17-year-old high school student beats sitting W.Va. lawmaker in GOP primary

Swirlz

Reaction score
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – A week before her high school graduation, Saira Blair was barely old enough to vote when she unseated a West Virginia lawmaker almost four times her age.

After Tuesday's GOP primary, the 17-year-old is one election away from becoming the youngest state lawmaker in West Virginia history. Larry Swan, sworn in as a 20-year-old delegate in 1972, set the current record.

You go, Girl!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...nt-beats-sitting-wva-lawmaker-in-gop-primary/

I don't agree with her views for the most part, but I think it's great that she's worked so hard for this! I love teenage energy. :)

A 17 year old simply does not have the life experience to form a sound opinion about anything, especially government policy. IMO to serve in public office you should be at least 30 to qualify.

Wow -
Blair's Democratic opponent, 44-year-old lawyer Layne Diehl, said that it's positive that the teen won the primary, despite their differing views.

"She certainly has taken on this challenge and I think that she's up to it," Diehl said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back