GUILTY CA - Sophia, 2, Yazmine, 1, & Xenia Coronado, 2 mos, murdered, 20 May 2014

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ren-Are-Found-Dead-Authorities-260055741.html

Link has been updated. The victims are all sisters, a 2 month old, 2 and 3 year old!
:tears: :cry:

A mother is facing murder charges after her three young daughters were found dead at a home in Southern California on Tuesday, authorities said.

The girls' maternal grandmother made an emergency call for help about 5:10 p.m., saying the mother had killed or was killing the girls at the home in the 1000 block of West 223rd Street in unincorporated Torrance, the LACSD said.

(Snip)

She (Coronado) was taken to the hospital for an undisclosed examination and was later taken to the Carson station jail.

The husband and grandmother were at the home at the time of the girls' deaths, detectives said.

:candle:
Fly High together little Angels....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This link contains an embedded video segment on the case:

http://ktla.com/2014/05/20/three-children-found-dead-in-torrance-area-home/

(snip)
(The victims were found) lying in a pool of blood on the bed with their mother, authorities at the scene said.

(snip)
Carol Coronado, was found naked and holding a knife, investigators said.

Images from the linked article:
egydetun.jpg

Also linked here (KTLA's timeline photos)
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...t=a.440942949613.222741.72391084613&__tn__=*s

Suspect: Carol Coronado:
sypamapy.jpg

Heartbroken...

Detailed write up via the Daily Breeze's @LarryAltman:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/20140520...tabbing-death-of-3-young-children-near-carson

It does appear to be a thwarted murder suicide. CC's mother arrived before she was able to finish the job. If only she had arrived sooner, and had saved the girls. If only CC had taken her rage out on HERSELF and not her precious children. :banghead:

I've no doubt she was overwhelmed, without any MI factored in. It sounds like help was nearby. So many what if's! :tears:

Bless the children. They suffered terribly. No way around it.

Insanity defense? Potentially. Post partum depression, evolves to post partum psychosis perhaps.... :sigh:

(Snip)
Neighbor (redacted) said the children’s father was working on his car across the street when his mother-in-law discovered her daughter and the three children in a pool of blood on the bed. The mother had a knife in her hand and was trying to cut her wrists.

“I saw when they were bringing him out,” (redacted) said. “He was crying. He was crying, ‘She killed my daughters!’ ”

http://www.dailybreeze.com/20140520...tabbing-death-of-3-young-children-near-carson

----------

The fact the father of all three girls was OFF the property speaks volumes to me. What was happening in that house? If CC's mother saw the children yesterday, the window for deterioration is fairly narrow.

Were there any signs? Was she bring treated for PPD/S? Did she have any help with the girls?

The act itself is SO heinous. When I read the quote, my first thought was: it was vindictive for her to do this when their Dad was working on the car. :moo: I could be totally wrong. Just a gut feeling, like "I'm stuck in here with three kids, and you're playing with your toys! Why can't you help ME?" Especially reading the quote from the neighbor (quoting CC's mom) that she was "going crazy."

With three children under three, dealing with feedings and diaper changes, likely potty training, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, etc. etc. etc., I'm sure she was.

But nothing can excuse her actions IMO. Call someone. Safe harbor your infant. Whatever it takes. Not this. Not EVER!

:stormingmad:

Oh my...So tragic! I can't even imagine what this poor family is going through! I agree with margarita, possible with such a new baby and the others being so little. I can't get over how awful this is.:cry:

Oh sweet babies.:rose:

"A woman allegedly stabbed her three young daughters to death with a kitchen knife in her home near Carson on Tuesday night, then tried to kill herself, neighbors and sheriff’s deputies said."

"I saw when they were bringing him out,” Madrid said. “He was crying. He was crying, ‘She killed my daughters!’ ”

The grandmother screamed “Oh my God!” and showed Madrid the kitchen knife on the front lawn."

"Madrid said the children’s grandmother had told her that her daughter called her earlier in the day and said she was going crazy."

Mother Held in Killing of Three Girls - @LATimes

(snip)

Late Tuesday, detectives were trying to piece together what happened. "There was a lot of blood," Lt. Dave Coleman said. "It was a pretty substantial scene inside the residence."

He said investigators recovered several knives but added that there "could be multiple causes of death."

(More@link)

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0521-children-slain-20140521-story.html

Possibly multiple causes of death? Hmm...

