GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Shirley Dermond
1399420851000-Shirley-Dermonde.jpg

Elderly man killed, wife missing in Putnam County -

Putnam county deputies are investigating what they are calling a homicide and an abduction. The sheriff's office released a statement saying they believe they found the body of 88-year-old Russell Dermond. They said they are "virtually certain" it is the body of Russell Dermond and that he was "definitely the victim of a homicide."

Family members went to Dermond's home at the Great Waters Community on Lake Oconee in Putnam county. Shirley Dermond was not at the home when police arrived, and they "presume she may have been abducted at this time."

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/06/putnam-man-killed-wife-missing/8785833/

I have friends who live there; Reynolds Plantation is an upscale gated community on Lake Oconee.

This doesn't look good for Mrs Dermond.

The pure horror this young lady must be feeling. I hope one of God's angels are with you..

omg who does such a thing? Praying she is found safe!

Really ticks me off! Pure evil sick twisted criminals...Hate is a strong word but I hate this!
Get 'em LE

Prayers for all involved in this family.

jmo

Violence against the elderly just boils my blood... This poor woman - what has she been through and where is she?

RIP Russell, so sorry it ended like this for you.

Surely this gated upscale community has surveillance cameras. Hope they are able to see something....

Well, their house is worth 1 million, I hope they checked the bank accts. Why would they take her? IMO

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/06/putnam-man-killed-wife-missing/8785833/

According to Putnam County tax records, the Dermonds' home and property on Carolyn Drive is valued at over $1 million. It includes a boat dock on Lake Oconee.

According to online records, the home is in Reynolds Plantation's Great Waters gated community, built around a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.

They purchased the land in 1994, according to tax records.

AND IT'S NEAR WATER

I hope they find them fast.
My heart breaks for this couple.
I hope she is safe

Could it have been someone they know...even someone within their own family? That's all I can think of. Who else would be able to get into this gated community to gain access to them?

Playing devil's advocate...

I wonder what leads LE to believe that she was abducted. Is it just because both vehicles were there?

Is it possible that she is the one who killed him and then left the residence? Maybe she left the residence on foot, via taxi or water. Is it possible that it was a murder suicide and she is in the water somewhere?

Regardless, prayers that she is found safe!

Playing devil's advocate...

I wonder what leads LE to believe that she was abducted. Is it just because both vehicles were there?

Is it possible that she is the one who killed him and then left the residence? Maybe she left the residence on foot, via taxi or water. Is it possible that it was a murder suicide and she is in the water somewhere?

Regardless, prayers that she is found safe!

Gosh hollye....we've been here too long! I was thinking the same exact thing. I hated to say it but that's the first thing I thought of. Perhaps something about the situation leads them to believe that she didn't do it.

Oh this is just horrible. My parents are in their 80's and my mother's name happens to be Shirley. I can imagine just how terribly frightened they would be.

As los2188 said, hoping that she has some angels by her side.

Why, why, why? Pure evil for sure.

This website mentions an incident occurring in the fall of 2012 to a Russell Dermond of Carolyn Drive of identity theft. I believe they have the "wife's" name wrong on this link.
I think this is a typo.
Does anyone know if they have "adult" children living with them?
IMOO.

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_72b506e2-29f0-11e2-b12e-0019bb2963f4.html

"Web shopping scam nets $2K
A four-day, $2,000-plus shopping spree on two websites came as a big shock to the Putnam County couple asked to foot the bill.
Russell and Sandra Dermond, of Carolyn Drive near Lake Oconee, reported seven charges on their American Express card were made by someone else.
Five purchases on Macys.com and two purchases on Amazon.com were made between Sept. 20-23.
Reports indicate Dermond found the charges on his credit card statement and was told by his credit card company to report the charges to law enforcement. The case was reported to Putnam County officials Oct. 24."

Whitepages.com has Mark C. Dermond, Russell J. Dermond, and Shirley W.Dermond...ALL 3 living at the 147 Carolyn Dr address.

Well, their house is worth 1 million, I hope they checked the bank accts. Why would they take her? IMO

According to Putnam County tax records, the Dermonds' home and property on Carolyn Drive is valued at over $1 million. It includes a boat dock on Lake Oconee.

According to online records, the home is in Reynolds Plantation's Great Waters gated community, built around a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.

They purchased the land in 1994, according to tax records.

AND IT'S NEAR WATER

With the previous incident of someone using their credit card on the internet, maybe this could be related? Maybe not?
IMOO.

This website mentions an incident occurring in the fall of 2012 to a Russell Dermond of Carolyn Drive of identity theft. I believe they have the "wife's" name wrong on this link.
I think this is a typo.
Does anyone know if they have "adult" children living with them?
IMOO.

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_72b506e2-29f0-11e2-b12e-0019bb2963f4.html

"Web shopping scam nets $2K
A four-day, $2,000-plus shopping spree on two websites came as a big shock to the Putnam County couple asked to foot the bill.
Russell and Sandra Dermond, of Carolyn Drive near Lake Oconee, reported seven charges on their American Express card were made by someone else.
Five purchases on Macys.com and two purchases on Amazon.com were made between Sept. 20-23.
Reports indicate Dermond found the charges on his credit card statement and was told by his credit card company to report the charges to law enforcement. The case was reported to Putnam County officials Oct. 24."

Very interesting find, Treelights.....

Whitepages.com has Mark C. Dermond, Russell J. Dermond, and Shirley W.Dermond...ALL 3 living at the 147 Carolyn Dr address.

See, this is what I am thinking Hickory Born. So glad you found this. I feel somehow this must be someone they know. You don't just drive into a gated community unless the people you are going to see know who you are.

Atlanta noon news reported that Dermonds have 3 adults children who live out of town and are on their way to Lake Oconee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17