Texas Woman finds 12-foot snake slithering into bathtub

Dark Knight

Reaction score
A 50-year-old Texas woman who says she is "already afraid of everything" got a huge scare recently when she found a 12-foot python in her bathroom.

Veronica Rodriguez of College Station, Texas, told the Eagle newspaper on Tuesday that she was home alone earlier this month when she heard noises coming from the bathroom.

Initially, Rodriguez thought one of her three pet guinea pigs was making the noises. She opened the bathroom door, flipped on the light and saw the African python slithering into her bathtub.

"As soon as I turned on the light, that's when I saw it," Rodriguez said. "It was crawling into my tub."

Pictures and more info at link: http://news.yahoo.com/python-bathroom-texas-132725962.html

I'd have shot the darn thing ASAP! :scared::scared::scared::scared:

OMG... I would have peed. And NOT in the bathroom. (eeek!)

:scared:

I dont know if this is a coincidence or if you got the info all wrong on my yahoo news it says a woman from singapore and it was a 6 foot python .

I dont know if this is a coincidence or if you got the info all wrong on my yahoo news it says a woman from singapore and it was a 6 foot python .

The story is from Yahoo as you will see by clicking the link. I copied and pasted the first part on here.

:hills: I would have run out the front door... and never returned!! Snake can have my house.

I would totally freak out. I've held big pythons at animal events before but the owner was always right there making sure everything stayed under control. They are extremely heavy and muscular and stronger than a person.

Mistaking it for a garden hose, I almost picked up a black rat snake 3 summers ago. Seriously.... I couldn't breathe for what seemed like minutes and it took a few years off my life. My chest was sore when I woke up the next day! Given that response, I'm pretty sure I would have just gone ahead and died if I found that.

Yep. Dead.

911 in Singapore?

Veronica Rodriguez of College Station, Texas, told the Eagle newspaper on Tuesday that she was home alone earlier this month when she heard noises coming from the bathroom.

911 in Singapore?

There were TWO stories out about women with Pythons in their bathrooms.

As much as I would hate to discover a snake in my home, it's actually understandable how this could have happened... the woman indicates she had been bathing her guinea pigs and would leave the back door open after putting each pig outside... to a snake held in captivity who might be hungry, this is probably like someone who has been in prison eating prison food, and now they are released at an all-you-can-eat buffet. The smell of the small animals was very tempting to the snake, and it went inside to where the pigs had been bathed.

I read the snake was captured in a trash can and sent to a snake rescue, who returned it to the owner. I hope the owner is more diligent about securing his snake in the future!

:hills: I would have run out the front door... and never returned!! Snake can have my house.

RBBM: Yes, exactly, the snake can have my house after that! LOL

O/T (sort of): I was watching an episode of "Billy the Exterminator," where Billy and his brother had a call about snakes (yes plural) were in a house. OMG, there were about five snakes. And if my memory is correct, there was at least one Timber Rattler Snake in the group. I would have just let the snakes have that house to hold their "snake party" where I am sure they plan on how best to scare me! LOL

Now, I am going to be inspecting the bathtub before I go to bed and make sure there isn't something in there!

Thanks DK for posting this! I will not sleep now for a week!!! LOL:scared::scared::scared:

I would faint...then the snake would kill me. :thud:
I just cannot fathom.

What were the "noises" she heard? Snakes (other than rattlers) are usually pretty quiet.

12 ft? I thought everything was bigger in Tex?

If they aren't careful they will get to be like Fla and the Boa Constrictor.

That would scare me so bad I would be throwing some f bombs and obscenities while running for my life..

12 ft? I thought everything was bigger in Tex?

If they aren't careful they will get to be like Fla and the Boa Constrictor.

12 foot is huge for a captive snake, I'd say. Not gonna have many 20 footers as pets.

What were the "noises" she heard? Snakes (other than rattlers) are usually pretty quiet.

Maybe he knocked the shampoo bottles down or something? I just can't imagine....LOL Nova, you KNOW how I am about snakes! LOL You've known me all these years....LOL:floorlaugh::loveyou:

Maybe he knocked the shampoo bottles down or something? I just can't imagine....LOL Nova, you KNOW how I am about snakes! LOL You've known me all these years....LOL:floorlaugh::loveyou:

I grew up quite literally on the edge of the Everglades. While I don't want snakes in my house, if I got the vapors every time I saw one I wouldn't have survived childhood! LOL.

Always remember the snake is more afraid of you than you are of it. Give it a wide berth and you'll be fine. (I'm not sure this applies to pythons, who may very well see us as food.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back