GUILTY KY - Lauren Pettit, 29, killed in hit & run, Erlanger, 17 May 2014

Tssiemer

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I didn't know where to put this. I was talking about this over on the Paige Johnson forum. I was driving down this road when I was stopped by cops and was told the road closed due to a dead body being found. I stuck around because Paige Johnson popped in my head. There is new construction out that way and I thought maybe her body had been discovered by construction workers. I was later informed that the body had only been there about 8 hours or less and that she looked to be in her 30s, they had ID but had to inform family first, but that it was not Paige.

I log on facebook and found out I did know the victim after all.

http://www.fox19.com/story/25543134/duke-energy-employee-finds-female-body-in-erlanger-kentucky

I graduated with this girl. I know this girl. We talk on facebook. All her friends are my friends.

I cannot believe someone just hit her with their car and took off like nothing happened... like they didn't just kill someone's daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, niece, aunt....

I just am in awe. I can't even think straight. I feel like I want to cry but nothing is coming. I feel numb. Just such an awful way to go! Walking to work... and getting hit by a car. SOMEONE knows something!! I will not let this go!

I didn't know where to put this. I was talking about this over on the Paige Johnson forum. I was driving down this road when I was stopped by cops and was told the road closed due to a dead body being found. I stuck around because Paige Johnson popped in my head. There is new construction out that way and I thought maybe her body had been discovered by construction workers. I was later informed that the body had only been there about 8 hours or less and that she looked to be in her 30s, they had ID but had to inform family first, but that it was not Paige.

I log on facebook and found out I did know the victim after all.

http://www.fox19.com/story/25543134/duke-energy-employee-finds-female-body-in-erlanger-kentucky

I graduated with this girl. I know this girl. We talk on facebook. All her friends are my friends.

I cannot believe someone just hit her with their car and took off like nothing happened... like they didn't just kill someone's daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, niece, aunt....

I just am in awe. I can't even think straight. I feel like I want to cry but nothing is coming. I feel numb. Just such an awful way to go! Walking to work... and getting hit by a car. SOMEONE knows something!! I will not let this go!

Praying for you sweetheart. :(

Thank you Tulessa. It's not me you should be worried about, I'm sorry I made it seem about me. I just... I don't know. I'm just in so much shock.

Thank you Tulessa. It's not me you should be worried about, I'm sorry I made it seem about me. I just... I don't know. I'm just in so much shock.

No no no! I could not have made it during 2008 without the prayers of the members here. She was your friend, therefore it IS about you sweetie. Prayers go to her family without saying.

I shared her page for prayers. Thank you for providing that. :)

Someone do some some internet voodoo and find him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all out of voodoo, but I did a quick online search for info and found a "cached" version of Kentucky Online Offender Lookup (KOOL). From what I'm reading... he's on parole (until 2018), has several aliases, and is considered "high risk".

Here's a link (dunno if it will work tho)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c.../KOOL/Details/40270+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

And, quite the arrest record in Campbell County... even an escape.

Thanks fred&edna!!! If he really did it, maybe he'll go away for a long time due to past trouble and being on parole.

Ugh. I'm just so upset. As someone who wrote parole plans and someone fought to prove they were rehabilitated I feel sick to my stomach about this having gotten out.

I feel like such a hypocrite.

Her visitation is tomorrow from 5 to 8 and her funeral is Friday at 10 am.

There is also a gofund account to help her family with funeral costs.

I am not ok with this sentence of 10 years.

Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney Office
Law Practice · 2,579 Likes
· Yesterday at 3:57pm ·

Earlier today, Lonnie James Turner, 39, pled guilty to 2nd Degree Manslaughter and 1st Degree Persistent Felony Offender for causing the death of Lauren Pettit in May, 2014. Investigation by Erlanger Police Detective Jill Stulz indicated Turner, who was not a licensed driver, was drinking at a bar in Newport before driving. Turner struck Pettit, who was walking home from work on Erlanger-Crescent Springs Road after her car would not start. Prosecutors Rob Sanders and Leanne Beck are recommending a 10 year sentence. Because of his status as a persistent felon, Turner will not be eligible for parole until serving 10 years.

https://www.facebook.com/KentonCAO?fref=nf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back