MO - One-time murder suspect Gregory Breeden is found dead in Butler

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Gregory W. Breeden, a man once suspected in a string of murders of Kansas City women whose bodies were dumped in the Missouri River, was found dead Wednesday in Butler, Mo.

Bates County Coroner Gary Schowengerdt said Breeden died of natural causes and had been dead several days before his body was discovered in a motel where he lived. Butler is about 25 miles south of Harrisonville.

Breeden, 67, was investigated in the mid-1990s for the deaths of seven women. Some were prostitutes, and some of their bodies were mutilated. Breeden was charged in one death, but the case was dropped when a witness wouldn’t testify. Breeden, who denied killing the women, later served 10 years in prison on a bad-check offense.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/05/21/5038765/one-time-murder-suspect-gregory.html#storylink=cpy

Very scary as I still have family living there.

I thought Breeden had been found guilty, goes to show you how much I kept up with the news back then. I know all too well where the motel is that he was living in. I lived in Butler for 14 yr.

The story was if you want to get away with murder commit it in Bates County.

Very scary as I still have family living there.

I thought Breeden had been found guilty, goes to show you how much I kept up with the news back then. I know all too well where the motel is that he was living in. I lived in Butler for 14 yr.

The story was if you want to get away with murder commit it in Bates County.

I don't know Butler that well because we lived further north near Liberty, but Independence Ave is an area, as well as Independence itself, with a lot of problems. At least Breeden can't hurt anyone now.

HARRISONVILLE, Mo. — A former suspect in several Kansas City killings has been charged with misdemeanor sexual misconduct in Cass County for allegedly urinating in public and in view of children.

In the probable cause statement related to the October 7th arrest, a police officer reports he was called out to a residential area on a report that a man exposed himself while urinating outside.

The neighbor who called police said he saw Breeden working on a van in front of his house, and then saw him walk toward the back of the van

“But I looked again and he had his penis out and he was peeing and facing towards all of us,” said the neighbor who wished to remain anonymous.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/10/09/former...rrested-for-exposing-himself-while-urinating/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ller-dead_n_5372498.html?utm_hp_ref=cold-case

The former stock clerk for the Kansas City Public Works Department was charged in 1996 with murdering Viola McCoy. The 36-year-old woman's mutilated body was found in the Missouri River in September 1994, the Associated Press reported.

Police said McCoy's slaying was similar to that of six other women, most of them known prostitutes whose bodies were dumped in the Missouri River between August 1986 and September 1994. Breeden denied involvement in the slayings and in 1999 the prosecution dropped the murder charge against him when a key witness stopped cooperating...

The murders of McCoy, Annette Parker, Melody Milliner, Linda Dennis, Kimberly Rash, Rhonda Dennis and Beverlie Tracy remain unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back