GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Discuss during deliberations here. Deliberations started at 1644 local time 15 May 2014​

Hello WS Friends. I predict a long VW ahead.

Retweeted by Trial Junkie
Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 7m
Talking with male alternate juror He would have found her guilty of first degree #JulieSchenecker

Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 7m
Talking with male alternate juror He would have found her guilty of first degree #JulieSchenecker

If they all feel that way it's gonna be a quick one.

CarsonChambers ‏@CarsonChambers 1h
Judge will let jury deliberate until 6:30PM ~ that's the cutoff ~ unless they are close to a verdict, then they keep going #JulieSchenecker

Draggin' this over to this thread-

Jewels53 said:
Retweeted by Jen's Trial Diaries
Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 5m

Ummmmmm....So say someone chokes on their pizza in the jury room and is no longer "with us".
No alternates.
I am cornfused.

I do *not* understand this: I was an alternate once (awful position, all the work, none of the reward), and during deliberations I had to wait in the juror assembly room, and was still under the 'don't discuss' admonition.

The released alternates are now tainted and cannot be called back. So what if an juror can't serve? Mistrial??????? This is crazy.

Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 3m
Alternate said guilty of first degree murder because of journal entries first and named several other reasons #Schenecker #JulieSchenecker

Someone should start a pool on how long they'll be out.

I say...... assuming they don't deliberate on Saturday.... verdict or "hung" next Wednesday. I think this is going to be a long one.

Not sure how this could be a hung jury. Without the journals, I could see it, but there was much clear planning an disappointment when things didn't go as Julie planned and she documented this well in her journal.

I do *not* understand this: I was an alternate once (awful position, all the work, none of the reward), and during deliberations I had to wait in the juror assembly room, and was still under the 'don't discuss' admonition.

The released alternates are now tainted and cannot be called back. So what if an juror can't serve? Mistrial??????? This is crazy.

I don't think I've ever seen them dismissed so soon. Was it a mistake?

alternates:

in my past experience they are released before deliberations (no worries)

the only time I have seen them stick around is in a DP trial.

Not sure how this could be a hung jury. Without the journals, I could see it, but there was much clear planning an disappointment when things didn't go as Julie planned and she documented this well in her journal.

That was based on a local News pole showing a split down the middle and a large group of 'unsure'.

It certainly could go either way. Many feel it will be a fast 1st degree guilty.

Did judge announce how long between verdict and back to court ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I doubt we'll see a verdict this week. Anyone else?

I agree that jS looks better and more relaxed today. It shows in her facial features.

I think there will be a lot of torn opinions and a hung jury is very possible in this case.

And yes....she looks relaxed, but she shows so little humanity IMHO. Whether that is because she can't....or won't....IDK?

If they have ordered the pizzas and coca cola - think they could get a verdict by 11:59 pm tonight MOO

Is this the kind of deliberation that keeps them in that room till they come to a verdict? Does anyone know?

Dang, you really think they will hang? I hadn't even thought about it but indeed it seems pretty plausible. and if they do, I think a retrial would have the same ending. This case is truly hard.

It's the hardest case that I have observed so far. I would really hate to have this decision on my shoulders. The only verdict I would be able to eliminate is 'not guilty'. Maybe they'll start there.

I think she's been distanced the entire trial.

I think she's been very professional in this trial. Perhaps that's why she has little contact with JS. Remember, (dare I say it)......Jennifer Willmott? Now there's an example of a crap defense lawyer, if ever I saw one. All the emotional, jumping, "Objection Your Honor", followed by bench remarks in open court! Desperate! Oh....and the hugging n' ear whispering with the defendant! Aaargh....she drove me nutsy!!! :tantrum:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back