CANADA Canada - Fred & Lynn Gilbank, Ancaster, Ont, 16 Nov 1998

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
The discovery of his mother in bed, dead from three gunshot blasts. His father on the second-floor landing with two shots to the back. And Mark Gilbank himself, screaming and shaking his father's lifeless body.

The notorious slayings rocked the legal community, led to charges of police corruption and remain unsolved.

http://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/4220815-who-is-getting-away-with-murder-/

This crime took place in Canada.

:kimsterwink:

This crime took place in Canada.

:kimsterwink:

Yes, Ancaster is now part of Hamilton. The same lead detective as in the Audrey Gleave case. Innocent person originally arrested and released.

Yes, Ancaster is now part of Hamilton. The same lead detective as in the Audrey Gleave case. Innocent person originally arrested and released.

It is listed here under Cold Cases UK UK, maybe because "London" was mentioned somewhere.

It is listed here under Cold Cases UK UK, maybe because "London" was mentioned somewhere.

It was London, Ontario, Canada. I see how this happened....
"Their son Mark calls 911 when he returns to the house about 5 p.m. from a weekend with his girlfriend in London". London, Ont is approx. 1 hr drive from Ancaster.

It was London, Ontario, Canada. I see how this happened....
"Their son Mark calls 911 when he returns to the house about 5 p.m. from a weekend with his girlfriend in London". London, Ont is approx. 1 hr drive from Ancaster.

From London, UK to Ancaster, UK is approximately a 2 hr 19 min drive.

I think it's best this thread should be moved, or else many WS trying to pinpoint the crime to the son will get theire timetables confused.

Caution: Mark Gilbank is not a suspect in his parents' murder.

From London, UK to Ancaster, UK is approximately a 2 hr 19 min drive.

I think it's best this thread should be moved, or else many WS trying to pinpoint the crime to the son will get theire timetables confused.

Caution: Mark Gilbank is not a suspect in his parents' murder.

You are correct, Mark is not a suspect, however, I quote: "In the weeks after the murders, police clear Mark as a suspect. Years later, a bail judge writes in his judgment that Mark might well have been "a suspect not properly investigated" at the time."
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2121400-a-complicated-path/

It would be interesting to know where the gf is today. Jmo.

Book marking, literally..

http://books.google.ca/books?id=9MI...&q=Gilbank, Fred & Lynn, Postans Path&f=false

http://www.durhamregion.com/news-story/4220815-who-is-getting-away-with-murder-/

" Mark Gilbank said he was the prime suspect at first, "just by the nature of the fact that I found my parents' bodies." The residue was from the murder scene at the house, he said this week.

"I voluntarily submitted to a gun powder residue test. They (police) found that the results were inconsistent with somebody who had fired a weapon. They found they were consistent with somebody who was at a crime scene shaking their father and screaming."

Gilbank said allegations that he could have killed his parents are simply other people "victimizing the victim."

Years of investigation into the killings began with little physical evidence and no real clues. It was Kristen who suggested to police that one of her mother's cases might have triggered her death.

Lynn had helped arrange the witness protection program for drug mule Willie Smith. He had hired Lynn after he was arrested at Toronto airport with more than 18 kilograms of hash oil worth about half a million dollars that he was allegedly carrying from Jamaica for the Gravelles.

It was a chilling thought to Hamilton's legal community that the killings could have been executions meant to warn anyone involved in betraying the crime family.

But a bail hearing — one of the longest in Canadian legal history — led a judge to find that the Crown's case was "less than strong."

One of the reasons, Justice Donald Gordon wrote, was the possibility that someone else was responsible. "I am satisfied the issue of an alternate suspect is very real," Gordon wrote in the part of his ruling that examined problems with the case. He named Mark Gilbank as a possible alternate suspect.

During the bail hearing lead investigator Steve Hrab rejected the idea his team had tunnel vision and said that Mark Gilbank had been investigated and cleared.

Hamilton police today will say only that the investigation into the double slaying is still open".

It would be interesting to know where the gf is today. Jmo.

It sure would, it may come out at some point as there is a libel case and a wrongful prosecution lawsuit filed by wrongfully accused.

Book marking, literally..

http://books.google.ca/books?id=9MI...&q=Gilbank, Fred & Lynn, Postans Path&f=false

" Mark Gilbank said he was the prime suspect at first, "just by the nature of the fact that I found my parents' bodies." The residue was from the murder scene at the house, he said this week.

"I voluntarily submitted to a gun powder residue test. They (police) found that the results were inconsistent with somebody who had fired a weapon. They found they were consistent with somebody who was at a crime scene shaking their father and screaming."

Gilbank said allegations that he could have killed his parents are simply other people "victimizing the victim."

Years of investigation into the killings began with little physical evidence and no real clues. It was Kristen who suggested to police that one of her mother's cases might have triggered her death.

Lynn had helped arrange the witness protection program for drug mule Willie Smith. He had hired Lynn after he was arrested at Toronto airport with more than 18 kilograms of hash oil worth about half a million dollars that he was allegedly carrying from Jamaica for the Gravelles.

It was a chilling thought to Hamilton's legal community that the killings could have been executions meant to warn anyone involved in betraying the crime family.

But a bail hearing — one of the longest in Canadian legal history — led a judge to find that the Crown's case was "less than strong."

One of the reasons, Justice Donald Gordon wrote, was the possibility that someone else was responsible. "I am satisfied the issue of an alternate suspect is very real," Gordon wrote in the part of his ruling that examined problems with the case. He named Mark Gilbank as a possible alternate suspect.

During the bail hearing lead investigator Steve Hrab rejected the idea his team had tunnel vision and said that Mark Gilbank had been investigated and cleared.

Hamilton police today will say only that the investigation into the double slaying is still open".

Thanks for the link to the book, however, the book mentioned the house was broken into and I am certain there was no sign of forced entry.

But did it go anywhere? I haven't been able to find anything about it.
Mr Gravelle seems to have been in and out and into prison, so maybe he has been busy since.

It was still on as of Nov. 2013, I will try to get an update.

Interesting article, gunshot residue particles and permitted to wash his hands before the test. As well a guilty plea to mischief endangering life in 1992 in connection with a fire at a nursing home.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=e18a1d29-adc3-4dcb-b4ba-5b9b48748baa&k=70570

Wow, Hrab made allegations against his HPS colleagues and the Crown that went no where? On TV? And he's still employed there? Still going to murder scenes? Still arresting people with no proof?

Geez - if anyone is approached by Hrab because he wants to ask a few questions, my advice would be to invoke your freakin' right to remain silent.

Wow, Hrab made allegations against his HPS colleagues and the Crown that went no where? On TV? And he's still employed there? Still going to murder scenes? Still arresting people with no proof?

Geez - if anyone is approached by Hrab because he wants to ask a few questions, my advice would be to invoke your freakin' right to remain silent.

I do agree, however, here is one where he got it right, I do think the jury can get it right this time, I hope.

http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/361760/badgerow-investigator-warns-women-to-be-vigilant/

Interesting article, gunshot residue particles and permitted to wash his hands before the test. As well a guilty plea to mischief endangering life in 1992 in connection with a fire at a nursing home.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=e18a1d29-adc3-4dcb-b4ba-5b9b48748baa&k=70570

It would be interesting to know who, if anyone, son G knew that resided in the nursing home he attempted to set on fire. That move was serious business.

Just realized this was 6 years before his parents murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back