What a horrible, horrible tragedy! Those poor little ones!

Sounds a little like the Andrea Yates case. Especially the ages of the children. I also wonder if it involved post partem depression. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Very sad indeed.

Possibly multiple causes of death? Hmm...

What a horrible, horrible tragedy! Those poor little ones!

Yes, TravelingBug, I cringe at the thought of the updates that are headed our way. The autopsy reports are likely to bring tears to our eyes, as we imagine these sisters' final moments on this earth. Sending prayers, strength and support to their extended family, as they've an extremely tough road ahead. :tears:

MI and PPD/PPP is very real. I realize that. However, I have a hard time reconciling those diagnoses when envisioning the demises of precious innocents who never asked to be born. I understand it forensically. My heart cannot comprehend it, especially as a mother. :moo:

They went through complete and total hell to gain their wings. I am left questioning my faith and humanity. :dunno:

:twocents:

:rose: :rose: :rose:
:candle:
:praying:

I couldn't have said it any better Kimi. Some days it's just so difficult to be on WS.

God bless those precious babies. :(

Post partum depression is not new. My Mother's cousin had it after her daughter was born but no one knew what it was back then. I'm talking 70 years ago. The cousin used to take her daughter in her pram to the shopping strip and leave the pram there hoping someone would come and take her. Her poor old mother used to come miles on the train every day to get the baby and look after her.

She went to the Doctor with her mother and they told him what was going on. He just told her to pull herself together and go home and do the housework and look after your husband.

Years later when she became well she said she shuddered every time she thought about what she had done and how lucky she was nothing happened to her baby.

So this is not something new but I think the pressures of modern life are showing an increase in mothers that develop it. JMOO

Can I ask a what may seem like a rhetorical question but I truly am curious and baffled...what about having PPD makes you want to murder your own children? What kind of thoughts can enter your mind after giving birth that are so sinister that death/murder are your only solutions?? I don't get it. Maybe I seem insensitive but in my mind you would have to be almost predisposed before you even gave birth to follow that path. I just don't see the connection.

Can I ask a what may seem like a rhetorical question but I truly am curious and baffled...what about having PPD makes you want to murder your own children? What kind of thoughts can enter your mind after giving birth that are so sinister that death/murder are your only solutions?? I don't get it. Maybe I seem insensitive but in my mind you would have to be almost predisposed before you even gave birth to follow that path. I just don't see the connection.

My dad used to question this all the time too. Not just for PPD, but also for various mental illnesses. He used to say, "Why do they have the urge to kill? What about obsessively planting flowers or something? Why is it always rape and murder?"

He was skeptical of the mental illness defense.

(Snip)
Neighbor (redacted) said the children’s father was working on his car across the street when his mother-in-law discovered her daughter and the three children in a pool of blood on the bed. The mother had a knife in her hand and was trying to cut her wrists.

“I saw when they were bringing him out,” (redacted) said. “He was crying. He was crying, ‘She killed my daughters!’ ”

----------

The fact the father of all three girls was OFF the property speaks volumes to me. What was happening in that house? If CC's mother saw the children yesterday, the window for deterioration is fairly narrow.

Were there any signs? Was she bring treated for PPD/S? Did she have any help with the girls?

The act itself is SO heinous. When I read the quote, my first thought was: it was vindictive for her to do this when their Dad was working on the car. :moo: I could be totally wrong. Just a gut feeling, like "I'm stuck in here with three kids, and you're playing with your toys! Why can't you help ME?" Especially reading the quote from the neighbor (quoting CC's mom) that she was "going crazy."

With three children under three, dealing with feedings and diaper changes, likely potty training, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, etc. etc. etc., I'm sure she was.

But nothing can excuse her actions IMO. Call someone. Safe harbor your infant. Whatever it takes. Not this. Not EVER!

:stormingmad:

You are right, there is no excuse. Still, I have compassion for the young mother and for her mother. I don't consider it to be an excuse but rather a reason to help understand the young mother's desperate actions. Three children under three years old would overwhelm anyone.

She called her mother earlier in the day and told her she was going crazy so that is why Grandma was there.

There isn't any excuse for the father to be across the street working on a car.

JMO

I'm one who doesn't believe PPD leads to murder of the child. I think it is nothing more than a way for a father to place total blame on the mother and zero on himself.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back