite direction, but from what I can make out "search area 1" is extremely close to the location of the smith sighting, and search areas 2 and 3 between that location and the beach:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

McCann Cops Are Probably Looking For a Body: Ex-Detective Chief

By Henry Austin

A police dig in the Portuguese vacation resort where Madeleine McCann went missing is likely to be looking for a body, a former Detective Chief Inspector with London’s Metropolitan Police said Wednesday.

“They could be looking for clothing, it could be weapons or some sort of other evidence, but in the case of the disappearance of a child the most obvious explanation would be that they have something that suggests it’s worth looking for a body,” said Peter Kirkham, who worked on numerous homicide investigations during his 21-year police career.

“Clothes last quite a significant amount of time in some form and things like buttons and zips last indefinitely. Weapons last pretty much for centuries,” he added. “But if you said to me the police were digging a large open space, then 99 times out of 100 I would say to you they will be looking for a body.”

British police would not comment on the investigation but two independent sources have told NBC News that the dig will likely take place in or near Portugal’s Praia da Luz resort where the 3-year-old went missing seven years ago...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mccann-cops-are-probably-looking-body-ex-detective-chief-n99261

^I'm not sure you have to be a (former) DCI to figure that one out.

article-2621343-1DA0F4CB00000578-491_634x470.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-digging-Portuguese-resort-disappeared.html

I'm glad something is happening but wouldn't it have been easier for the abductor just to dump her in the sea right beside the searched areas than start digging a grave right next to houses?

If she's found in one of those locations this was certainly a botched investigation.

Did the Portuguese police not use dogs to search the area after Madeleine's disappearance? If they did, surely they would have found something - look how close the search areas are to the apartment where Madeleine disappeared from. So surely those areas must have been covered by sniffer dogs in the immediate aftermath of the event ...

Yes, the significance of this announcement cannot be underestimated.

The digs are in the same area as Amaral and his team identified.

This means that after 2 years of review and a further 2 years of Operation Grange, SY have ended up in the exact same place that Amaral did.

Digging in the field which is contiguous to the area the person identified as Gerry was seen carrying a child thought to be Madeleine.

If they find a burial site so close, it tends to rule out child thieves, off shore abductors, gypsies etc. Why abduct a child only to return it to the site of the abduction?

The dogs indicate that Madeleine died in 5a. Now the entire investigation has been basically replicated by SY, they appear to also think M never left PDL alive.

So - if M laid in 5a long enough to produce cadaver, as seems likely now, it means that she couldn't have been alive when Gerry saw her on his check at 9.15.

Cadaver scent takes hours to form, not minutes.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member