FL - Teenage girl Abducted, found alive. No Alert?

Lava

Reaction score
So, this story just came across my FB feed:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/25548365/teenage-girl-abducted-found-in-fort-myers#.U3kqf_ldW80

Deputies say they received a report of the abduction of a young teenage girl in the Billie’s Creek area at around 1 p.m.

At around 3 p.m. the girl was found by deputies in an apartment complex in the city of Fort Myers – which was about four to five miles from the abduction site.

So, this happened at 1pm and obviously LE had enough information to know she was abducted, and had the vehicle info. But, no one in this area knew about this. No alert was put out. Nothing in the news, until she was found.

So, I'm a little conflicted. Because on one hand, I want to say that LE knows what they are doing, they are experienced, and would put out an Alert if it was in the best interest to do so. On the other hand, we know how time is of the essence and had she not been found, those precious first few hours that are so important would have been lost.

I guess I'm just wondering what everyone thinks. Should Alerts be put out immediately, all the time?

That really is strange. In our safe small town, one time a girl walking home from school with her sister was kidnapped by a man who drove up next to her got out of his car and grabbed her, threw her in the car, and took off. The sister screamed and ran home to tell her parents who called police. Witnesses jumped in their cars and followed the guy who took off at a high rate of speed. They got a description of the guy and his car and got his license plate number. Witnesses eventually surrounded the guy and boxed him in at the Walmart parking lot until police came. Police got the girl back alive but she had already been molested in that short time. If it hadn't been for the quick thinking witnesses and sister, the girl probably would have been sexually assaulted a lot worse and maybe even killed. The girl was only about 9 years old. Who would have expected anything like that in our safe little community that has almost no crime?

That really is strange. In our safe small town, one time a girl walking home from school with her sister was kidnapped by a man who drove up next to her got out of his car and grabbed her, threw her in the car, and took off. The sister screamed and ran home to tell her parents who called police. Witnesses jumped in their cars and followed the guy who took off at a high rate of speed. They got a description of the guy and his car and got his license plate number. Witnesses eventually surrounded the guy and boxed him in at the Walmart parking lot until police came. Police got the girl back alive but she had already been molested in that short time. If it hadn't been for the quick thinking witnesses and sister, the girl probably would have been sexually assaulted a lot worse and maybe even killed. The girl was only about 9 years old. Who would have expected anything like that in our safe little community that has almost no crime?

It can happen anywhere! That is the sad thing. I also lived in a small community when a young boy was kidnapped after he got off the school bus. Unfortunately he was murdered. It really shook up the whole community. The guy was just recently executed and it brought a lot of stuff back for a lot of people. It is the case that haunts me, because we were the same age. That is why I follow these.

Still waiting for more info on this one. I'm so glad they found her, but I'm hoping they have a really good reason for not issuing the alert. Because the next one might not be found so easily.

It sounds like the story has been updated and she gave police false information? Meanwhile, 4 innocent guys were detained for being in a car that was similar to the description she reported had kidnapped her.

Maybe LE knew somehow she was making this up and buying time with this guy who was giving her drugs and alcohol? He was charged, but I guess she was too.

Strange case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back